• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

I didn't expect the CZW themed thread to be this disgusting. Can it with the video game chatter nerds

Bcob7h5.gif

klonere

Banned
Agree with everything. Owens has won me over, though, because he seems genuine, as opposed to a dude trying his best to be a character.

And I've been dragging my feet on my chronological viewings, but I'm in the middle of the Rumble '98 and Ahmed Johnson -- oh, lawd, Ahmed Johnson. He looked sooooo bad and I believe that SPOILERS! after he was eliminated from the Rumble, his tights were riding up hilariously high, so I love your aside about him.

When i started watching some of the 96/97 Raws and Ahmed is always a highlight, dude was jacked as hell, great physical charisma and talked like a badass

I think Botaaay told me that he got injured a bunch and that really killed his momentum and explains the state of him in the Rumble I guess

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was some indie guy who made his first game, and he was really excited and he had a plushie of the character and he spent most of the speech nervous because he was really proud and he hoped people liked it

It was pretty cute and cool, plus it's only $20 apparently so fuck it I might get it on PC regularly and not wait for a sale
Goddamn, which conference was that? The way you worded that leaves me legit shook, I want to feel some feels.

Man, I wished I hadn't dragged my heels so long to go to some local indie shows. I'm hooked. Nothing. Just go have fun and leave. Good stuff. I've already spotted the uber marks and creepers after 2 shows.

Overall I've enjoyed this month watching CZW, local shows and a bunch of on demand stuff. Maybe saw 1 Raw and the 2 PPVs but I haven't missed RAW and I don't hate it.
There's so much wrestling out there though, it seems odd to get stuck in a cycle watching something that angers you more than entertain - take a gamble and watch something different!

Edit: Sorry, it was the EA confreence

Here's a link to the presentation: https://youtu.be/vHJMMMka8UE?t=1067

I decided to give this a chance. I was touched by this person's sincerity and it seemed as though he created a charming little game. Then at one point they cut to the audience for a reaction and I was immediately put off due to the disgusting people in attendance and I couldn't enjoy the trailer

I think if there was some way to separate video games from video gamers it would really help the industry. Moving towards digital downloads so that you don't have to interact with video game sales reps has been a good step but it isn't enough

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Even a kinda bad indie show is often more fun than watching a show on TV. I like live shows a lot.

I decided to give this a chance. I was touched by this person's sincerity and it seemed as though he created a charming little game. Then at one point they cut to the audience for a reaction and I was immediately put off due to the disgusting people in attendance and I couldn't enjoy the trailer

I think if there was some way to separate video games from video gamers it would really help the industry. Moving towards digital downloads so that you don't have to interact with video game sales reps has been a good step but it isn't enough

You'd think video games appeal to everyone, but it doesn't feel like it sometimes.

darkbanjo

Speaking of structured reality programs, I hope Tough Enough can keep up its momentum from last night. Exceeded my expectations, and I enjoyed the last series they did with SCSA.

somedevil

Is it on Hulu?

No a special on the network where they get to the final 13.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v168891983

Plus I wonder if any clevand fans are going to blame Rollins for the loss last night:

SI.com notes that the Golden State Warriors used a clip from Monday's WWE RAW in their film session on Tuesday, just hours before winning the NBA Championship. The clip was of Seth Rollins' promo where he showed Cleveland "what a real world championship looks like" and said LeBron James won't be bringing a title to Cleveland, which he didn't as the Warriors beat the Cavaliers last night.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Brock to lose match against Steph Rollins when stip added that he must carry JR-Truth and Zack Dellavadova on his back throughout the match against Rollins and four other teammates.

lol.

Also, I know Wreddit has always been sort of circle-jerky, but damn, it's gotten really bad lately. The cognitive dissonance between the Owens push and the Reigns push from late 2014 is hilarious. They legitimately cannot handle Reigns actually being a likable wrestler in any fashion.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lol.

Also, I know Wreddit has always been sort of circle-jerky, but damn, it's gotten really bad lately. The cognitive dissonance between the Owens push and the Reigns push from late 2014 is hilarious. They legitimately cannot handle Reigns actually being a likable wrestler in any fashion.
During my exile, I took a gander at Wreddit and my goodness, I've never seen such a community-wide boner for Fatty Owens. Well, aside from a few people here who were saying some genuinely laughable things and comparisons. A few people is fine, an entire community is just terrible. I'd say the people thinking he looks like a badass with his baby tights is really funny. Or his disgusting neckbeard.

jmdajr

I have no clue how HHH convinced Vince on Owens but glad he did because so far I like it. And I don't know anything about his indy career in Bingo halls. Everything I know is from just NXT on.

Jim Rome was just talking about Seth Rollins, playing his promo from Raw and using insider terms like "heel" on his nationally syndicated radio show.

