• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

klonere

Banned
I think Sting is pretty much through with the wrestling portion of his career. He was giving off "why" vibes throughout the time of his buildup with Trips to the bitter pill reaction he gave off during his promo after Raw.

Didn't Meltz, or even Sting himself say "that wasn't half bad, I can't believe I took so long to come over the E"

Sephzilla

The only problems I had with Sting's WWE run up to Mania were that they took way too long explaining what he was doing, and then having him lose to HHH. Well I'd also throw in the nWo helping Sting didn't make sense. It should have been the Four Horsemen

"My love for hockey supersedes anything else"

Punk on another anti hogan rant. Nothing shocking about his love of the whitest sport there is being that important. Scust

RP912

Banned
The only problems I had with Sting's WWE run up to Mania were that they took way too long explaining what he was doing, and then having him lose to HHH

The match was pretty much a way for Vince to get "revenge" for honor even though WCW died years ago, he bought it, and nobody gives a fuck about the "Monday Night Wars" anymore. The whole story leading to the match was garbage and a half.

¡HarlequinPanic!;169069093 said:
"My love for hockey supersedes anything else"

Punk on another anti hogan rant. Nothing shocking about his love of the whitest sport there is being that important. Scust

Smh shits disgusting. Dude is in UFC and still bitching about something. What a grumpy bastard...

Barrage

Sting's legacy was destroyed in a matter of 4 months, and by one match. There is no reason for him to ever wrestle again.

If Sting's legacy couldn't take one loss than his legacy is trash. Same with Taker if he's ruined after losing to Lesnar. Real legends can survive a loss.

Fox318

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/06/18/wwe-bret-hart-john-cena-brock-lesnar-daniel-bryan

Bret Speaks

“Daniel Bryan is finished,” said Hart. “He’ll never wrestle again. I don’t think he knows it yet. I feel terrible about Daniel Bryan. For all intents and purposes, he had the exact same thing happen to him that happened to me after Bill Goldberg kicked me in the head [ending Hart’s career].

“One day, you learn it’s over. Doctors tell you that you can’t wrestle and you’ll never wrestle again. I lost millions of dollars because of that. I pray that it’s not the same for Daniel Bryan.”

“But, in the creation of Roman Reigns, he seems to now be a lot like Triple H’s character. Long hair, indestructible, no facials, he’s always angry, and there’s no softness in his eyes, so it’s very hard to get sympathy. All of that was poorly thought out. There are ways to achieve all those things with dramatic logic in the match, but they missed a lot of that with him. The company said, ‘We’re going to get this guy so over that no one will be able to compare to him.’ In the end, no one liked him. They just need sometimes that there is a logic that goes to wrestling and people like to see.”

There's a ton more in the article.

Sephzilla

In my day, wrestling had to look pretty real. Cody Rhodes’ punches are right in there, his kicks are right in there, and you never see Cody Rhodes talking in the ring. You see a lot of wrestlers – who aren’t good professionals – talking and calling spots in the ring. They’re oblivious to the fact that all the fans can see them calling a high spot to the guy.

c49fhgW.gif

Fox318

Hart also provided some perspective as to why Sting lost in his WWE debut at WrestleMania.

“It was so obvious that Sting was going to win that too many people took it for granted,” he said. “So that was the swerve. Then Rock and Triple H planted a few seeds for WrestleMania 32 in that long promo in the ring, and that’s why Triple H needed to go over. Also, Sting isn’t done yet. I’ve heard he has a light contract of a few more pay per view dates.”
NBxNv.gif

Cody's average. That's just the way it is. Sorry. Technically sound doesn't cut it.

Way better than Daniel Bryan though. That guy is the shits. Can't even stay healthy for a few months.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cody is the definition of a solid midcarder.

Bret was too, to be fair, I'm still amazed he was at the top for so long.

RP912

Banned
Can somebody on Wrasslegaf tell me what happen with the Daniel Bryan love? We went from adoring him in 2014 to shitting on him like he's a fallout boy. I guess we bought into the hype and didn't listen to Hunter and Steph :(.

They truly know what's best for business...

Sephzilla

Can somebody on Wrasslegaf tell me what happen with the Daniel Bryan love? We went from adoring him in 2014 to shitting on him like he's a fallout boy. I guess we bought into the hype and didn't listen to Hunter and Steph :(.

