• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

jmdajr

Oh lord, more of this "consoles are dead" nonsense?

They won't die. Like why the fuck do people still buy shit like Roku's and Chrome sticks? Why not just hook up your computer? Your laptop?

Sure new consoles will probbaly have more PC guts than ever before. But people still want dedicated boxes without the extra layer of bullshit.

I hope part of Xavier Woods' new "gamer" character is that he starts shouting at Renee Young and telling her to leave his culture alone any time she tries to interview him.

Aiii

So not worth it
They won't die. Like why the fuck do people still buy shit like Roku's and Chrome sticks? Why not just hook up your computer? Your laptop?

Sure new consoles will probbaly have more PC guts than ever before. But people still want dedicated boxes without the extra layer of bullshit.

Hooking up your laptop, using a wireless mouse and shoot when I can just pick up my tablet and stream to my Chromecast with the press of a button? That shit even turns on my TV for me. Convenience is bliss.

Streaming yay.

Cagey

Banned
I hope part of Xavier Woods' new "gamer" character is that he starts shouting at Renee Young and telling her to leave his culture alone any time she tries to interview him.

NzVfG8P.gif

Kaladin

Hooking up your laptop, using a wireless mouse and shoot when I can just pick up my tablet and stream to my Chromecast with the press of a button? That shit even turns on my TV for me. Convenience is bliss.

Streaming yay.

You're doing it wrong.

I've got my desktop set up next to my TV, in a dual screen set-up all the time for streaming off a web browser whenever.

I've also got Chrome set up for Remote Desktop and my cell phone is my wireless mouse and keyboard combined.

BOOM.

Without a doubt. Friends, get yourself to a local indie show, and have a blast. Just let it go - cheer the faces, and boo the heels. Embrace the pantomime and have a good time. I've found it so damn refreshing.

Sorry I took so long, brother.

I only got back on the going to shows boat a year or two ago. Never too late.

Aiii

So not worth it
You're doing it wrong.

I've got my desktop set up next to my TV, in a dual screen set-up all the time for streaming off a web browser whenever.

I've also got Chrome set up for Remote Desktop and my cell phone is my wireless mouse and keyboard combined.

BOOM.

I have all my apps on my tablet and a 30 dollar usb-powered device with passive cooling that does all that without sucking 300kwh out of my wall socket while making the sound of a jet plane.

I'd say I'm doing it right.

Kaladin

I have all my apps on my tablet and a 30 dollar usb-powered device with passive cooling that does all that without sucking 300kwh out of my wall socket while making the sound of a jet plane.

I'd say I'm doing it right.

I'd rather get anything I want straight out of a web browser than have to rely on whether Chromecast supports it or not.

I also get amazing sound out of my PC hooked into my audio system.

I only got back on the going to shows boat a year or two ago. Never too late.

Phew.

I have Tidal Championship Wrestling (Lazarus v Rampage for the title 28th June), Main Event Wrestling (10th Anniversary in October) in my area. I'll also be traveling up to Scotland for ICW shows, and maybe do 1 show a year down south. My interest has totally spiked right now after meeting a friend I went to my first ever live show with 10 years ago. He runs Callingspots Fanzine, and we had a blast at the last TCW show.

For those wondering what Nikki has done, it's mostly gym and a somewhat bigger moveset. She's gotten pretty strong. Yeah, she and Brie are still dull on the mic, but she looks the part. I still would rather that Alicia Fox be champ, but Paige and Naomi are about even with Nikki, I'd say, so there's no good reason not named Alicia Fox to be shuffling the title around.

I think the main reason Nikki seems out of place as champ is NXT, frankly. She hasn't gone down there and shown that she can hang in an NXT throwdown, she doesn't have credibility. I wonder if she even could.

Kaladin

Phew.

I have Tidal Championship Wrestling (Lazarus v Rampage for the title 28th June), Main Event Wrestling (10th Anniversary in October) in my area. I'll also be traveling up to Scotland for ICW shows, and maybe do 1 show a year down south. My interest has totally spiked right now after meeting a friend I went to my first ever live show with 10 years ago. He runs Callingspots Fanzine, and we had a blast at the last TCW show.

I envy you having local indies nearby. I have to travel 2 - 3 miles to get to anything. I used to be able to go to Full Impact Pro on a regular basis, but now all of their shows are based in Ybor City, FL which is too far for me.

Closest thing I have to a local indie is when NXT brings their house shows to Jacksonville, FL.

Now that I think about it, NXT house shows are run just like small local indies. They're running the same buildings too.

Why would she need to go down to NXT? She's the WWE Diva's Champion, a 'house hold name' and main stay on the roster. I don't really see it in her character as someone who'd feel the need to drop down to prove her worth to try outs, youngsters and wannabes. You know, from a purely 'I watch this as a character driven TV show' perspective.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why would she need to go down to NXT? She's the WWE Diva's Champion, a 'house hold name' and main stay on the roster. I don't really see it in her character as someone who'd feel the need to drop down to prove her worth to try outs, youngsters and wannabes. You know, from a purely 'I watch this as a character driven TV show' perspective.

