• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nintendo manchildren keeping the reputation of neogaf.com #safe

yahoo.com said:
So, just how intense was this fanboy meltdown? This comment posted on a massive Neogaf thread might be the single most overwrought comment we’ve ever seen about video games, and that includes all the comments we saw from rage-consumed Bioware fans about the ending of Mass Effect 3:
I was literally shaking with anger during that conference. Tears formed in my eyes and my fists were clenched. ‘Announce something,’ I shrieked at my computer. I’m 31 years old and this was, without a doubt, the worst conference I’ve ever seen in my life. It’s clear that Nintendo is not just done with the Wii U but done with the company. There is no recovering from a conference that bad. I loved this company and put my heart and soul into dedicating my gaming life to them. But now, I have nothing. I’m an empty shell.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So? Finlay was setting up their matches before. Do you think Finlay doesn't know how to book a match?

I reckon Fit Finlay wasn't listening to women, and instead telling them how to do their matches. Typical male perspective.

Wasn't that the point of his role, though? That he was old, so he was the worst?

Not in the movie no. Did you see it? I watched it :( and didn't pick up on that at all. He was Tarzan, dammit! The wild one!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I reckon Fit Finlay wasn't listening to women, and instead telling them how to do their matches. Typical male perspective.

Fucking totally dude
tumblr_m4sj6fLejy1qzgltno1_500.jpg

Sephzilla

Still, that post sure is something else. It's fucking video games.

Games is in the fucking name. Have fun dammit!

yeah that post is fucking ridiculous.

even with the FF7 troll from PSX I never got even remotely that angry/upset. (In hindsight the FF7 troll is hilarious since Squeenix was already making the remake then)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All I know about Cryme Tyme is that Punk didn't want to give JTG any offense in their match. Think he mumbled something about calling him 'sub-human' or something

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea if the Nintendo fan is a work or not, but between that and GG, I don't know who in their right mind would call themselves a gamer.

It's weird, in the early 2000's you got a sense that gaming was becoming more socially acceptable, it seemed like everyone had a PS2. Gaming, as represented in the media today, seems to be entirely the purvey of entitled man children.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's weird, in the early 2000's you got a sense that gaming was becoming more socially acceptable, it seemed like everyone had a PS2. Gaming, as represented in the media today, seems to be entirely the purvey of entitled man children.

That's what happens when everyone gets the internet. Even 'normal dudes' I'm friends with on facebook are now posting console warrior-y shit because their nerdy friend rubbed off on them enough times.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's what happens when everyone gets the internet. Even 'normal dudes' I'm friends with on facebook are now posting console warrior-y shit because their nerdy friend rubbed off on them enough times.
Maybe so, but even then it doesn't feel so... Pathetic like it does now.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I have no idea if the Nintendo fan is a work or not, but between that and GG, I don't know who in their right mind would call themselves a gamer.

I'm reading through the reaction to the reaction thread; and I feel sort of vindicated that many of the posters who I think are insane and/or dumb from OT are those losing their minds over the Nintendo direct thing. I always feel bad about blocking people because I don't want to put myself in a very easy to create internet echo chamber - but some of these people are just...ugh (I'm a classical liberal in terms of politics, so NeoGAF political threads are not a place I find much in the way of what I would call reason).

I still call myself a gamer - but honestly, the term is going to be moot because damn well near everyone is. Between the entry of MS and Sony into the gaming market (giant, giant companies), and the proliferation of mobile (mobile gamers are still gamers); pretty much everyone now a days would qualify as a "gamer" from the late 90s definition.

I don't know about the sub-human part, but directly from JTG himself:
When the bell rang, we pretty much had a shitty match. The lack of communication that it takes to have a good match was very noticeable to the trained eye. Both of us did a great job not selling each others punches and kicks. He didn't care to do good business, and so I didn't care to make him look good. When I took his finish, I didn't sell it like I would have sold it. I just kinda reacted to it.
I guess he didn't like that. So, out of nowhere, and with no warning, he puts on his second finisher, a submission move.
I think to myself, Woooooord! This mothafucka tryin' to play me, huh? Okay, let’s play. In order for him to win I had to tap out. Guess what I did? I stayed in that submission hold nice and long, until it was really uncomfortable and awkward. He literally yelled at me out loud twice to tap out. It was so awkward WWE had to edit it and switch the camera shots around to shave of a few seconds.

