• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Kaladin

Triple H can talk all he wants about training guys to work with bullet points and adapt to things on the fly, but all you have to do is look at Bray Wyatt and see how much being heavy scripted kills a character. He was great in NXT when he was allowed to run with it...but on the main roster he's become stale and kind of entered "feud of the month" mode.

Triple H can talk all he wants about training guys to work with bullet points and adapt to things on the fly, but all you have to do is look at Bray Wyatt and see how much being heavy scripted kills a character. He was great in NXT when he was allowed to run with it...but on the main roster he's become stale and kind of entered "feud of the month" mode.

its the lack of direction and the fact he cuts a promo on raw and smackdown. dude needs to cut one or two promos not 50 billion and cut the fat

klonere

Banned
its the lack of direction and the fact he cuts a promo on raw and smackdown. dude needs to cut one or two promos not 50 billion and cut the fat

his character right now is someone who can talk for 15minutes who isn't in the Authority so we can fill time on our 3 hour show

NoRéN

Bray should start coming out during Bo's promos and start verbally beating him down.

"No one likes you. No one Bo-lieves " etc

Finally, Bo cracks and joins the Wyatt family. They can both start beating people down and making them join the flock. No more long, boring promos for Bray, just coming out for beat downs.

Kaladin

...He actually started off pretty much already a monster. He owns the fuck out of Taker the second he comes in. Not unlike Cena and Owens actually, only he's deranged and the puppet of Goldust and then later Uncle Paul.

True. You have to give people a reason to care about a monster heel type character.

People like Bray Wyatt because he was different at first okay....that worked for a bit...but they never made Wyatt himself look like any kind of thread. He's just another mid-card jobber working a gimmick. Now, if he would have won the Cena feud, or beaten Undertaker for his streak....we might be going down a different path here.

Ithil

You can train with bullet points all you like, but once you hit RAW it's all scripted. The biggest problem is they only ever seem to write one promo for every character and just re-use it with slightly changed words.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bray did work at first, they just overplayed their hand and did the same shit over and over again.

He needs a dancing face turn. He can join the new day with Bo as their secondary tag team and try to take it over from the inside.

somedevil

Well at NXT they gave injury updates on Itami and Zayn:

Itami will be out for 3 to 4 more months

Zayn won't be back this year and both want to fight Owens.

Everybody is going after him. He has like 5 feuds going on right now.

gurudyne

I pin it all on lack of direction. Man's a good talker, I believe he could do two promos a week and keep it fresh if any of it meant anything or went anywhere. Doing the same two promos a week in service to a feud that no one can properly justify before, during or even after the fact is the problem. And doing that same thing for eighteen months in a row is asking the audience to change the channel.

Heel said:
A better entertainer probably would've been out of this rut a long time ago.

I don't follow. What do you mean here? That Bray would have worked himself into a different gimmick or that creative would have had something other than gaspy promos to latch onto and write around?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
How many times has Zayn been injured in NXT?!?

Also wasn't the first or second time it happened an injury angle when he wasn't injured? This is nuts.

Striker

if anything mankind started out a monster and then humanized himself

Look at this fucking promo

openly talks about being married and having children
Because Foley is an amazing promo. And Paul doesn't seemingly get enough credit as a manager, either. Master of his craft evolving into an evil manager.

Bray is a good promo, but you watch that Mankind promo and he hasn't come close to touching that emotion and drama he puts into it.

Heel

I don't follow. What do you mean here? That Bray would have worked himself into a different gimmick or that creative would have had something other than gaspy promos to latch onto and write around?

Again, who knows? I write that with the assumption that a wrestler could have a little pride in their craft and raise hell for a change, instead of riding their gimmick into obscurity. Is that a possibility, or are they afraid to rock the boat? This is an era where the fans can write their own narrative on why their favorite is flopping.

Carnby

Taka is coming, mother fuckers
tumblr_n5p80rGZPZ1r0qabqo1_540.jpg

Hostess bar

Heel Bryan was the best bryan guys. Better promos, better character, better look

Weak-link, something to prove, Bryan was best Bryan. Unfortunately that made him who he is today which is.....well dead. For the moment.

qiBkLiK.jpg

^ This was the best look for Bryan. Just enough hair, just enough beard that makes him look cooler than the what we have now.

The problem is that he just

6j5Iam5.jpg

couldn't

OoQs2Ou.jpg

stop

P3BLcV0.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Weak-link, something to prove, Bryan was best Bryan. Unfortunately that made him who he is today which is.....well dead. For the moment.

qiBkLiK.jpg

This was the best look for Bryan. Just enough hair, just enough beard that makes him look cooler than the what we have now.

Weak link Bryan? You mean current?

Alucard

Banned
I began replying to everyone in complete confidence, but I erased it, realizing I should just be more accepting of your differing opinions. The humbling truth? Even I once enjoyed Bray Wyatt. We all make mistakes.

Those were the times of our limitless youth, man. When we shone like the sun only to burn out in a blaze of glory. Yeah, I've seen light, man. I've seen its beauty and I...have seen its reckoning. For to live in the light is to be exposed. To be naked. And when the time comes, we all become like children, crying and embarrassed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kane and AJ deserve a lot more credit for getting little Danny Bryan over than they receive. Bryan's heel run was really wonderful and gave people easy ways to cheer for him when he flipped. It was great work.

NoRéN

can we talk about how good tanahashi looks

CHm9GlrVAAAXfzN.jpg
But, i can't stop looking at ibushi!

Seriously though, he looks good.
WWE should've signed Kota Ibushi not Kenta.
No because
Any Japanese wrestler will fit the mold for the gimmick they have in mind
Timothy Thatcher, Mike Bailey, Chris Hero and Biff Busick are the next entrants into BOLA
yeah, looks like I'm getting tickets for threemendous and BOLA.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ibushi, looks wise (not to mention his youth) definitely outweighs Tanahashi in marketability. He's fantastic looking.

Top Bottom