• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Fox318

The fact that I said he was a good wrestler without quantifying him as just a white wrestler is a testament to his ability, but it should also be noted that he is by far the whitest wrestler.

Hey man just because his skin pigment is differnt doesn't mean you should treat him different.

I mean whats wrong? I'm just gonna watch his match now and

tvp0uuc.jpg

OH GOD MY EYES I CAN'T SEE

Sephzilla

Movie is designed for the mass wal-mart shopping crowd.

It was fucking horrible btw. MITB was better than Jurassic World.

Actually the reason it had such a massive opening weekend is because its chinese release was at the same time, and China's movie market has boomed. I thought JW was okay. The first half of the movie was way better because
it actually focuses on the park and how it operates, the rest of the movie more needed to be about the park failing more so than Super Dinosaur just running wild like Hulkamania
. The second half of the movie is a dumb monster movie, but dumb in some good ways.

And c'mon now, Jurassic World at least had a couple of good scenes. MITB only had one good match.

jmdajr

I honestly don't understand how it's making so much money. It's not that good of a movie.

What it offers is unique. I mean not like it's never been done, but it's been awhile. And kids who saw it have kids now and want them to share in that experience.

I have to assume it's better than say.. The Phantom Menace.

Overall...I understand why. I just thought no one loved Dinos anymore.
But they do!

I'm sure I'll like it enough.

Alucard

Banned
Been at the car dealership for the past 2 hours and change. Waiting for a tire and oil change. At least I've put a dent in the book I'm reading. Gotten through another 40 pages so far.

Assuming most of you are working?

Fox318

Actually the reason it had such a massive opening weekend is because its chinese release was at the same time, and China's movie market has boomed.
Doesn''t the goverment still limit the number of Western movies that can be shown in screens? If you can get on that list people will see it no matter what.

I thought JW was okay. The first half of the movie was way better because
it actually focuses on the park and how it operates, the rest of the movie more needed to be about the park failing more so than Super Dinosaur just running wild like Hulkamania
. The second half of the movie is a dumb monster movie, but dumb in some good ways.
Movie was nostalgia fest for fans and ironically felt like a theme park ride but all of the characters except for pratt are assholes.

The teen was such a massive dick.

Sephzilla

Movie was nostalgia fest for fans and ironically felt like a theme park ride but all of the characters except for pratt are assholes.

The teen was such a massive dick.

I admit I marked out for
Mr DNA
and
the T-Rex showing up to put Indominus in its place

Fox318

Brock returns!

Machine Gun Kelly hosting and performing...

I'm so torn on watching Raw tonight.

larry-david.gif

Dusty tribute could be nice but I can't help but think Dunn will have them ignore any WCW, NWA, and Memphis stuff.

So Dusty will forever be known for delivering pizzas and helping genius mastermind Paul Kennedy McMahon-Levesque by sweeping the halls at full sail.

Brock returns!

Machine Gun Kelly hosting and performing...

I'm so torn on watching Raw tonight.

larry-david.gif
Oh crap, Raw's in Cleveland tonight. Wrestlers have single-handedly destroyed the Cavs run in the NBA Finals. If it wasn't bad enough having Flair in attendance in game 4 now the entire roster will mush the Cavs before game 6.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If the only thing you need to see is Lesnar standing there while Heyman shouts, just load it up on youtube. Brock's returned like 5 times now, it can't be that different.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Anyone here going to watch ROH Best in the world on friday? I am, this is going to be my first ROH ppv event so I'm really excited!

Alucard

Banned
The Sheamus character is a commentary on entitlement but I guess the millennial posters here aren't self-aware enough to get that.

A white man getting chance after chance despite others being as or more deserving to receive said chances. Very perceptive. And he now has a golden ticket that he can cash in at any time if he gets bored and wants to spoil someone else's success. Pro wrestling story telling at its deepest.

#layers

Striker

The outcome of any of the matches was hardly my biggest problem with the PPV, but even Kane actually has an ongoing storyline both with the champion and the last MITB cash-in. Sheamus is just a guy who is there.

The problem with the main event wasn't the result either, but the fact remains that they invented a rule and then had to explain it to the audience after it happened. That's just bad television.
I knew he was one of two options because 1) he hasn't won it before and 2) he's a heel. Kofi has the same reasons, but he is not going to be a champion or even come close to sniffing the gold. If he did win, they might as well throw out the whole concept because it would be a big joke. Sheamus has been in those main event scenes several times now, and he's won other accolades like the KotR, Royal Rumble, and several midcard title runs. He's another "he hasn't been relevant to the main scene in years, but we're putting him here just in case/eventually". Probably as a potential feud with Reigns.

Top Bottom