• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Browny

Banned

tbNpmq4.gif

somedevil

The Indie star that impressed at tryouts:

Indie star Drew Gulak was said to be the star of the recent WWE tryout camp at the WWE Performance Center. A source noted to The Wrestling Observer that Gulak was great in the ring and on promos.

Is he as good as the source says?

Fox318

Did they announce where the next Royal Rumble is?

After Pittsburgh and Philly I feel like they are gonna go to corpis Christi or someplace really really rural that can only hold 2,000

Sephzilla

Think about this.

John Cena main evented more PPVs than Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan combined.

combined.

Monthly PPVs weren't a thing for Hogan's career and for chunk of Austin's WWE run. Everything about Cena's career (# of world titles, main events) is massively inflated.

kiguel182

Think about this.

John Cena main evented more PPVs than Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan combined.

combined.

Cena has been a main eventer for longer than Austin.

Also, yeah no monthly PPVs is why Hogan's is so low. He would easily be on top.

Another fun fact: Bryan and Benoit have the same number of main-events.

(even if Bryan should've had more since his Punk feud never got to do it)

Striker

Monthly PPVs weren't a thing for Hogan's career and for chunk of Austin's WWE run. Everything about Cena's career (# of world titles, main events) is massively inflated.
They had IYH PPV's during Austin's run. Austin's number is lower because of his injuries.

Someone like Bret Hart's number is low, though, because they didn't do the monthly PPV's most of his run as the #1 guy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jeez, cab companies can beat Uber if they'd just try harder and adopt the practice of easy ride trackers through one app, and phone calls on approach. Of course they're all so fragmented... Maybe there's nothing they can do.

the main good thing about the suplex city line is it is something brock just came up with in the ring. in itself it isn't a great line exactly, it's okay, but it's the way he said it.

Brock Rules post #428

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
the main good thing about the suplex city line is it is something brock just came up with in the ring. in itself it isn't a great line exactly, it's okay, but it's the way he said it.

Brock Rules post #428
Even though I'll never buy something so corny, that line is wonderful for its marketability in different cities. It'd be a good move to make them custom with the name of the city they're doing a show in as like, falling off the road sign and being replaced with Suplex City.

Kaladin

Even though I'll never buy something so corny, that line is wonderful for its marketability in different cities. It'd be a good move to make them custom with the name of the city they're doing a show in as like, falling off the road sign and being replaced with Suplex City.

You mean like this:

sv9eHZZ.jpg

yeah, man brock made them 100 million bucks just off the cuff

brock is the fucking best

anyone who doesn't like brock is a dang chump in my book

i think it also rules how he only wrestles a couple of times a year. every single match feels huge. brock is the best character wrestling has had since stone cold.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, man brock made them 100 million bucks just off the cuff

brock is the fucking best

anyone who doesn't like brock is a dang chump in my book

i think it also rules how he only wrestles a couple of times a year. every single match feels huge. brock is the best character wrestling has had since stone cold.
Preserving his mystique is huge. Just requires restraint, thankfully Bork has fuck-you money and isn't dying for exposure. Or overexposure...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When Brock pinned Taker he basically stole Taker's ability to become an end-boss.
Had to happen though. You saw the gravity Taker brought to Mania last year. As good as he is, it was a shadow of his former self, unfortunately.

Sephzilla

Had to happen though. You saw the gravity Taker brought to Mania last year. As good as he is, it was a shadow of his former self, unfortunately.

It didn't help that both Bray and his entrances took place basically in daylight. Ruins the mystique.

Undertaker needs darkness to make his entrance more of a spectacle

giphy.gif

On that note, while i'm 95% certain Sting will be the guy who retires Undertaker next year. I'd be 100% okay with Balor being the one who does it.

klonere

Banned
Friend Heel your post in the style of SCSA's podcast delivery over at the Giant Bomb thread was some damn fine work. Swig a water for the typin man.

Boots, as Brit Wres oracle, any idea why Terry Frazier has disappeared from The Revolutionists/Rev Pro/Wrestling in general?

I was wondering that myself - hasn't been seen since last year's Uprising, but he wasn't very active in 2014 or 2013. I'm guessing he's injured or he's jacked it in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I also really enjoy Don West. He's the best man for that job, clearly. The best. I watched an hour of him talking about baseball cards last night and came away feeling pleasant.

It didn't help that both Bray and his entrances took place basically in daylight. Ruins the mystique.

Undertaker needs darkness to make his entrance more of a spectacle

giphy.gif

On that note, while i'm 95% certain Sting will be the guy who retires Undertaker next year. I'd be 100% okay with Balor being the one who does it.

Sting's legacy was destroyed in a matter of 4 months, and by one match. There is no reason for him to ever wrestle again.

RP912

Banned
I think Sting is pretty much through with the wrestling portion of his career. He was giving off "why" vibes throughout the time of his buildup with Trips to the bitter pill reaction he gave off during his promo after Raw.

Top Bottom