• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Pavaloo

did hunter have a "backhand deal" with brock?

John-Cena-vs-Brock-Lesnar-SummerSlam-WWE-World-Heavyweight-Championship3.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I seem to remember Ric Flair giving a lot of dudes backhand deals.

I guess it would make sense, considering Shenmue 2 bombed more on Xbox than on Dreamcast.

back on topic, did Cole really sue Brock in real life? Or is this another WWE script getting out of hand?

Sounds like we're gonna have to finally have the talk.

....is "backhand deal" some kind of carny talk?

A "backhand deal" means an agreement between two parties of which one is considerably more powerful and influential and could potentially ruin the other if they violate the terms of the deal.

The term comes from the relationship between a pimp and his hoes and how he maintained their working relationship with the threat of violence.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
A "backhand deal" means an agreement between two parties of which one is considerably more powerful and influential and could potentially ruin the other if they violate the terms of the deal.

The term comes from the relationship between a pimp and his hoes and how he maintained their working relationship with the threat of violence.

A quick google search reveals its either a mondegreen or a sexual favor that costs about $20 in the seedier parts of town.

Sorry for breaking kayfabe.

I love that Sony were like, "hey, let's give the nervous guy with a game of huge scope 3 minutes to try and explain exactly what it is, but make sure Activision have a solid ten minutes for the excitable man children demoing BLOPS".

Backed the Shenmue III thing. Even if it's bad, I just want to see it happen - Shenmue ruled, I don't care what anyone says. Those games captured my imagination in a big way, I didn't find them anywhere near as dull as others seem to.

Biggest win of e3 for me was the media player on PS4, now I can pack away my PS3 :)

It shows how good British wrestling has become that US promotions are paying to fly UK guys over for their shows. Just a couple of years ago Mandrews & Pete Dunne had to pay their way on a tour of the states, but now Ospreay & Scurll are booked for the biggest tournament in US indie wrestling.

Proper pleased for both guys, Ospreay's going to wow the hell out of the PWG crowd. I think they'll really love Marty as well, although it likely won't be immediate. Scurll is sneaky good. There's flashier wrestlers, but few are as consistently great as Marty.

The Rev Pro show from the weekend with Nak vs Roddy and Damo vs Ishii etc. is already up to watch: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/summersizzler2015

Looking forward to seeing what I missed.

Undisputed British Heavyweight Championship:
- AJ Styles vs. Marty Scurll (c)
- Matt Classic & Colt Cabana vs. Lord Gideon Grey & Rishi Ghosh
2 Out of 3 Falls for the British Cruiserweight Championship:
- Matt Sydal vs. Will Ospreay (c)
- Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Roderick Strong
- Tomohiro Ishii vs. Big Damo
Undisputed British Tag Team Championship
- Sha Samuels & James Castle vs. Joel Redman & Jake McCluskey (filling in for Mark Haskins)

Aiii

So not worth it
Watching the WWE Network's Dusty special. It mines a lot from the DVD they made, obviously, but that's a good thing. What a legend.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bean, I sincerely thank you for your support this past month. It is appreciated.

klonere

Banned
Is Vince the only one who thinks Orton Shaemus is good?

I hope its changed to Sheamus Ambrose with Ambrose coming out on top. That would be a pretty good match and a different type of opponent for Sheamus. Sadly, its going to be Orton and Sheamus :(

You know I think I want Rollins to win at Battlegrounds. Just to make up for everything that has happened from WM tillthe MiTB mainevent. I think I'm a Rollins mark now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I would have brought some jiffs, but I just got in at the beach and I'm only on mobile. This place is a goddamn paradise. This resort I'm at is almost a goddamn white 50 year olds wet dream, and since I'm 35, I'm pretty happy. Taking advantage of their EVERYTHING.

I do want to address some things though.

The conversations here are going to ramp up, Movie Night II is being planned, and I have a bunch of community events lined up for us, as a community. It was tough, not being able to coordinate anything from my prison, but I've set the table and will reveal all once I'm back in Shitkicker Oklahoma.

