• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Sephzilla

When offering your condolences, can you please specify that it's the American Dream that you're RIPing? My mom reads this thread and she's a worrier.

I vote Dream gets a new tag...any suggestions?

dream
Banned
(Yesterday, 03:18 PM)

Y18mENC.gif

Fox318

Sting at the plate

Oh, somewhere in this favoured land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light;
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children
shout,
But there is no joy at Wrestlemania—mighty Sting has struck out.

Bull Dempsey has been saddled with a "he's fat" gimmick.

We wish him well in his future endeavors.

It's not like we didn't call it: Once Owens made his debut, Bull's spot was done. Then Joe came by and made Bull even more of a punk.

I still have a soft spot for the last of a dying breed. He's still new and can make something of himself.

Kaiterra

Banned
Every time these Tough Enough elimination headlines come up I get so nervous they're going to eliminate the alligator dude before the show even starts.

Sephzilla

I actually like Bull Dempsey but the last of a dying breed thing didn't feel like a really solid fit for him. If he turns into a hybrid comedy/fighter type guy it could work wonders for him

Kaladin

I liked the "he's fat" gimmick from last week. It resulted in a fun finish to the match and a good angle with Regal.

I don't know if it will end with him slimming down and becoming a better wrestler, showing Regal what he can do in his current state and becoming better or just devolving into a comedy character that eats junk food in the ring all the time.

My hope is for one of the first two.

Kaiterra

Banned
I don't know if it will end with him slimming down and becoming a better wrestler, showing Regal what he can do in his current state and becoming better or just devolving into a comedy character that eats junk food in the ring all the time.

My hope is for one of the first two.

I don't think a storyline is going to get him in better shape. There's gotta be massive pressure on him to do that already. I don't really care if he does either. I can only really see it going the latter way or just being something they fuck with him with until he's let go.

Since Sting's bat can cut through sledgehammer handles like a fucking Hattori Hanzo sword, letting him use it to play baseball seems counterproductive, at best.

Mahonay

Banned
Dempsey definitely seems to fit in far better as a comedy wrestler. It was the first time his character had ever entertained me in NXT.

Cagey

Banned
If Vince knew he could just palette swap one of his white wrestlers to pass as black, instead of the Akeem gimmick, we'd have had another black WWE champion by now.

I vote for Black Swagger.

The name alone, friends.

The trap remix of his theme.

Fox318

If Vince knew he could just palette swap one of his white wrestlers to pass as black, instead of the Akeem gimmick, we'd have had another black WWE champion by now.

I vote for Black Swagger.

The name alone, friends.

Titus O'Neil would be champ.

klonere

Banned
I don't think a storyline is going to get him in better shape. There's gotta be massive pressure on him to do that already. I don't really care if he does either. I can only really see it going the latter way or just being something they fuck with him with until he's let go.

He's going to join the New Day, with Bo Dallas

New Day Whitepac

Sephzilla

ECW Champ Vince was during that time when I stopped watching wrestling as well (man, Evolution really murdered my interest in wrestling for a while), going back and seeing that was surreal.

WWECW was something else. It was basically the NXT of today but rather than HHH having the reigns, I'm sure Vince went crazy.

CM Punk did start coming by around that time and we did have Monty Brown/Marcus Cor Von on the roster for a little bit.

Elijah Burke also had his start, too. Let's not forget Mordecai aka Kevin Thorn, as well.

ECW Vince, well, I still don't know how to feel about that. It's almost similar to how I feel about the NAACP debacle going on, truthfully.

Cagey

Banned
I was out on wrestling from the 2003-2011 period but I had a brief comeback for the launch of WWECW. I watched it for a few months, saw Punk's debut, wondered why he was a face given he was preaching straight-edge beliefs, and then stopped.

If only I had held on longer.

Kaladin

Doo Rag McMahon was Vince's attempt to dance on the mutilated corpse of ECW.

It was entertaining, but in an odd way because you knew it was entertaining because he was enjoying himself while getting his rocks off dancing on ECW's grave.

You liked it, but felt dirty because you liked it.

Mahonay

Banned
WWECW was something else. It was basically the NXT of today but rather than HHH having the reigns, I'm sure Vince went crazy.

CM Punk did start coming by around that time and we did have Monty Brown/Marcus Cor Von on the roster for a little bit.

Elijah Burke also had his start, too. Let's not forget Mordecai aka Kevin Thorn, as well.

ECW Vince, well, I still don't know how to feel about that. It's almost similar to how I feel about the NAACP debacle going on, truthfully.
...that member title.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nanae Takahashi took a pay cut for letting the Yoshiko/Act thing go down...

Nanae quit Stardom and just started a new promotion so not to get a pay cut.

#CarnyAsFuck #SorryNotSorry

Nanae Takahashi took a pay cut for letting the Yoshiko/Act thing go down...

Nanae quit Stardom and just started a new promotion so not to get a pay cut.

#CarnyAsFuck #SorryNotSorry

LOL! Just what joshi needs: more vanity promotions.

Tournament of Death IX Part 4: ENDGAME

yIvTc79.jpg

The finale was a plodding sloppy affair that was pretty much two gassed dudes bleeding out and collapsing into the various glass related spots, so really it’s everything I ever expected it to be.
I could commend the finalists for their spirit to carry on to the finishing line but really it’s easier just to call them stupid.

Awesome stuff man and that final paragraph pretty much sums up deathmatch wrestling perfectly.

Oh. Speaking of the NAACP stuff, I forgot that Charlie Haas had the fake Black guy gimmick too for a bit around the time he slipped into the Man of a 1000 gimmicks thing.

Fox318

WWE playing around with photoshop again

3-jurassic-1099611142.jpg

Makes me want a Cesaro vs Rhyno match.

the best wrestlers make you want a match with anyone even if the opponent sucks.

I mean if I told everyone here that Rock, Austin, or a healthy and young Bret Hart were coming back to wrestle The Miz we would all be disappointed it wasn't somebody better but we'd all be excited for the match.

Kaladin

the best wrestlers make you want a match with anyone even if the opponent sucks.

I mean if I told everyone here that Rock, Austin, or a healthy and young Bret Hart were coming back to wrestle The Miz we would all be disappointed it wasn't somebody better but we'd all be excited for the match.

I dunno. I still remember The Rock And John Cena Vs The Miz And R-Truth.

Sephzilla

But Rock vs Cena sold like a billion seats

Fox318

I dunno. I still remember The Rock And John Cena Vs The Miz And R-Truth.

But Rock vs Cena sold like a billion seats

That's my point. You'd still be excited for the match. A good wrestler or somebody you think is a good wrestler is a draw regardless of the opponent.

Miz might be a bad example for the rock but we'd probably be morbidly curious how the match would pan out.

Top Bottom