• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Marty Scurll, Will Ospreay, Timothy Thatcher. I'm guessing BOLA 2015 is going to have either 16 or 24 participants. Who do you want to participate this year? ROH is running a show in Atlanta that weekend, so guys contracted with ROH will probably be out.

4. Ricochet
5. Roderick Strong
6. Tommy End
7. Akira Tozawa
8. EITA
9. Masato Tanaka
10. Biff Busick
11. Trevor Lee
12. Drew Gulak
13. Shane Strickland
14. Johnny Gargano
15. Ethan Page
16. Tommaso Ciampa
17. Chris Hero
18. Axle Dieter, Jr.
19. Dave Mastiff
20. JT Dunn
21. Ray Rowe
22. Willie Mack
23. Rey Horus
24. Zack Sabre, Jr.

Big Daddy Yum Yum would be an acceptable replacement for any of these men.

I want some Rowe vs. Mastiff hoss action, Tanaka stiffing the shit out of the likes of Busick and Ciampa, Thatcher stretching everybody in sight, and End kicking Hero in the belly to restart that feud.

Cagey

Banned
That allows them to pay the leagues higher broadcast rates and then the teams get a piece of that.
Which is far more lucrative than the rights to plaster a logo on a jersey in an affront to decency.

The NFL takes in 1.9 billion in television broadcasting rights annually from ESPN and they only have the right to air 17 games a year.

Fox318

That Balor special last night was neat. I was kind of shook when they straight up opened it up with "who is Fergal Devitt?"

Its refreshing in an age where everyone can find out everything that they recognize that these people existed before the WWE™.

WWE should recognize that some of the most over wrestlers in the company (John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Steve Austin, Dave Batista, Randy Orton) have their real name and others (Daniel Bryan, Bray Wyatt) have names that sound like something a human being would be called instead of something stupid.

Jeff's a cool dude.

Is that vid on Youtube, they all look genuinely shocked a black guy is throwing Alex around before Jeff realises who it is.

They look like the very Man-Children some of us were scorning the other day. However, I've never understood the attraction to Giantbomb, despite several attempts to listen to their podcasts.

RP912

Banned
Giantbomb was amazing during the early years. I remember seeing Jeff on HipHopGamer Show promoting the podcast and during that time the podcast felt natural. Dudes shooting the shit and talking about video games. Nowadays it's not fun no more because it's obvious the passion is gone and it's just a job nowadays. It got to the point I listen to the podcast for the scoop on wrestling and food products, because hearing about video games from those dudes is like a teacher explaining cliff notes for a Emily Dickerson poem.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ultrviolent june was a failure...no one even did a review of TOD...

Lame...

Wrong, friend. Nocturnowl, myself, and some others have. And I legitimately loved it.

frnXxyMh.jpg

Can your wizards do a Kamehameha? I didn't think so.

Uh, is that Steve Ballmer? And why is that idiot out in the rain in a suit? What a dumbshit.

Oh, you traitorous swine!

What was it that drew you most to American football? Fatties masquerading as athletes? Severe head trauma? Stopping every minute for MORE ADVERTS!!

I think my favourite thing about American sports is how everything's sponsored by something. "Well, Chet, let's take a look at the Play of the Week, sponsored by [insert sponsor here]", "that replay was brought to you by [insert sponsor here]", "bring up the [insert sponsor here] action cam!".

Also, stats! Can't be a real sport without endless statistics!

American football's biggest appeal is that it is a game of chess, every play. The slightest mistake will blow the entire thing out of the water. It's a finely tuned machine, and requires intelligence to play, unlike soccer where it's just "kick a ball" - I mean seriously.

The ads though? Hoh hoh hoh, no way is American football worse with ours considering I see teams named Qatar Airways. Soccer is poison.

Marty Scurll, Will Ospreay, Timothy Thatcher. I'm guessing BOLA 2015 is going to have either 16 or 24 participants. Who do you want to participate this year? ROH is running a show in Atlanta that weekend, so guys contracted with ROH will probably be out.

4. Ricochet
5. Roderick Strong
6. Tommy End
7. Akira Tozawa
8. EITA
9. Masato Tanaka
10. Biff Busick
11. Trevor Lee
12. Drew Gulak
13. Shane Strickland
14. Johnny Gargano
15. Ethan Page
16. Tommaso Ciampa
17. Chris Hero
18. Axle Dieter, Jr.
19. Dave Mastiff
20. JT Dunn
21. Ray Rowe
22. Willie Mack
23. Rey Horus
24. Zack Sabre, Jr.

Big Daddy Yum Yum would be an acceptable replacement for any of these men.

