• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Bandini

People are way too prone to complete changes in opinion based on whatever the newest piece of information is. As long as I'm getting Shenmue III for my money, I'm happy. Obviously they were going to need some other funding.

zychi

Banned
So did anybody bring up this report by Meltzer?

– "As of this writing, the scheduled main event for WWE SummerSlam in August will be WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins vs. Triple H. The news was first reported by Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Radio.

WWE has already planted the seeds for the match, with a rift forming between Rollins and The Authority and Rollins using Triple H’s pedigree finisher. It remains to be seen if Rollins will be turning babyface for his feud with Triple H, but Brock Lesnar and Triple H both wrestling at SummerSlam will help solidify the show as one of WWE’s top special events of the year."

Sorry if this is old news I just saw it.

I literally posted this as soon as Seth said he was the greatest.

I am Meltzer? Same sources? (no source)

scabro

i, for one, am outraged that the game that a bunch of people clamored to be developed is now being developed.

what is gaming coming to?

its about ethics in game development

– "As of this writing, the scheduled main event for WWE SummerSlam in August will be WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins vs. Triple H. The news was first reported by Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Radio.

WWE has already planted the seeds for the match, with a rift forming between Rollins and The Authority and Rollins using Triple H’s pedigree finisher. It remains to be seen if Rollins will be turning babyface for his feud with Triple H, but Brock Lesnar and Triple H both wrestling at SummerSlam will help solidify the show as one of WWE’s top special events of the year."

M4vuO.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
People are way too prone to complete changes in opinion based on whatever the newest piece of information is. As long as I'm getting Shenmue III for my money, I'm happy. Obviously they were going to need some other funding.

This whole idea that Kickstarter is some beacon of light against capitalism is ridiculous anyways. First thing that website does is take 10% of the project's money.

And what is their service exactly, they made a website and provide hosting, fine, they offer payment services that are very limited, not even any Paypal support which severely impacts projects trying to raise funding, esp. in Europe, probably because it cuts in to KS profits to use PayPal. And that's it. That website earns some serious cash for doing next to nothing.

Mind you, good on them for making cash, but people complaining about the integrity of KS and bs like that, Jesus.

KS is a commercial service for preordering products, nothing more. It has no soul or greater humanitarian purpose.

Fox318

Why?

NO NO NO NO NO NO. FUCKING WHY?!?!? Fucking Why?
Triple H
couldn't even last to work a match with
Sting
and they do this. Plus they are fucking low on heels already why would they do this?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I was out for Fat Boy Owens' debut. It was nice and his match (the first one) with Cena was alright but there's really nowhere in a match left for them to go. He looks terrible in there, physically, next to Cena. Dude needs a little Diet Discipline.

Alucard

Banned
I'm with Aiii. Owens has looked tremendous. He's been putting out the best promos and matches in the WWE over the past month.

Owens has that husky Wreck it Ralph appeal that I find endearing.

Why do you think John Goodman keeps getting movie roles? Talent baby, and Owens has plenty of it.

Striker

His attire is comically bad. Then again so is Reigns and Ambrose gear too. Ambrose still wrestle in the same get-up as Luke Harper?

Kaladin

I still stand by the opinion that Owens has been slimming regularly. He started with a gut when he debut'd on NXT, but when you see his matches with Cena he's more of a linebacker build. Still thick but more slim.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Owens looks great. I don't see a problem.
One thing that bugs me, that is small but could be rectified but he KEEPS FIXING HIS SHIRT. it's like when the other day there was a jiff of this tremendous powerbomb off the top rope with I think Emma? And Paige, and Paige fixed her hair on the way down. It just takes me out of it to see people fixing their shit. I feel the same way about people picking out a wedgie but that's a necessary evil, and one Ahmed Johnson never partook in.

If Owens would actually lose some weight a lot of his problems would vanish. His accent is hilarious though. But that's a disagreement for another day.

Cagey

Banned
I still stand by the opinion that Owens has been slimming regularly. He started with a gut when he debut'd on NXT, but when you see his matches with Cena he's more of a linebacker build. Still thick but more slim.
Please post a single photo of an NFL linebacker with his build. Linebackers look like John Cena.

Owens looks like a defensive coordinator.

Kaladin

Fuck it, you know it's been years since I watched football. The Falcons suck.

Probably more like an offensive lineman. You know what I mean.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I mean lets be honest, Kevin was specifically told NOT to slim down because his appeal is that he looks like the majority of fans do. It's kind of like Daniel Bryan and his beard. It's what's marketable. People like to pretend "hey, Owens' gut kinda looks like mine. He's just like me! And I'm like him!" And it makes him fans. It's not even a #dadbod in the faintest sense either. It's just being a porky shit. It's all marketability. Vince wants people to identify with him.

"Well goddamn, all those goddamn people booing Cena, are they kids?"
"No, Vince. It's their dads, most of them are sick of seeing Cena but their kids like him."
"Find me someone who looks like their dads. And not people with oversized beards this time. Have it a little shorter."

Voilà

Thorakai

So I had a final interview for this position this past Friday. Tomorrow I am getting a call, presumably telling me whether I got hired or rejected. Its not until the afternoon.

I think I am going to be sick.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So I had a final interview for this position this past Friday. Tomorrow I am getting a call, presumably telling me whether I got hired or rejected. Its not until the afternoon.

I think I am going to be sick.
Just run Crystal Tower until Heavensward and everything will be alright.

hope you get it

AAW Wrestling ‏@AAWPro 3m3 minutes ago

Major progress made on AAW OnDemand. We are getting closer to announcing a launch date.

can't wait to get back into AAW

somedevil

WWE has announced a new youtube channel for videogames hosted by Xavier Woods. Here is the schedule for whats going to be on it:

• UpUpDownDown Plays (Mondays) – A “Let’s Play” style show featuring Woods and other personalities playing through today’s hottest titles.

• For the Lolz (Wednesdays) – Woods and others explore the vast worlds of popular sandbox games like Grand Theft Auto V, where just about anything and everything can happen.

• Jump Scares (Fridays) – Delving deep into the horror genre, players push their intestinal fortitude to the limit by creeping through the industry’s most bloodcurdling games.

• Superstar Savepoint (Saturdays) – Guests are tasked with jumping into a random game totally “cold,” and must help lead Woods to gaming glory in this unpredictable co-op experiment.

• Gamer Gauntlet (Sundays) – Woods and friends challenge each other for more than gaming bragging rights, with losers suffering pre-determined penalties.

Top Bottom