• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Sephzilla

Diablo 3 launched the day I graduated law school. Two friends took a week vacation from work and a third joined us to play a game we had waited 11 years for. We had annual four man, hardcore mode, untwinked runs in Diablo 2. A week holed up in an apartment in NYC playing D3 at launch 18 hours a day.

The best part of being an adult is deciding to be an irresponsible kid.

I would give an FF7 remake similar treatment given how long I've waited.

Shit, I'm considering putting in for a couple days of PTO for goddamn Mario Marker, even. Just so I have time to accomplish my gaming dream of making and then playing Super Mario Bros 1 in the Super Mario Bros 3 engine.

Edit- Oh shit, someone confirming the FF7 remake on gaming side has apparently been mod verified. Shit got real.

Fox318

Cena needs to stop using the stunner. It never hits and the guy selling it looks like an idiot.

Even the commentary has no idea if he hit it or not

I know who can give him some tips.

mCOCOgz.gif

Browny

Banned
There was no logical reason to give Sheamus the case last night. He brings nothing to the main event scene at all. He's 37 years old, and gets almost no reaction from the crowd at all - neither positive nor negative. People simply don't give a shit. He would have to undergo the biggest personality bypass of all time to stand any chance of being entertaining.

The case should have gone to someone younger, who is on the verge of the main event scene. Rollins' jump up was pretty much perfect; the same can be said of Edge, Punk and Bryan back in the day. But only Kofi fits that description...

Ah fuck it, perhaps we'll get to see Sheamus vs Brock. That should be good fun.

Cagey

Banned
Shit, I'm considering putting in for a couple days of PTO for goddamn Mario Marker, even. Just so I have time to accomplish my gaming dream of making and then playing Super Mario Bros 1 in the Super Mario Bros 3 engine.

Edit- Oh shit, someone confirming the FF7 remake on gaming side has apparently been mod verified. Shit got real.
I will stay calm tomorrow. I will not scream. I will not freak out. I will not cry.

Friend and fellow Roman countryman Verendus, please hold my hand.

Kaladin

There was no logical reason to give Sheamus the case last night. He brings nothing to the main event scene at all. He's 37 years old, and gets almost no reaction from the crowd at all - neither positive nor negative. People simply don't give a shit. He would have to undergo the biggest personality bypass of all time to stand any chance of being entertaining.

The case should have gone to someone younger, who is on the verge of the main event scene. Rollins' jump up was pretty much perfect; the same can be said of Edge, Punk and Bryan back in the day. But only Kofi fits that description...

It would have been a good time to put it on an extremely younger name that has the chops to make that jump like oh say Neville.

People were booing the fuck out of him when he won. Which is good, considering he's a heel.

Browny

Banned
It would have been a good time to put it on an extremely younger name that has the chops to make that jump like oh say Neville.

Is Neville close enough? I suppose so - plenty of time to slowly build him up.

People were booing the fuck out of him when he won. Which is good, considering he's a heel.

Not just booing the decision? Meh, I almost wish Kane had won it instead.

In 2015.

Sephzilla

This might have the potential to be the greatest E3. On that note, it's entirely likely that none of us will be able to talk until Wednesday since I doubt GAF servers will be able to withstand even one megaton announcement

Fallout and No Man's Sky are all I care about, tbh. And new Red Dead. Dishonoured II looks nice, but I don't like to buy sequels to games I never got around to completing in the first place. Final Fantasy can stick it, brother.

klonere

Banned

Honestly as a big Sheamus mark, the case would have been more interesting with Kofi or Reigns (provided he did a heel turn with it).

Still I think if they book him right and not as some fucking goober like the do with all their heels he can have good stiff matches where he beats the ever loving shit out of babyfaces only to get murdered by Brock.

Sadly as someone pointed out last night, this could all be to get him a more prominent spot on the show to promote the fucking Ninja Turtles movie.

Fox318

What does a remake even mean?

Square couldn't cobble up the funds needed to make it the way something like that needs to be made.

Sephzilla

What does a remake even mean?

Square couldn't cobble up the funds needed to make it the way something like that needs to be made.

If it's Sony exclusive like the rumor indicates, Sony could be co-funding it like they did with Street Fighter 5. Honestly all I want from a remake is updated music, higher res backgrounds, and updated character models.

Alucard

Banned
If it's Sony exclusive like the rumor indicates, Sony could be co-funding it like they did with Street Fighter 5. Honestly all I want from a remake is updated music, higher res backgrounds, and updated character models.

And better controls. But yeah, I'd just want an updated visual style and not much else. Maybe some extras thrown in like an alternate story where you can save Aeris or something.

Sephzilla

And better controls. But yeah, I'd just want an updated visual style and not much else. Maybe some extras thrown in like an alternate story where you can save Aeris or something.

If the rumor is true, they still have 2 years of dev time to work on it. That's plenty of time to do a lot of updating. If they still go with pre-rendered cutscenes like what the classic game did, I bet they could reuse a ton of assets from Advent Children and Crisis Core as well.

Kaladin

Is the Performance Center putting all other wrestling schools out of business, specifically those owned by wrestlers like Booker?

No because to get into The Performance Center, I think you have to get noticed as a wrestler....or somehow get invited.