I want some Rowe vs. Mastiff hoss action, Tanaka stiffing the shit out of the likes of Busick and Ciampa, Thatcher stretching everybody in sight, and End kicking Hero in the belly to restart that feud.

Sabre, Mastiff and End are the only other ones I'm really hoping for, whatever other mash of guys get in will I'm sure be awesome.

Sabre, Mastiff and End are the only other ones I'm really hoping for, whatever other mash of guys get in will I'm sure be awesome.

Sabre and End are supposedly doing a US tour this summer, so they'll conveniently be in the country in August.

I want a full European invasion, with Scurll, Ospreay, Thatcher, Sabre, End, Mastiff, and Dieter.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Perhaps American football could take less commercial breaks if they got country-sized bribes, Boots
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

darkbanjo

That Balor special last night was neat. I was kind of shook when they straight up opened it up with "who is Fergal Devitt?"

I enjoyed it, but I'm really hoping part 2 taps into the supernatural aspect of his character a bit more. Presenting him as a guy from Ireland as opposed to 'the Demon' is just not as compelling to me.

RP912

Banned
I seen a few matches from PWG and got the impression that it's like a live fighting game with powerups. It looks fun and unrealistic as hell.

Fox318

Perhaps American football could take less commercial breaks if they got country-sized bribes, Boots
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I've yet to hear any reports of American football stadiums built by slaves in the desert for a game nobody wants to play there.

American football's biggest appeal is that it is a game of chess, every play. The slightest mistake will blow the entire thing out of the water. It's a finely tuned machine, and requires intelligence to play, unlike soccer where it's just "kick a ball" - I mean seriously.

Mate, you seriously think it takes no intelligence to play football? All 22 players on the field have to think on their feet, decide their own course of action in a moment's notice, apply their strategy to try and break the opponent's strategy, all while striving to work as a unit as the game carries on around them regardless. They can't pause for instruction, they have to think, react and execute in a split second.

The ads though? Hoh hoh hoh, no way is American football worse with ours considering I see teams named Qatar Airways. Soccer is poison.

They aren't named Qatar Airways, they're sponsored by them. And I would gladly take sponsor logos on shirts and advertising boards surrounding the pitch if it means I can watch a full half of uninterrupted action without the commentators ever once shilling some product.

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

FIFA ≠ football

Sephzilla

I enjoyed it, but I'm really hoping part 2 taps into the supernatural aspect of his character a bit more. Presenting him as a guy from Ireland as opposed to 'the Demon' is just not as compelling to me.

I think it would be cool if they establish that New Japan is where he gets his crazy demon shit

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mate, you seriously think it takes no intelligence to play football? All 22 players on the field have to think on their feet, decide their own course of action in a moment's notice, apply their strategy to try and break the opponent's strategy, all while striving to work as a unit as the game carries on around them regardless. They can't pause for instruction, they have to think, react and execute in a split second.

They aren't named Qatar Airways, they're sponsored by them. And I would gladly take sponsor logos on shirts and advertising boards surrounding the pitch if it means I can watch a full half of uninterrupted action without the commentators ever once shilling some product.

FIFA ≠ football

That'd be news to me. That's just disgusting to have sponsors SO front and center on a team, it's terrible. And yes, I don't think it takes much brains to play soccer. The fact that they can't pause for instruction, and it's all reflex makes it something I'm not so interested in - not unlike turn-based strategy vs real-time. Not a fan of that, just not my thing. I prefer taking the time to plan out a masterstroke to finish off the opposing team. It's just what I prefer.

What indie soccer "clubs" do you enjoy more than Fifer? I don't make any distinction - it's all crap to me, but what's the real differences? Besides dead slaves.

Lupercal

Banned

I think American Football fumbles and errors are more critical than a defender passing the ball out of play or a bad tackle within decent fk range.

That'd be news to me. That's just disgusting to have sponsors SO front and center on a team, it's terrible. And yes, I don't think it takes much brains to play soccer. The fact that they can't pause for instruction, and it's all reflex makes it something I'm not so interested in - not unlike turn-based strategy vs real-time. Not a fan of that, just not my thing. I prefer taking the time to plan out a masterstroke to finish off the opposing team. It's just what I prefer.

What indie soccer "clubs" do you enjoy more than Fifer? I don't make any distinction - it's all crap to me, but what's the real differences? Besides dead slaves.

You're very opinionated about a subject you know so little about.

I think American Football fumbles and errors are more critical than a defender passing the ball out of play or a bad tackle within decent fk range.

Steve Gerrard loses his footing, slips, the ball rolls to Demba Ba and Liverpool hand the title Man City in a blink of a moment.

