• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Verendus

Banned
Observations from Las Vegas House Show:

Roman, Dean and Seth are over as fuck (With Seth getting tons of heel heat from da keedz)

Seth is sooooooooo smooth in the ring. He was on cruise control and doing flippy shit like it was nothing. #TheFuture

Bray jobbed clean to Ryback because Bray sucks.
Not only does Bray suck. He sucks, and he's ruining everything.

From the observer website

What?

None of that happened.

Maddox came out to no music, he was on the mic walking to the ring talking about how no one remembers who he is, and how he had a failed and short career as Raw GM. He said he took shortcuts to get where he was and he's no longer taking them. He's going to work hard for what he wants.

And then he started trolling Swagger for a bit, and the match started. 2 mins later he tapped out.

Wrestling journalism at its finest!

Guzim

I'm going!
Also,this is the poster

CH7PDhbWIAAVH-8.jpg

I gotta try to go to that. I'm going to Summerslam and Raw. That weekend is already costing me a lot of money.

Justice?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyWS_s-TyAg

I still can't believe this was an actual segment. The crowd doesn't give a shit at all.

Also fans chanted You Cant Wrestle at Maddox :"(

Maddox sucks.

klonere

Banned
Observations from Las Vegas House Show:

Roman, Dean and Seth are over as fuck (With Seth getting tons of heel heat from da keedz)

Seth is sooooooooo smooth in the ring. He was on cruise control and doing flippy shit like it was nothing. #TheFuture

Bray jobbed clean to Ryback because Bray sucks.

Seth is #TheFuture and #TheFuture will become #ThePresent when he pins the Beast, Brock Lesnar, 1 2 3 in the middle of the ring.

It says a lot when I want to see Ryback win over Bray. Just wish Da Big Guy wasn't stuck in Big Show feud wasteland.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ultraviolence was always going to flop, pretty much no one likes deathmatch wrestling.

I always assumed the OTs existed to get people to broaden their horizons.

But then some folk on this OT won't even watch 'indie wrestling' until it's put out by the WWE and called NXT.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, alls I know is I'm glad to be back working on community stuff. Hope y'all are ready for an Ultra SF4 tournament on PC. I hate the game but I'm in.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lucha Underground fans and specifically Sunny, I need you to watch Pentagod appearing in a Batman 1966 parody. There is also some Mortal Kombat in there as well.
M4DKcrN.gif

tumblr_nqb2xmRS501t34v14o3_250.gif

I don't know what the fuck is with the dithering. But it is complete gold.

DMczaf

It's honestly surprising how fast and strong Seth is. Dude could go from flippy shit to strong style at the blink of an eye. From flying knees off the top rope to power bombing Super Roman through a table. Seth is The Man.

Brock/Seth should be a Summerslam/WM match, not Battleground :\

The Roman/Seth title match was Last Man Standing, so they can have Seth win, but Roman doesn't take a pin. The story of the match was Roman never gives up. Seth put a beating on that dude and it was always "aaaaaaaaaaaand Roman makes it back to his feet before the count of 10!!"

Feels like WWE thinks fans only liked Daniel Bryan because he was an underdog, so they are making Roman into Super Underdog...except they also want him to be Superman Roman, it's weird. Roman's entire push is just weird. Feels like they don't know what to do with him, they just know they want him to be #1.

Here's an MV of this year's Tournament of Death;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0c-jRkAnvc

In the spirit of UltraViolence, give it a watch friends.
It's like getting all the spots without the many many many near falls, what a streamlining process!
Swerved by the music, I can't tell if that was a brilliant contrasting choice or horrible because now it's stuck in my head.

l had to have a chuckle at the dude just sort of falling off the trailer around 1:40, that almost missed entirely.

women's wrestling. Nocturnowl drawings won the month
neQgK.gif

I'm over for one month, it's like being in a filler Cena feud.

Is anyone else having problems connecting to Gaf? It's the only site that keeps timing out on me.
Same here.

DMczaf

Wait, WM lost money for the first time ever this year??

Make that shit a PPV exclusive. It's ridiculous they are giving that shit away for $9.99.

somedevil

It's honestly surprising how fast and strong Seth is. Dude could go from flippy shit to strong style at the blink of an eye. From flying knees off the top rope to power bombing Super Roman through a table. Seth is The Man.

The Roman/Seth title match was Last Man Standing, so they can have Seth win, but Roman doesn't take a pin. The story of the match was Roman never gives up. Seth put a beating on that dude and it was always "aaaaaaaaaaaand Roman makes it back to his feet before the count of 10!!"

Feels like WWE thinks fans only liked Daniel Bryan because he was an underdog, so they are making Roman into Super Underdog...except they also want him to be Superman Roman, it's weird. Roman's entire push is just weird. Feels like they don't know what to do with him, they just know they want him to be #1.

Well right now they are making it like that Bray is getting in Reigns head and is taking pins to try to make him not like Cena.

As for Brock they are talking about his opponent being
Owens but maybe not for the title. Some how as of now Rollins will keep the title against Brock

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lucha Underground fans and specifically Sunny, I need you to watch Pentagod appearing in a Batman 1966 parody. There is also some Mortal Kombat in there as well.
I don't know what the fuck is with the dithering. But it is complete gold.

This is great. Thanks for sharing. Pentagon Jr is a superstar, and it shows.

That chicken's noises are TERRIFYING. Figure I should make a jiff or two:

28tef7Q.gif

somedevil

Brock vs Owens at Summerslam? Dear god. DEAR GOD. DEAR GOOOOOOOOD!

Cause the other option is Brock vs
Roman Reigns

The problem with this is its in Brooklyn and Brock will be a huge babyface. Plus the raw after is in Brooklyn as well.

So will they make the same mistake again with the same guy. Knowing Vince its a good probability.

Kaladin

I just watched Lucha Underground All Night Long....holy shit. That rockets up to the best match I have seen all year.

1. Prince Puma (c) vs Johnny Mundo - Iron Man Match for Lucha Underground Championship - Lucha Underground
2. John Cena vs Kevin Owens I - WWE Elimination Chamber
3. Brock Lesnar (c) vs Seth Rollins vs John Cena - Triple Threat Match for WWE World Heavyweight Championship - Royal Rumble
4. Sami Zayn (c) vs Kevin Owens - NXT Championship NXT Takeover Rival
5. Fenix vs. Mil Muertes - Grave Consequences Casket Match - Lucha Underground

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I have it on good authority Rollins is going to pin Brock clean off a Phoenix Splash. The 1 who beat the 1 in 21-1.
rejoice.png

Fox318

its a battleground match because there is a conference call after the show.

Vince doesn't want to have to announce 400,000 subs on the network.

Fox318

Cause the other option is Brock vs
Roman Reigns

The problem with this is its in Brooklyn and Brock will be a huge babyface. Plus the raw after is in Brooklyn as well.

So will they make the same mistake again with the same guy. Knowing Vince its a good probability.

mShRq3a.gif

Cesaro

JavyOO7

I'm sure WWE Network will have 1.3 million subscribers by Battleground... maybe a bit more. Still should have saved some of that budget to put vintage shows like finishing off Nitro, RAW, and put stuff like old Superstars, Wrestling Challenge, all the other territories they have...

And the player is still bad, even after all this time. The network is getting better at handling server load though. (good job MLB Media)

Speaking of carnying intensifying, I love these Shamrock vs. Gracie rumors for a future Bellator show, Maggle!

I hope they set up a Kimbo vs. Blackman match though.

Top Bottom