• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
People don't like paying for things, I guess. Also, the old production values argument. And the "everything is inherently shit until it's under a WWE banner" mentality.
Naw, Itami is a flop and Balor's dreads and contemporary choreo need to die.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TNA is going to be super fucking interesting this upcoming weeks. Quite possibly the final taping, doing two months of tapings before the live PPV, quite possibly the final one. They've been moving matches off of it left and right though.

Heel

50 years old.

herschel_walker_strikeforce_miami-610x406.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bellator's presentation is something TNA/ROH should really look at. Real sport feel with pro wrasslin flair. That and a ton of old boring dudes.

TNA is going to be super fucking interesting this upcoming weeks. Quite possibly the final taping, doing two months of tapings before the live PPV, quite possibly the final one. They've been moving matches off of it left and right though.

The sad thing about the way TNA does its tapings so long in advance is we will probably never get that weird final show where they go nuts and do a bunch of champ vrs champ matches like the last Nitro and last ECW shows.

One day TNA will just not exist anymore and that will be that. I expect them to keep trucking along, slowly bleeding talent until then.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a review of RoH's Best in the World 2015. It's interesting.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/config/#/|/strobogos-wrasslin-potpourri-reviews/bitw2k15

Let's set the stage:

Now in the opening video, Jay Briscoe calls Jay Lethal, "boy", multiple times. He also says, "someone like you". Do you think there is some racism in those words? I mean, he says "boy" multiple times in a pretty hostile manner. Something to think about. This is a man who made a custom championship with the Confederate battle flag on it after all.

2kcC85p.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kaitlyn looking more and more like a cartoon character with each passing day.

People like Kaitlyn aren't grown, they're constructed. Her arms are fantastic and her quads ridiculous. She's the Six Billion Dollar Business.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
She's built like the kind of woman people make fun of comic book artists for drawing, straight up ridiculous.

I'm actually not generally a fan of big fake breasts but when the rest of you looks like that they are actually needed to complete the package. She's a gorgeous woman.

Ultratech

Damn, Kaitlyn looks more and more ridiculous every time I see her.

(Still looks damn good though.)

Lucha Underground fans and specifically Sunny, I need you to watch Pentagod appearing in a Batman 1966 parody. There is also some Mortal Kombat in there as well.

I don't know what the fuck is with the dithering. But it is complete gold.

Amazing. Also pretty funny.

I also made a gif:
Tw5ODkA.gif

via Summer Rae interference on a nothing match on Raw

They really really really didn't want Sandow getting over.

The more they sabotage him, the less likely it is that he'll get hurt and fuck up their plans like the rest. Actually a genius plan when you think about it.

Evolve 45 and 46 have some really interesting matches, probably will order both.

Evolve 45

The Main Event - Tag Team Grudge Match
EVOLVE & DGUSA Champion Drew Galloway & Roderick Strong vs. The Premier Athlete Brand of Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley w/ So Cal Val

Dream Match
Davey Richards vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

EVOLVE 43 Rematch
Chris Hero vs. Trevor Lee

Special Challenge Match #1
Rich Swann vs. Timothy Thatcher

Special Challenge Match #2
Biff Busick vs. Andrew Everett

Evolve 46

EVOLVE Championship Match
Drew Galloway defends vs. Trent Baretta w/ So Cal Val

WWN Supershow: Mercury Rising 2015 Rematch
Chris Hero vs. Timothy Thatcher

Special Attraction Match
Davey Richards vs. Biff Busick

Pure Wrestling Clinic
TJ Perkins vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

Anthony Nese w/ So Cal Val vs. Trevor Lee

Caleb Konley w/ So Cal Val vs. Andrew Everett

Wish they would get rid of the premier athlete brand, they are awful.

Also surprised at no Gargano, maybe he is going to WWE?

Evolve 45 and 46 have some really interesting matches, probably will order both.

Evolve 45

The Main Event - Tag Team Grudge Match
EVOLVE & DGUSA Champion Drew Galloway & Roderick Strong vs. The Premier Athlete Brand of Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley w/ So Cal Val

Dream Match
Davey Richards vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

EVOLVE 43 Rematch
Chris Hero vs. Trevor Lee

Rich Swann vs. Timothy Thatcher

Biff Busick vs. Andrew Everett

Evolve 46

EVOLVE Championship Match
Drew Galloway defends vs. Trent Baretta w/ So Cal Val

WWN Supershow: Mercury Rising 2015 Rematch
Chris Hero vs. Timothy Thatcher

Special Attraction Match
Davey Richards vs. Biff Busick

Pure Wrestling Clinic
TJ Perkins vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

Anthony Nese w/ So Cal Val vs. Trevor Lee

Caleb Konley w/ So Cal Val vs. Andrew Everett

Wish they would get rid of the premier athlete brand, they are awful.

Also surprised at no Gargano, maybe he is going to WWE?

Getting rid of Premier Athlete Brand would cost us So Cal Val and Andrea, and I can't go with it. I might get it for Thatcher's matches though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ultraviolence related: Matt Tremont is entertaining. The dozer can get the strap if Owens and Roman Reigns can.

Koji Kanemoto (c) vs. Shinjiro Otani @ New Japan Spirit 1999

Kanemoto defends his junior heavyweight title against heated rival Otani. This match has a real aggressiveness that you rarely see in matches. It's not as simple as stiff kicks, it's more than that. It's how quickly they go to kick the other one, how quickly they go for the slap without holding back. This match feels heated from the start, and it makes you quickly invested in both sides even if you don't know the lead up to it. Two top tier technical wrestlers throwing the rules and sportsmanship of their promotion out the window to beat the fuck out of each other. When I talk about that amazing stretch of junior heavyweights, these guys and Liger were at the forefront of it and helped usher it in while being part of it and still continuing to put on quality matches in 2015. Otani is that mother fucker throughout the match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Data West has signed with GWF as "DataZord" - look for a promo gif soon.

It's not fair to make fun of Roman's tactical gear like that, I agree. He's got nothing to hide!

Reigns isn't overweight and even if he were that's nothing to joke at or be ashamed of!

He's got a shameful back, which is different and hilarious. Still nothing to be ashamed of, but still hilarious.

I fully expected stro to hate everything on the ROH show, but I'm surprised he didn't enjoy Dalton Castle. Dude's the best, but he can show a lot more than ROH are letting him - I think that goes for a lot of ROH guys. Stro shat on Strong's personality, or lack of it, but elsewhere Roddy's having the best year of his career and his shithead heel gimmick is working great. He saw nothing in War Machine, but Ray Rowe is seriously talented and will do big things for ROH if they let him off the leash.

Don't disagree with the storytelling aspect of his complaints, what storytelling there is is definitely on the light side. The shit commentary doesn't help matters, but in general things are worse storytelling-wise than they were a decade ago. The booking isn't great either, not bad, just eh.

Top Bottom