It's not a place anyone can sign up for, like those other schools are.

klonere

Banned
Is the Performance Center putting all other wrestling schools out of business, specifically those owned by wrestlers like Booker?

You can't pay to turn up at the Performance Center and get trained, you gotta get an NXT contract first, so no, I don't think so.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nah, that's going to be saved for when Cena breaks the record

This too.

And honestly, why the fuck wasn't Shaemus cashing in last night when Dean and Ambrose were basically killing themselves?

Because then he'd have to fight Brock Lesnar and he'd rather wait until all of his contractual appearances are used up.

No because to get into The Performance Center, I think you have to get noticed as a wrestler....or somehow get invited.

It's not a place anyone can sign up for, like those other schools are.

You can't pay to turn up at the Performance Center and get trained, you gotta get an NXT contract first, so no, I don't think so.

Thanks. I wasn't trying to be a smark; I was legit curious. I am currently taking business management classes and am starting to learn more in competitive businesses.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I feel like the MitB finally reached its logical conclusion with a Wrestlemania cash in, they've pretty much done all the interesting things they can with the concept at this point.
I'd just drop the whole thing entirely for a while if I'm honest, it doesn't help that most reigns gained from a cash in are among the weakest of the modern era.

ding ding ding

The gimmick of a dude cashing in on a guy who is already asleep makes the title weaker anyways.

Fox318

MITB should be used to bolster the top of the card with giving new guys a shot.

Instead they fill the match with failures, no chance dudes, or Vince Guys.

Angry Grimace

MITB should be used to bolster the top of the card with giving new guys a shot.

Instead they fill the match with failures, no chance dudes, or Vince Guys.

The outcome of any of the matches was hardly my biggest problem with the PPV, but even Kane actually has an ongoing storyline both with the champion and the last MITB cash-in. Sheamus is just a guy who is there.

The problem with the main event wasn't the result either, but the fact remains that they invented a rule and then had to explain it to the audience after it happened. That's just bad television.

Fox318

The outcome of any of the matches was hardly my biggest problem with the PPV, but even Kane actually has an ongoing storyline both with the champion and the last MITB cash-in. Sheamus is just a guy who is there.

The problem with the main event wasn't the result either, but the fact that they invented a rule and then had to explain it to the audience after it happened. That's just bad television.

Vince McMahon: Just bad television

Kaladin

They should go all in with the Sheamus and King Barrett pairing now.

You have King Barrett and Mr. Money In The Bank Sheamus.

That's a good mid-card pairing and hey....they can wrestle tag matches where Barrett takes the fall to keep Sheamus strong for his title run.

Sephzilla

Shaemus winning MITB just means that some face champion down the line is going to have his title reign cut off at the knees. We'll most likely get some crazy fall/winter scenario where Ambrose or Ziggler get their hands on the belt and then LOCAL MAN RUINS EVERYTHING DOT JPEG

Aiii

So not worth it
Sheamus is a good wrestler with a character and one of the best looks going today.

I'm blanking on his character right now, but I haven't watched that much of Raw lately.

He's a guy that taunts the crowd with "are you not entertained" and is Irish, right?

Have they even given him a proper storyline since his return, at all?

Fox318

Shaemus winning MITB just means that some face champion down the line is going to have his title reign cut off at the knees. We'll most likely get some crazy fall/winter scenario where Ambrose or Ziggler get their hands on the belt and then LOCAL MAN RUINS EVERYTHING DOT JPEG

pretty much.

and give Shaemus credit the dude made some changes and his moveset is perfect for a hard hitting heel.

In an alternative universe where Mania 27 doesn't happen he's just over as Bryan.

Biggest fuck up ever. I mean they tried to rocket one guy and the other guy became the most over wrestler the company has had in almost 10 years.

Look at the mainstream attention Bryan got from the seahawks, giants, and even the robbery.

While they tried book him as a dork.

Dusty would have never gotten hired in Vince and Paul's WWE.

Kaladin

I'm blanking on his character right now, but I haven't watched that much of Raw lately.

He's a guy that taunts the crowd with "are you not entertained" and is Irish, right?

They paired him with King Barrett for a bit, but did nothing with it in the end.....which is a shame because that pairing would work well for the both of them.

Angry Grimace

I believe his current gimmick is that he is a heel. I'm pretty it is really that generic.

Didn't he come back after WrestleMania and go "muahahhaah I'm a heel now and have a heel haircut!" and that was it?

The fact that I said he was a good wrestler without quantifying him as just a white wrestler is a testament to his ability, but it should also be noted that he is by far the whitest wrestler.

Kaladin

Did anyone else notice that Paige had more color than usual last night? She wasn't as pale as she always is when she wrestles. This is a legit question because I've never known anyone that is that pale like her and Sheamus are, but does WWE add some make-up to make her look like that or is it naturally back and forth from pale to more colorful?

I remember some Sheamus interview from early on asking him about if they do anything to make him look that and he said that's how he always is.

Angry Grimace

The fact that I said he was a good wrestler without quantifying him as just a white wrestler is a testament to his ability, but it should also be noted that he is by far the whitest wrestler.

Are we sure he's actually whiter than Paige? Because that's sexism, friend.

Top Bottom