RP912

Banned
I always wanted to get deep into Soccer (Football), but I seriously don't know which team to root for besides Philadelphia Union because it's my hometown. World teams I have no clue and I don't want to be a bandwagon jumper and pick the most overrated team because that's what the majority likes....

RP912

Banned
One thing I can say about Soccer (Football), is the fact that they have the biggest smarks in the history of a professional sport. Dudes go all out during those games and even have hit songs for chants. It's glorious.

You don't have that type of excitement in a American Football game.

RP912

Banned
Soccer/World Futbol fans can get fucking insane and I hope American sports fans never reach that level of ridiculousness.

Some already have....

Especially Philadelphia fans. We booed Destiny's Child out of the building because they wore a Lakers jersey. Hell we even booed Will Smith.

Some sports crowds can be absolutely vicious.

Sephzilla

Some already have....

Especially Philadelphia fans. We booed Destiny's Child out of the building because they wore a Lakers jersey. Hell we even booed Will Smith.

Some sports crowds can be absolutely vicious.

Have Philadelphia sports events been played in empty stadiums because fans were doing crazy shit that put the players/refs lives in danger?

Fox318

One thing I can say about Soccer (Football), is the fact that they have the biggest smarks in the history of a professional sport. Dudes go all out during those games and even have hit songs for chants. It's glorious.

You don't have that type of excitement in a American Football game.

Depends on the crowds. Like with wrestling the younger the crowds the quieter games tend to be.

FIFA are the governing body of world football - they run the world tournaments and each member state gets a cut of the profits. Each nation has a football association who represent that nation's footballing interests internationally and lay down the rules of the game. Within a nation's FA there can be many leagues, in England for instance we have four major leagues, each with 20+ teams competing in each. The top teams in each league earn promotion to the league above them, while the bottom teams are relegated to the league below. At the top of the English league system is the Premier League, or EPL. My team, West Ham United, compete in this league and, frankly, I don't give much of a damn about football outside of supporting my own club.

Good. I'd rather not see racist NFL fans throwing bananas in the field.

You're talking about a game that's played the world over in countries rich and poor with billions of supporters from all walks of life. Of course there's going to be some horrible people, but try not to tar all football fans with the same brush.

Hah, we have that in our wrestling as well;

https://twitter.com/AnsoniiSan/status/610809879213776896/video/1

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My Pentagon shirt shipped. Now to never wear it in public.

actually Luchadore shirts are pretty a 'hip' thing for clothing brands to rip off

Fox318

The whole city shuts down for a team winning a national championship?

Holy shit, that's ridiculous.

Sometimes the whole state, I'm sure if the US wins the World Cup or something else happens that merits a ticker tape parade down the canyon of heroes then you will probably see many cites pack stadiums to watch the parade on TV's and such.

After that we have a giant meal to which we clap the entire time food is being brought out and we swear our allegiance to corn and the hamburger.

cdViking

Don't any of these people have to work?

Why isn't this in the weekend, wouldn't that make more sense?

When the Seahawks won the Super Bowl, the parade passed directly through the commercial core of Seattle and went by my office building; my bosses practically made the office go see it, and everyone who didn't stayed home because it was such a mess getting into work.

RP912

Banned
Good. I'd rather not see racist NFL fans throwing bananas in the field.
Touche' :/ :/

Have Philadelphia sports events been played in empty stadiums because fans were doing crazy shit that put the players/refs lives in danger?

I don't think Philadelphia is that rowdy...it's all chants and smark shit, but nothing as hectic like riots and etc.

Depends on the crowds. Like with wrestling the younger the crowds the quieter games tend to be.

That's true. It seems like the demographic for some cities.

Booing =/= rioting at games.

Yeah...I forgot about those riots and insanity from some Football games.

FIFA are the governing body of world football - they run the world tournaments and each member state gets a cut of the profits. Each nation has a football association who represent that nation's footballing interests internationally and lay down the rules of the game. Within a nation's FA there can be many leagues, in England for instance we have four major leagues, each with 20+ teams competing in each. The top teams in each league earn promotion to the league above them, while the bottom teams are relegated to the league below. At the top of the English league system is the Premier League, or EPL. My team, West Ham United, compete in this league and, frankly, I don't give much of a damn about football outside of supporting my own club.

You're talking about a game that's played the world over in countries rich and poor with billions of supporters from all walks of life. Of course there's going to be some horrible people, but try not to tar all football fans with the same brush.

Hah, we have that in our wrestling as well;

https://twitter.com/AnsoniiSan/status/610809879213776896/video/1

Crowd carrying a tune like pure naturals.

Top Bottom