You'd think video games appeal to everyone, but it doesn't feel like it sometimes.

That's really the thing of it, right? I mean I would love it for this wrestling community to be all inclusive but all of the gaming posts are extremely off-putting to those outside of the traditional "gamer" demographic

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have no clue how HHH convinced Vince on Owens but glad he did because so far I like it. And I don't know anything about his indy career in Bingo halls. Everything I know is from just NXT on.
I enjoy it too as Cena is a fantastic, amazing dude to make a new star with. Cena gave Owens everything on a silver platter. If Owens bumbles that, there's no hope. Pretty curious how it'll play out. I've never seen Cena be this generous. Good guy John. What baffled me is all the marks on Twitter rejoicing over Owens winning. That's...the whole point. It's the new "John Cena Sucks" shirt. Keep fucking tha chicken.

Bandini

Owens obviously isn't the best looking guy on the roster, but he feels authentic and has an intensity that can't be denied. Crowds are popping huge for him after only a month on the main roster. I don't like wreddit, but they aren't really wrong on this one.

Cagey

Banned
lol.

During my exile, I took a gander at Wreddit and my goodness, I've never seen such a community-wide boner for Fatty Owens. Well, aside from a few people here who were saying some genuinely laughable things and comparisons. A few people is fine, an entire community is just terrible. I'd say the people thinking he looks like a badass with his baby tights is really funny. Or his disgusting neckbeard.

As David Shoemaker skillfully noted, the WWE has finally succeeded in creating the fully subsumed by WWE, fully created by WWE, artfully cultivated by WWE Us-v-Them dynamic that the smark ass smarks desperately crave as participants in the WWE Universe. To watch WWE isn't enough; they need to simultaneously rebel against the system, see "out of touch old men" get their comeuppance through heroes they "handpicked", but this all takes place within the WWE system. Strange.

WWE -- by way of NXT, the WWE Network, and with the help of scooping up dudes from VFW halls in Rahway, NJ and armories in Bumfuckstershire, England -- has its own alternative "subversive" brand and champions of said brand who exist to stick it to The Man.

It helps when said champions don't look fantastic and have exquisite physical conditioning and aesthetics, because the smarks will write these sculpted athletes off as "bodybuilders", which is code for "WWE approved".

These are the people drinking Sprite in the 90s and thinking they're rebelling against Coca-Cola.

And I do love Kevin Owens.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Indy Cena is best Cena.
Goddamn that ECW show where he was a heel was amazing. He can do heel really well, just rarely gets the opportunity.

Btw breh I drove 100 miles up and down the PCH last night. Took a while but it got beautiful. I know you were with me in spirit.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Goddamn that ECW show where he was a heel was amazing. He can do heel really well, just rarely gets the opportunity.

Btw breh I drove 100 miles up and down the PCH last night. Took a while but it got beautiful. I know you were with me in spirit.

To be fair Cena has been a heel since 2007 for a large portion of the paying audience.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As David Shoemaker skillfully noted, the WWE has finally succeeded in creating the fully subsumed by WWE, fully created by WWE, artfully cultivated by WWE Us-v-Them dynamic that the smark ass smarks desperately crave as participants in the WWE Universe. To watch WWE isn't enough; they need to simultaneously rebel against the system, see "out of touch old men" get their comeuppance through heroes they "handpicked".

WWE -- by way of NXT, the WWE Network, and with the help of scooping up dudes from VFW halls in Rahway, NJ and armories in Bumfuckstershire, England -- has its own alternative "subversive" brand and champions of said brand who exist to stick it to The Man.

It helps when said champions don't look fantastic and have exquisite physical conditioning and aesthetics, because the smarks will write these sculpted athletes off as "bodybuilders", which is code for "WWE approved".

These are the people drinking Sprite in the 90s and thinking they're rebelling against Coca-Cola.

And I do love Kevin Owens.
Really good insight. WWE are second to none at leveraging fans' desires and continuing to pack their wallets.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kevin Owens has made me actually look forward to John Cena matches
They're not terribly good matches at all, though. Just finisher-fests. A million kick outs. That first match they had should have been the LAST match they had in a feud, seriously.

Heroman

Banned
They're not terribly good matches at all, though. Just finisher-fests. A million kick outs. That first match they had should have been the LAST match they had in a feud, seriously.
But you can say the same most good matches. Most big wwe matches are people just kicking out.

Dude should really shave that neckline. It's not hard to make sure your beard doesn't look like crap!

;_; <3

Did you enjoy it? I know the PCH can be a bit cliche but it is something I always wanted to do. Was it busy? Did you just go late night into the morning?

Heroman

Banned
Going back and rewacthing the Owen vs cena macth 2 it crazy how hype the crowd is for guy that alot of them didn't know about a month early.

Top Bottom