They truly know what's best for business...

I still think Bryan's awesome. The problem was that his character became awful after WM30

klonere

Banned
Cody's average. That's just the way it is. Sorry. Technically sound doesn't cut it.

Way better than Daniel Bryan though. That guy is the shits. Can't even stay healthy for a few months.

Idk when you can just go and cut a promo like this, that is head and shoulders above the majority of the roster, in a company where his in ring is more than good enough for main event stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3T0YFtlW_U

yeah I'm saying put the belt on him but damn, do SOMETHING with the dude

Striker

Let's try this. From 1990 to 2015 WWF/E, what's a clear definition of a main eventer? If by your logic Bret isn't one, then there's only a very select few.

They may do something with Cody at a relevant level. But that is moreso to do with his dad's death than any care they have for him at a professional level. It screams Rey 2006 than anything else. Then the heel he's feuding with cuts a "Dusty's dead" cheap heat promo that kills the feud.

Ultratech

I think Cody could've been more (and still could be), but they've kinda screwed the pooch on that.

He's got pretty good range from his various gimmicks and stuff (Dr. Doom, Stardust, etc.), but they hardly put him in a worthwhile feud or make his current gimmick last long enough. (Or they go and change his gimmick again for reasons.)

Hell, they had a good one in the making with Goldust, but then they just had that one match before WM, then that was it. Nothing.
Same thing before that with the Authority storyline; him and Goldust were getting massive pops then...then they were dumped into doing something else.

Anyways, now he's stuck floundering in midcard hell yet again.

I'm not saying make him World Champ or anything, but do SOMETHING worthwhile with him.

Sorry I don't agree. There was more surrounding the last hold out, and to treat him the way they did at WM was pretty much telling me its a one off thing.

On a financial call Vince was quopted as saying "We plucked Sting from obscurity and made him relevant"

Stings wrestling career is over.

RP912

Banned
Honestly, I still like Bryne even though I rib about his fragile physical well being. It's truly a shame of what happened after WM 30 with him being Kane's footstool. Plus, the fact that some of the wrestlers were trying to legit injure him (Kane, Trips, Harper), adds on to the bullshit with that company and it's feelings towards what makes a wrestler in their eye.

Bryne is like the closest thing to Inoki....too bad the WWE don't want a wrestler, but a superstar.

Excuse the tired smarkness, but it's bullshit how the whole Bryne thing transpired.

Sephzilla

Tonight is the night, 9/8c on Spike. #BigFightFeel #Bronzer

CH47YBsXAAEEzPJ.jpg

Also in action, wrestling superstar Bobby Lashley.

Jesus Christ, Ken Shamrock is rocking Hogan-tier orange skin

Excuse the tired smarkness, but it's bullshit how the whole Bryne thing transpired.

He was the most over full-time guy on the roster by a wide margin for a few years and WWE never really capitalized on it. It absolutely was bullshit that they didn't jump on that bandwagon until it was too late.

RP912

Banned
Jesus Christ, Ken Shamrock is rocking Hogan-tier orange skin

He was the most over full-time guy on the roster by a wide margin for a few years and WWE never really capitalized on it. It absolutely was bullshit that they didn't jump on that bandwagon until it was too late.

Yea, it was bullshit. As you can see nowadays, the WWE is doing wonders with their current champion :/ :/.

Kaladin

It begins...

Australia PPV Channel Main Event announced the following on their Facebook Page:

"After a long and fruitful relationship, it is with regret that Main Event and TNA Wrestling are ending their relationship. The last episode of IMPACT WRESTLING on Main Event will air on Saturday June 27. The last Pay Per View broadcast will be Slammiversary 2015, which will replay up until Tuesday June 30. Australian wrestling fans can still follow what is happening in TNA via http://www.impactwrestling.com/ and http://www.youtube.com/user/TNAwrestling."

RP912

Banned
TNA....sighs...TNA.

They have a PPV coming up soon but not putting effort into promoting it. They are pretty much dry skin on Destination America while they are using ROH to coat the dryness. Just put a end to the company and send EC3 to ROH so he can become the champion we need goddammit.

Top Bottom