It's good to be back!

jred2k

Also, I would have brought some jiffs, but I just got in at the beach and I'm only on mobile. This place is a goddamn paradise. This resort I'm at is almost a goddamn white 50 year olds wet dream, and since I'm 35, I'm pretty happy. Taking advantage of their EVERYTHING.

The conversations here are going to ramp up, Movie Night II is being planned, and I have a bunch of community events lined up for us, as a community. It was tough, not being able to coordinate anything from my prison, but I've set the table and will reveal all once I'm back in Shitkicker Oklahoma.

It's good to be back!

Promise us you'll never get banned again.

We'll believe it this time.

Sephzilla

It's good to be back!

Welcome back!

2k is touting that WWE 2k16 will have the largest roster of any WWE video game in history.

Randy Orton '05
Randy Orton '09
Randy Orton '10
Randy Orton '12
Randy Orton (present)

Bean, I sincerely thank you for your support this past month. It is appreciated.
Welcome back, Vince McMahon.
But Shenmue was a boring piece of slice-of-life Japanophile trash. You roleplayed a random Japanese guy living a random life in a random part of Japan and it let nerds live out their mundane dreams.

Easily understood why gamers want this made -- because 84% of gamers are transracial Asians (Japanese, of course) -- but sad all the same.
Now I know how Bootaaay feels when people overlook his Japanese wrestling posts because they'd rather talk about Finn Balor's makeup.

Sephzilla

Someone said they thought they noticed a brief Chrono Trigger tease in the Square E3 hype video. I swear to fucking god I wouldn't be able to contain myself if a new Chrono game got announced at this E3 after all of the bombshells from yesterday.

The way the bombshells are dropping I expect No Mercy HD and Half Life 3 to happen

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding E3, backcompat on the Bone is pretty awesome. I have a large digital library on there that'll be nice to access. FF7 is garbage so hopefully they overhaul uh, everything. Shenmue 3 is just so wonderful. But most people don't give a shit about Shenmue, except a vocal minority. And don't point at the kickstarter numbers as being proof it isn't - the number of backers is terrible for people wanting a new Shenmue. It'll get funded and made but it's a vanity project. Which is fine, I want it! But you'll see no false illusions from me, it shouldn't be made because nobody cares.

New and more old Gears of War makes me happier than a pig in shit, because I love giant muscle men shooting guns. I was disappointed in the Gears 4 reveal when the main character (as far as we know) came out of the shadows and... Wasn't Marcus :(

Sephzilla

The Gears 4 reveal would have been a lot better if I could have actually seen it. Also, the Gears 4 main character isn't Cole. This is the biggest problem facing that game.

Sephzilla

I'm also getting a kick out of a few people who are saying "Last Guardian looks like a PS3 game" thinking they're being cute trolls.

I'm more excited for Horizon: FIrst Dawn than Final Fantasy VII remake, though both will get my money.

#FACT

I'm happy Guerilla Games is finally moving on from Boringzone and is doing something fresh. Horizon looked pretty dope.

Zach

The Last Guardian does kind of look like a PS3 game... to me, at least. The footage was kind of underwhelming, too. Doesn't matter, though. Shadow of the Colossus is one of my favorite games of all time (and ICO was good), so I'll buy it day one. I'm guessing I'll like it a lot when I actually play it.

And Horizon does look very promising. Lots of good stuff at this E3.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, look who's back. Did you learn your lesson?

(Why were you even banned? >_>)
Oh I learned a lesson all right. Although that's no longer an issue, so, alls well.

I was banned for posting a tasteful male nude that did not show genitalia. Some people just get scared around artsy stuff. Omertà is coming back.

Sephzilla

The reason Last Guardian looks like a PS3 game is because it is one.

I couldn't help but think that SunnyMac was probably super happy during that XB1 conference. It was cool that both Microsoft and Sony brought their A game

Top Bottom