I don't know, people on here get mad when developmental guys get jobbed out by former multi time world champions in the WWE

I don't know, people on here get mad when developmental guys get jobbed out by former multi time world champions in the WWE

It's odd, it's like when people argue over Marvel Power Grid ratings and stuff. None of that makes sense to me, it's not what I'm interested in. I just want to read the storylines and see how the characters develop. However, if that's what interests others - go for it!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For those wondering what Nikki has done, it's mostly gym and a somewhat bigger moveset. She's gotten pretty strong. Yeah, she and Brie are still dull on the mic, but she looks the part. I still would rather that Alicia Fox be champ, but Paige and Naomi are about even with Nikki, I'd say, so there's no good reason not named Alicia Fox to be shuffling the title around.

I think the main reason Nikki seems out of place as champ is NXT, frankly. She hasn't gone down there and shown that she can hang in an NXT throwdown, she doesn't have credibility. I wonder if she even could.
I also think her character has evolved, despite being really poorly written for some time. She has managed to individualize herself as opposed to say, 2010 where she was another face in the crowd, and the only thing were twins. I give her a lot of credit for that.

Well, because despite being developmental, their women's wrestling is far and away better, that's why. If she could show that she could work that kind of a match, it would help get her over.

Well, because despite being developmental, their women's wrestling is far and away better, that's why. If she could show that she could work that kind of a match, it would help get her over.

But over with who? She beats some NXT people. Who notices that?
I think we're looking at two different things, you're thinking about internet cred (maybe?), while I'm just looking at it from a character point. I don't think there's any need for her character to drop down to developmental to wrestle people. If people stepped up and challenged her, then that'd be an interesting storyline and make sense. She could do the whole dismissive thing forcing the NXT Diva to prove THEIR worth to HER before getting a shot.

I just think 'wrestling ability' isn't very high on the list of WWE's reasons for people to care. You look good, you sound good, you act good. I have no problems with this, I've come to terms with it. If there's a good match somewhere in there too, that's a bonus.

But over with who? She beats some NXT people. Who notices that?
I think we're looking at two different things, you're thinking about internet cred (maybe?), while I'm just looking at it from a character point. I don't think there's any need for her character to drop down to developmental to wrestle people. If people stepped up and challenged her, then that'd be an interesting storyline and make sense. She could do the whole dismissive thing forcing the NXT Diva to prove THEIR worth to HER before getting a shot.

Good story but a standard 3 minute diva roll up spectacular

Besides the dumb finish that Paige/Nikki fight from Sunday would have been right at home on an NXT Event. It just needed a crowd of creep neck beards trying to get their chants noticed

I'm still aiming to get a Tidal show in during a trip home. I'm also trying to keep up at least 1 show a month this year, so far I've managed:

Jan 4th - PROGRESS ENDVR 8
Jan 25th - PROGRESS Ch 17
Feb 22nd - Rev Pro Cockpit
Mar 1st - PROGRESS ENDVR 9
Mar 22nd - PROGRESS Ch 18
Apr 6th - CHIKARA
Apr 19th - PROGRESS ENDVR 10
Apr 19th - ICW Alex Kidd
May 3rd - Rev Pro Cockpit
May 25th - PROGRESS Ch 19

Planned I've got:
Jun 21st - PROGRESS ENDVR 11
Jul 26th - PROGRESS Ch 20
Oct 3rd - Rev Pro/NJPW Uprising
and whatever else PROGRESS are up to! London is dope these days.

I may be up in Edinburgh during the Fringe too, so might try to grab one of the ICW shows if that's the case.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, it's really nice to be back. I miss "contributing" if you can call it that.

Good story but a standard 3 minute diva roll up spectacular

haha ouch

I'm still aiming to get a Tidal show in during a trip home. I'm also trying to keep up at least 1 show a month this year, so far I've managed:

Jan 4th - PROGRESS ENDVR 8
Jan 25th - PROGRESS Ch 17
Feb 22nd - Rev Pro Cockpit
Mar 1st - PROGRESS ENDVR 9
Mar 22nd - PROGRESS Ch 18
Apr 6th - CHIKARA
Apr 19th - PROGRESS ENDVR 10
Apr 19th - ICW Alex Kidd
May 3rd - Rev Pro Cockpit
May 25th - PROGRESS Ch 19

Planned I've got:
Jun 21st - PROGRESS ENDVR 11
Jul 26th - PROGRESS Ch 20
Oct 3rd - Rev Pro/NJPW Uprising
and whatever else PROGRESS are up to! London is dope these days.

I may be up in Edinburgh during the Fringe too, so might try to grab one of the ICW shows if that's the case.

Fringe is a good shout, I'll have to have a look at that one and give you a call if I'm going (if only to please Vince McMahon). That's a great list of events you've attended though!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As a 31 year old Nintendo fan they had pretty much all of the games I intend to play in 2015 on there, so...yeah, that guy is a weirdo.

We have so,e ringside members

ROH hasn't edited their website to reflect this yet, but the terms of the Destination America deal have made it so that they can no longer provide earlier streaming access to their TV show to fans who paid for a Ringside Membership. While there are other benefits like classic ROH video content and discounts on merchandise, one of the primary incentives was that you got a streaming version of the TV show on Mondays (none-paying members get in Thursdays). Now, they get it on Thursdays with the non-paying members, so the only legal ways to see it earlier is via a Sinclair station, one of the handful of syndicated outlets like NESN, or Destination America on Wednesday night

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It is good that you're back, just don't post anymore obscured nude men while my employer is expecting me to only be looking at mostly nude men.
Consider it done! What happened to Sandmeng anyway?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sandmang got a gimmick change brother. Something from a slightly more obscure fantasy series, brother. Think of him as Willow.

Top Bottom