• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

RP912

Banned
I don't think you realise how very American this concept is.

Dude...think about this.

Your city team winning the big one. Of course the entire city wants to come together for this magical event. It's no different from when the Phillies won the world series and the city was celebration. Everybody hugged up and taking pictures, confetti, and the works. I rather have a city close down to support the efforts of a sports team, than people in the city not coming together at all.

Sure it's a weird "American" thing, but it's probably the one of the only American things I truly support beside the stereotypes :/.

Fox318

We won 14 World Bowls though, so suck it.

E0jephdl.jpg

Dude...think about this.

Your city team winning the big one. Of course the entire city wants to come together for this magical event. It's no different from when the Phillies won the world series and the city was celebration. Everybody hugged up and taking pictures, confetti, and the works. I rather have a city close down to support the efforts of a sports team, than people in the city not coming together at all.

Sure it's a weird "American" thing, but it's probably the one of the only American things I truly support beside the stereotypes :/.

Slash rioting

Ithil

Its refreshing in an age where everyone can find out everything that they recognize that these people existed before the WWE™.

WWE should recognize that some of the most over wrestlers in the company (John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Steve Austin, Dave Batista, Randy Orton) have their real name and others (Daniel Bryan, Bray Wyatt) have names that sound like something a human being would be called instead of something stupid.

Austin's real name is Steve Williams, mind.

BAAAARRRRRRRRRRRACK LLLLLESSSSSSNAR

no one will believe me but i've had 3 dates with a hot chick that's into wrestling, like LEGIT into wrestling. She goes to shows like CZW. She's like a female bootay.

she's really pretty, skinny and has big boobs. blonde hair with pink highlights

tonight we';re having another date (I hope). I'm trying my best not to F this up, not texting too much, not coming off clingy and so forth.

jmdajr

no one will believe me but i've had 3 dates with a hot chick that's into wrestling, like LEGIT into wrestling. She goes to shows like CZW. She's like a female bootay.

tonight we';re having another date (I hope). I'm trying my best not to F this up, not texting too much, not coming off clingy and so forth.

GOOD LUCK!

Sephzilla

Good luck, have fun!

Fox318

Austin's real name is Steve Williams, mind.

In his case maybe having ownership of name might be more apt.

I mean look at Barrett. He has 0 ownership of any of his gimmicks and its why nobody cares anymore despite him being a big tall strong dude who was stabbed and he can work and talk.

I mean if WWE was really about building the brand the shouldn't give a fuck if a guy takes a gimmick or a name elsewhere as long as WWE keeps rights to the merch that was popular.

Right now WWE is just a bunch of dudes that either have a body Vince jerks off too, family connections, or work their way up with promos/ring ability/charisma that WWE throws out the window and hands them a script.

Guzim

That's awesome Heavy!

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Don't let these fools rile you up boots, we all know football is the GOAT sport. Less than two months until the EPL starts! Our teams play each other on opening day!

Kornflayx

My dad, who thinks wrestling is lame, is officially a Brock Lesnar mark. He just watched the WM main event and was like "damn WTF?" after basically every Brock move.

He just instructed me to show him everything Lesnar related from here on out. Lesnar mainstream appeal confirmed

NoRéN

My dad, who thinks wrestling is lame, is officially a Brock Lesnar mark. He just watched the WM main event and was like "damn WTF?" after basically every Brock move.

He just instructed me to show him everything Lesnar related from here on out. Lesnar mainstream appeal confirmed

Lesnar has that wow-factor that appeals to anyone and everyone.

RP912

Banned

I'll check out some of his games.

The power of the God King. Brock is the biggest attraction next to "Batman the Ride".

Dragongate next IPPV sounds great

The next iPPV show on 7/3 at Korakuen Hall has Yamato & Doi & Yoshino vs. Cima and two mystery foreign wrestlers. I'm pretty sure they will be the returns of Matt Sydal and Ricochet, although Mike Sydal may also be coming in. It also has Hulk & Takagi & Tozawa vs. T-Hawk & Eita & Big R Shimizu.

Watching a bunch of Dusty matches and found this awesome one, pretty sure this has to be one of the most unbeatable trios ever;

BA1sFnn.jpg

Andre the high flyer;

3qZi7T7.gif

Also watched Dusty vs Ivan Koloff in the first ever casket match, loved the finish. Dusty gave him a big ol' clubberin;

iEU1FuJ.gif

Pavaloo

Jeff's a cool dude.

Is that vid on Youtube, they all look genuinely shocked a black guy is throwing Alex around before Jeff realises who it is.

Jeff is the coolest. Seriously. I don't agree with him all the time and that's fine because we seem to have a similar outlook on games.

While other outlets are standing our their chairs and squealing like children over kickstarter announcements, Jeff is asking Phil Spencer when games are going to not going to be released broken anymore. He's the dude that threw the internet in an uproar because he gave Twilight Princess 8.8! lmao

Fox318

Junkyard would be dope in NXT. The promos between Owens and JYD would be amazing.

LDTIGHr.jpg

Promo? Whats a promo? We have our entertainers read scripts written by rejected non-union writers of such hit shows like Mike and Molly, The Jerry Springer Show, and The PJs.

tm24

American Football is so goddamn boring

College Football is rad though

I worked 2 extra hours yesterday. Should i spend that money on the ROH iPPV?

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I actually meant Soccer lmaooo

but...I see Favre as Flair.

Now? In terms of a combo of attitude and skill, probably Ronaldo. In terms of being one of the greatest performers of all time, Messi.

In terms of someone who blew all their money and became a drunk, Kenny Sansom

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
American Football is so goddamn boring

College Football is rad though

I worked 2 extra hours yesterday. Should i spend that money on the ROH iPPV?
No. Get CZW Ultraviolent Network for 4 months

Offical Card for ROH

ay Briscoe (World) vs Jay Lethal (Television) Title vs. Title for the ROH World Championship and the ROH World Television Championship
2 Roderick Strong vs. Michael Elgin vs. Moose Three-way match for the #1 contendership to the ROH World Championship
3 The Kingdom (Adam Cole, Michael Bennett, and Matt Taven) (with Maria Kanellis) vs. Bullet Club (A.J. Styles, Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) Six-man tag team match
4 Matt Sydal and ACH vs. The Decade (B.J. Whitmer and Adam Page) Tag team match
5 Mark Briscoe (with ODB) vs. Donovan Dijak (with Truth Martini) Singles match
6 The Addiction (Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian) (c) vs. reDRagon (Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly) No Disqualification tag team match for the ROH World Tag Team Championship
7 Silas Young vs. Dalton Castle Singles match
8 C&C Wrestle Factory (Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander) vs War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe) Tag tea

Didn't realize bullet club dudes were in the card

Fox318

I really do wish he writes an autobiography or somebody close releases a real account of what is Vince.

I mean there is so much that you could go into that really hasn't been explored by somebody like him. His relationship with his father and his wanting to gain his approval, crush his business partners, and his desire to outdo everything his father did. The XFL, Restaurant, the failed movies, his wife's political campaigns, his standards and business decisions that often go in the way of what's smart and profitable.

Hell look at stuff like Dusty. Was it really worth it taking somebody who could have been a massive draw and make him wear a gimmick that's a rib?

For as much credit as Vince deserves for being a visionary when it comes to the television presentation of wrestling and its popularity national he probably is the one most to blame for its downfall in popularity.

Top Bottom