• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

The fact that Brock got to avoid the writing team plus VKM for large parts of the year and have a carte-blanche Heyman speak for him proves that the rest of the roster are unfairly hampered by having to deal with the bullshit on Raw every week.

He also got to avoid those "Hey pal, I know you've had that knee surgery that's supposed to take 6 months to heal up, but we need you back three weeks from Sunday, pal..." kinds of deals by living out in the boonies where his wife can legit say "he's out hunting and doesn't get cell service out there."

All-in-all, Brock's pretty much a genius at dealing with Vince and the WWE:

-Be a totally unique talent.
-Have "F-U" money.
-Don't indicate that you give two shits about fame or legacy.
-Be hard to reach without GPS coordinates and a helicopter.
-Be physically feared by the rest of the roster enough where they wouldn't dream of crossing you.

RP912

Banned
HHH's influence hasn't changing any of the writing or story line shit.

So true. Honestly unless I see evidence that young Cena fans are returning or will return to the product when they get older things will have to change. The end goal of all of their writing after the Untertaker loss plus the past 2 years of shield booking was to get Roman Reigns over and a huge mania win. Instead they got the other guy over and people booing Reigns.

Punk should have been taking the WWE belt to shows like this while Ray had that belt:

16JtQfIl.jpg

Punk was too busy putting the belt over eggs and milk..

18j4x90ax8qmujpg.jpg

Punk should have been taking the WWE belt to shows like this while Ray had that belt:

16JtQfIl.jpg

Two shockers:

I know two of those guys! Scotty Santiago and Mr. B are DOPE. Haven't seen Scotty in over a year, since he's moved down to Mexico and is doing Lucha, but Mr. B is a regular at Inspire Pro. Funny dude, great timing, and a fine superkick.

Also, fuck... the crowd will pay $20/tix for front row in Lockhart, TX with that card? Wow. People must be swimming in that lucrative BBQ tourism money. (Lockhart is a small town, but widely considered the place in Texas with the best BBQ per capita in the state.)

If Brock gets another reign, it's lasting less than 3 months. They learned their lesson. Roman shall Reign within the next 12 months. Balee dat

Heel

Any E3 predictions you want to make, bean?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Daniel Bryan appears in a 2K Sports segment, discussing a new crowd energy mechanic in which you harness the power of the WWE Universe to build your Special meter. This is an informed guess, because other wrestlers have wrestling to do on Monday.

DMczaf

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Daniel Bryan appears in a 2K Sports segment, discussing a new crowd energy mechanic in which you harness the power of the WWE Universe to build your Special meter. This is an informed guess, because other wrestlers have wrestling to do on Monday.

My Prediction?

Pain.

I think the power of the Yes Movement could breathe new life into the Kinect Sensor.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm hyped for Owens v Cena II. By all rights that match should close the show.

champion v champion has just as much right to main event a show than WWE title you goofs!

This is the first time I've heard Samoa Joe's theme. It sounds like what I, as Super Nintendo owner, imagine the background music of a Sega Genesis beat 'em up would sound like.

Alucard

Banned
The only finish that makes sense in Owens vs. Cena is another Owens win, clean or not. Cena getting his win back would halt Owens' momentum.

Yeah, I don't like Joe's theme at all. If they are trying to push him as a guy not to be fucked with then his theme has to go. Just doesn't fit him and I feel like it killed the crowd at NXT, vibe was just off.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Yeah, I don't like Joe's theme at all. If they are trying to push him as a guy not to be fucked with then his theme has to go. Just doesn't fit him and I feel like it killed the crowd at NXT, vibe was just off.

How do you feel about the smart wrestling crowd that attends NXT tapings at Full Sail University?

klonere

Banned
The only finish that makes sense in Owens vs. Cena is another Owens win, clean or not. Cena getting his win back would halt Owens' momentum.

