• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

It begins...

TNA....sighs...TNA.

They have a PPV coming up soon but not putting effort into promoting it. They are pretty much dry skin on Destination America while they are using ROH to coat the dryness. Just put a end to the company and send EC3 to ROH so he can become the champion we need goddammit.

I talked to a TNA wrestler recently and they mentioned that if TNA didn't get a new deal soon they were dead and he'd go work full time for a UK Promotion. I know that seems pretty 'you don't say...' but it was interesting hearing them talk about it so openly.

Kaladin

I talked to a TNA wrestler recently and they mentioned that if TNA didn't get a new deal soon they were dead and he'd go work full time for a UK Promotion. I know that seems pretty 'you don't say...' but it was interesting hearing them talk about it so openly.

Dave?

haha

I know, it was a pointless post to make, but hearing the way the guy was talking about TNA it came across that he thought TNA was done for. They also said they hated wrestling and loved wrestling, not sure if that was a byproduct of his time in TNA or not though.

Aiii

So not worth it
TNA was done the second ROH came to Destination America. Everyone beside TNAMecca knows it.

It seems TNA does too, if they're ending their international commitments.

It's amazing to me that TNA (13 years) has been around longer now than WCW was (12 years) and has done...nothing. With all the financial advantages they had, they've done...nothing.

One can only imagine what Paul Heyman could have done with TNA if that deal had gone down.

Or hell, what if Heyman had access to something like the bottomless Carter family bank account and TNN/Spike actually got behind ECW like they did for the WWF?

tumblr_nozo8qKS7R1s4slzko1_400.gif

https://twitter.com/steveaustinBSR/status/611888296139071488

Aiii

So not worth it
Stone Cold listening to Tupac is just wrong, he's not living the redneck gimmick anymore, friends. Kayfabe is dead. :(

Honestly, I still like Bryne even though I rib about his fragile physical well being. It's truly a shame of what happened after WM 30 with him being Kane's footstool. Plus, the fact that some of the wrestlers were trying to legit injure him (Kane, Trips, Harper), adds on to the bullshit with that company and it's feelings towards what makes a wrestler in their eye.

league+of+their+own.gif

Tell me that was a joke.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Tyler Breeze is good in the oh, this is basically heel Zoolander way.

Dashing Cody Rhodes though? AMAZING. Even more when he gets the Facial Appliance.

somedevil

Speaking of Meltzer here is star ratings for the Big 3 matches of Money in the Bank:

The Ladder match where Sheamus won: 3 and 1/2 Stars
Cena vs Owens 2: 4 and 1/2 Stars
Rollins vs Ambrose 4 stars

Plus here is a an article that tells the Story of TNA with 10 matches. I agree with all of it and it seems that real last chance TNA had of trying to turn it around was in 2012 when Aries won the title.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2015/06/19/a-history-of-tna-wrestling-in-ten-matches/

Then they blew it with Aces and Eights and Claire Lynch.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Look at it this way though, 1998 and 2000 had 31 full priced US ppvs.

Probably not quite as expensive as the year TNA ran weekly ppvs though!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He would have to bring back the streamers, the loud facepaint, and the blond surfer hair to make that miracle happen.

Pair him with Bayley and watch magic happen.

zVPLOLc.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright so, even though it's another sports entertainment fed, Kimbo vs Shamrock is tonight. Who ya got?

Top Bottom