• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

NoRéN;168913323 said:
You play double dash?

I can't get past that start screen. That music is too good.

I managed to beat a world record holder in a few races a few years back. He gave me some tips afterwards (one of which is that Barrel Train is the best car in the game (which I already all but confirmed by that point)). Nice guy!

CHu_fUKWcAAxgyV.jpg

Anth0ny

So, I don't get why gaming side is so hyped for Horizon. Looks like any other "cool" 3rd person action game in a sci-fi setting.

It looks good. That's usually enough for neogaf. Watch Dogs got a similar response when it was first revealed.

I can't get hyped for a game by guerilla games.

Fox318

I can't imagine Punk gave them a belt.

Is there a story behind this? Did WWE pay them to have the belt? I understand the connection that some teams had with a belt (Seattle/SF Giants with the Bryan connection, Green Bay with Aaron Rodgers Belt celebration, or even Boston/LA with the Cena connection.

Zach

So, I don't get why gaming side is so hyped for Horizon. Looks like any other "cool" 3rd person action game in a sci-fi setting.

What other games have a similar setting? I'd like to play them. Especially if they include some fancy-pants mecha-dinos I can rock.

Really, the game that I think of is Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, which I loved mostly because of the setting and the characters. If it's like that, but with bow combat and the aforementioned mecha-dinos... whoa ho ho boy.

It looks good. That's usually enough for neogaf. Watch Dogs got a similar response when it was first revealed.

I can't get hyped for a game by guerilla games.

I understand that last bit. I've dabbled in the Killzone franchise (including beating the PS4 game) and it's pretty mediocre.

WWE sends out belts to every team who wins a Super bowl/ world series/ Stanley cup. They have been for years now after some team was using a big gold belt in a lot of their press appearances.

Fox318

Lots of guys will just straight up buy replicas.

Oh I get that for parades and gifts but for photoshoots?

pFXeGT2.jpg

0lgWElx.jpg

Everytime I see the network belt I'm reminded of how much fucking better older belts were and how shit the WWE Spinner belt is.

And this fucking abomination

ByFVaxM.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lol I watched the Last Guardian reveal, finally. Looks terrible. I hope yall love standing at the bottom of some stairs and using the call button repeatedly as that dumbass creature tries to figure out how to walk down stairs.

Fuckin stupid looking game

Zach

lol I watched the Last Guardian reveal, finally. Looks terrible. I hope yall love standing at the bottom of some stairs and using the call button repeatedly as that dumbass creature tries to figure out how to walk down stairs.

Did you like Ico or Shadow of the Colossus? SotC is one of my faves so I very much look forward to The Last Guardian.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did you like Ico or Shadow of the Colossus? SotC is one of my faves so I very much look forward to The Last Guardian.
I liked SotC and hated Ico. Looks terrible, mannnnn

Fox318

I wouldn't say stupid but its pretty pathetic that all they have to show for it is practically what they showed so many years ago.

They should have had playable demos and if they didn't it just goes to show why Ueda doesn't deserve a budget.

klonere

Banned
Lots of people are pretty irate that they haven't been told the exact mechanics of every single system in No Man's Sky.

I've even seen it referred to as a "walking simulator"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't say stupid but its pretty pathetic that all they have to show for it is practically what they showed so many years ago.

They should have had playable demos and if they didn't it just goes to show why Ueda doesn't deserve a budget.
I laughed at people applauding the creator. "Ya did great pal, you missed an entire console generation, good work"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lots of people are pretty irate that they haven't been told the exact mechanics of every single system in No Man's Sky.

I've even seen it referred to as a "walking simulator"
Man, this one is cringeworthy as well. People going "whoaaaaaa" when someone presents them with procedurally generated galaxies. Wow, show me more. Yuck. Really a bunch of nothing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, this one is cringeworthy as well. People going "whoaaaaaa" when someone presents them with procedurally generated galaxies. Wow, show me more. Yuck. Really a bunch of nothing.

Every time a millennial journalist says how amazing No Man's Sky is they never explain why it is. It's just that it is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Every time a millennial journalist says how amazing No Man's Sky is they never explain why it is. It's just that it is.
They shouldn't know. They haven't really experienced it. They can speak about that. Foolish.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hydlide is the most amazing genre defying experience because it has procedurally generated worlds. Because if there's one thing I love exploring in games, it's worlds generated by RNG. Fuck the human touch.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's not fair man. There's also a load of points of interest that pop up now and kids these days love that shit.
It's all procedural though, feels like there's no...importance to any of it. It's one thing like Spelunky to do it where gameplay is king, but for atmosphere and "experience"? I'm just not interested in that and feel it has no value.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
And Sunny told me on Twitter "No man, WrassleGAF isn't a negative community!".

Every fucking time I come in here someone's shitting on something super hard. I mean shit, when I come in here I want to read about drug-addicted carnies play-fighting for crowds of inbred hicks whose local sports team is the worst. Not about what things a bunch of GAF are excited for you think are totally shit.

It just brings me down, man. =/

Every fucking time I come in here someone's shitting on something super hard. I mean shit, when I come in here I want to read about drug-addicted carnies play-fighting for crowds of inbred hicks whose local sports team is the worst. Not about what things a bunch of GAF are excited for you think are totally shit.

Your first mistake was listening to Sunflower, a known carny and troll.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Hey, I never said that. If you're upset we go off topic then I guess I don't know what to say. FF7 was a shitty game from the ground up, so I hope it gets an entire rework from combat system to story, Last Guardian looks dumb as hell and that team has ALWAYS had huge problems with pathfinding in companion AI and it's tough to get past, and No Man's Sky is dumb in my eyes, and not what I want. Uncharted series has always been a load of ass and the new one looks to continue that.

If you wanna hear me lavish praise on Gears of War I can do that. Game of the show, baby! Horizon also looked neat, despite having a godawful name. I like robots.

EDIT: Would me criticizing Fat Boy Owens be considered "shitting on something super hard" and not in the umbrella of what you look for in a wrestling thread? Because, like Owens' waist size, I can go on for days.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gears of War This Time At Night Time was the worst looking thing at the show.

More creatively bankrupt than a 2006 indie worker using the lungblower at his finishing move. Nobody cares about your dumb meathead universe nor any of the cardboard cut-outs you call characters. Gears came out in 2006 and yet it somehow feels 20 years out of date.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gears of War This Time At Night Time was the worst looking thing at the show.

More creatively bankrupt than a 2006 indie worker using the lungblower at his finishing move.

Nah friend, my enthusiasm is mostly for the Remastered Gears 1. One of the best games of all time!

I was hugely disappointed with the Gears 4 main character reveal. I can't lie. Marcus is everything in that series. That said I enjoy the horror elements that were briefly touched on in Gears 1 and have been absent since. We'll see.

Top Bottom