Its gotta be the apron powerbomb for a DQ finish or something. Its the only spot they didn't give us from the first match.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I look forward to Bryan on the carny circuit in a few years, his "WWE SUPERSTAR" banner at his signing table, sitting in a folding chair, a series of 8x10's and a list of prices for photos and signatures, trying to get a "yes" chant going among the 6 people in the VW hall, browsing various t-shirts of Al Snow and Jack Evans and failing.

klonere

Banned
I look forward to Bryan on the carny circuit in a few years, his "WWE SUPERSTAR" banner at his signing table, sitting in a folding chair, a series of 8x10's and a list of prices for photos and signatures, trying to get a "yes" chant going among the 6 people in the VW hall, browsing various t-shirts of Al Snow and Jack Evans and failing.

are you kidding me? Byran is going to make millions on the vegan lecture circuit espousing the virtues of beans and how they helped him build the YES! Movement and have his #WrestlemaniaMoment.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
the vibe of the crowd can make or break a match. I think they're usually a very live crowd and its good for the camera.

Do you enjoy the fact the it feels like a crowd of people trying to impress those around them with their ability to smark? Make sure everyone knows who the biggest ISEC member is?

Striker

Except Brock is only on a handful of PPVs a year, so that argument doesn't really hold.

I liked that last Brock title reign but it absolutely had to end at Mania. WWE was spinning it's wheels with out the chance to bounce the belt out to anyone else. Their tunnel vision like story lines doesn't leave a lot of room for other things to gain any sense of importance outside of the belts. If they had a better writing staff, sure, let Brock have the title for years.
Right, I see both sides and why it makes sense. But at the same time, they are really lacking for main eventers. This isn't 1988, 1998, or even 2008. They lost all the long time performers and have been stagnant and, as you can tell by their 'Mania matches in the past several years, still reliant on old stars. They haven't built up guys like Wyatt, Rollins, Ambrose, etc. very well (as main event talent) and it's hurt them. Rusev was doing well until he ran into the Cena wall. Ryback did fine until they rushed him into a match with CM Punk and made him lose in such a shitty fashion. Success isn't going to happen overnight, but the way many guys on the roster are used is terrible. Like having guys like Reigns and Rollins talk on the mic for so long. They don't rely on the strengths as much as they should. They also have too much of commentators/other wrestlers talking down on the person's short-comings. I guess that's why I liked the 'golden age' so much because there was hardly any of that (and "5-star matches!" not being finisher fests).

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Maybe some member of Full Sail University will be at E3 tomorrow, to liven up the atmosphere.
*This is gaming clapclap clapclapclap*
*This is awesome clapclap clapclapclap* when a new Nintendo Amiibo is anounced.
*You can't develop clapclap clapclapclap* when EA is on stage
Drop subtle hints of Rock Paper Shotgun and Giant Bomb among themselves, to get some gamer cred among with their peers.

*You still got it* When David Jaffe shows his game

Imagine the Nintendo conference taped at Full Sail.

Edit:
Maybe some member of Full Sail University will be at E3 tomorrow, to liven up the atmosphere.
*This is gaming clapclap clapclapclap*
*This is awesome clapclap clapclapclap* when a new Nintendo Amiibo is anounced.
*You can't develop clapclap clapclapclap* when EA is on stage
Drop subtle hints of Rock Paper Shotgun and Giant Bomb among themselves, to get some gamer cred among with their peers.
lol

Alucard

Banned
Its gotta be the apron powerbomb for a DQ finish or something. Its the only spot they didn't give us from the first match.

That would be fine too. Or if Cena wins (LOL), he needs to be left lying after some apron power bombs after the fact. Maybe placed on a stretcher too.

Does a Cena stretcher gif even exist? Or just him AAING Kane onto one?

Bethesda is the fine purveyor of broken and boring ass WRPG's like Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

Elder Scrolls games are also awesome if you like games where you can climb the ranks to become CEO of the Mage's College and still have spells that make you feel like a complete wimp.

[gets top-level destruction spell]

[waves hand and faintly-glowing red light appears or weak-looking fireball]

Really, after playing ranged characters in Dragon's Dogma, I just want Bethesda to stop making games now.

DMczaf

are you kidding me? Byran is going to make millions on the vegan lecture circuit espousing the virtues of beans and how they helped him build the YES! Movement and have his #WrestlemaniaMoment.

Also his anti-vac Amazon book will sell hundreds of copies.

RP912

Banned
I wonder which presentation would get the Raw after Wrestlemania treatment...

Imagine EA getting booed out of the building.

Chants include:

DESERT STRIKE CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
SIM CITY CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
BATTLEFIELD SUCKS
NEED FOR SPEED SUCKS
*Does wave during Madden 16 presentation*
THANK YOU FIFA!

Top Bottom