NoRéN

well, Cybit, now you can be a "gamer" or a "serious gamer".

The term will stick around now that there is a higher level to be a part of.

To piggback on data's post. Stipulations and gimmick matches also,mean Jack shit in WWE.They have a real satuation and booking problem.

Easy thing would,be to get rid of gimmick ppv.

Why Lucha Underground is refreshing. A death match ended in literal death

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I look forward the most to
A) Neogaf turning on Platinum during the development of Nier 2 because 'it doesn't look like Nier 1'
and
B) Neogaf turning on Shenmue because it doesn't look like a AAA game

It was kind of funny reading those overwritten speeches on gaming side about how sad they were that a company that they loved since birth was on the wrong path and doomed to collapse.

It was a bad e3 conference but jeezus

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Being a "gamer" now means "so you don't do ANYTHING else?" That's what it is now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nintendo's conference was pretty dull, but at least they were showing off shit that will be out before next year's E3. Like Mario Maker is still one of the most fun looking things shown at the event. Xenoblade is coming out at a specific date at the end of the year. It's great to get all hyped about Shenmue and FF7 and KH3 and all that shit, but who the fuck cares when most of those are WAY off? Like no way will we see Kingdom Hearts 3. With Square being Square, I wonder if FFXV will even see a US release date by next year. I hope so, but it's Square. And now you've got Nomura on two projects. The guy you had to take off XV because it was taking too long. You just put him in charge of two new projects.

Hype's fun and all, but the only stuff at E3 now that really does something for me is stuff that gets announced for this year or that they're so far along that it's a specific date in February or something. All that other shit you saw, like Horizon, could be COMPLETELY different by the time it's out. IF it comes out.

tm24

I agree with Data. Sure, the conference was dull, but at least there's game i can play soon. LIke FF7:R doesnt even have a date. Be excited for shit with dates, like Mario Maker, FO4 and JC3

jmdajr

I found out that I pretty much don't give a fuck about creating anything in a videogame. It just feels like work and I play games not to work. I don't think I even made one level in Little Big Planet.

But that's just me. Folks love to fuck around with stuff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I found out that I pretty much don't give a fuck about creating anything in a videogame. It just feels like work and I play games not to work. I don't think I even made one level in Little Big Planet.

That's why I'm a millennial and just download other peoples works and play them. That's all I ever did in Starcraft

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Creation studios are how you either parent children, or help people realize there's benefits to their personality "quirks"

jmdajr

599 U.S. Dollars were hard times for Sony. But first party got strong, PS Plus was a great idea, and HD DVD got fucked hard.

Xbox One is now trying to do the same and get some good feels back. Is taking time but they will.

As for Nintendo I think it's been fucked since the N64. Just one idiotic fucking thing after another success of the Wii be damned.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It is really fun to see old E3 conferences. Like 90s ones. They're really entertaining, especially in hindsight.

Sephzilla

The Wii was a fluke and the Wii-U picking up the declining sales pace right were the GameCube left off is pretty strong evidence of that. Nintendo has so much money in the bank that they're not in any kind of danger right now, but honestly their next system needs to be a major case of catch-up with the PS4 and XB1

Kaladin

I still remember when companies like Nintendo were like "Who wants to see our press conferences? They're just for press." while sites like Gamestop and such were getting millions of hits off their E3 coverage of them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Wii was a fluke and the Wii-U picking up the declining sales pace right were the GameCube left off is pretty strong evidence of that. Nintendo has so much money in the bank that they're not in any kind of danger right now, but honestly their next system needs to be a major case of catch-up with the PS4 and XB1
They need to not make a new console, I don't think. Everyone's' next platform is pretty much their last as we know it, if not already.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
That doesn't sound right, GAF never turns on Sony.

Lol, its an amazing thread, people super pissed at Sony for basically using KS as free money / pre-ordering, but that means they'd have to hate on both Sony and Shenmue...and the cognitive dissonance is reaaaaaaaaaaal.

GameFAQs helped me discover how bad gamers were early on. Bring back the 90s when you just played shit and talked to your friends without trying to be the big man on the internet.

Even kids the age I was in the 90s are on the youtubes acting all Mr. Big Attitude. Also, why does everything have to be terrible? It's like nobody can enjoy anything. ANYTHING.

Top Bottom