• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

pomeOAu.png

TraBuch

Banned
Was rewatching RAW since I only caught about 30 minutes on Monday, were people actually cheering when Summer Rae helped out Rusev?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Was rewatching RAW since I only caught about 30 minutes on Monday, were people actually cheering when Summer Rae helped out Rusev?

NTRusev strikes a little too close to home for much of the Raw crowd.

TraBuch

Banned
Has there ever been a real-life relationship that survived an on-screen breakup? I feel bad for Rusev, dude's basically being cuckolded.

Unless he's into that.

Tonight's Lucha underground

Mil Murtes vs DRAGO #1 contenders match
Sexy star vs super fly
Fatal 4 way for a medallion

ROH has toddy vs nakamura and bullet club 's chaos

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting article about Bork not wanting to break the Streak:

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015...k-the-undertakers-streak-at-wrestlemania-xxx/

Brock Lesnar beating The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX is probably the most shocking and debated moment in wrestling since the Montreal Screwjob, and everyone is wondering what was behind that decision. Who knew what? Who planned what? And who was on board. We still don’t have a full confirmation on where The Undertaker’s head was at the time, but according to Jim Ross, we know where Brock Lesnar’s head was: He wanted to lose.

A correspondent from Wrestling Inc. was at “An Evening with Shawn Michaels” in the UK, noted by Jim Ross, and they had this to say about The Streak:

The Undertaker’s undefeated WrestleMania streak ending is discussed, and Michaels admits that he wasn’t a fan of the decision, and neither was JR. JR talked about Brock Lesnar not wanting to beat the streak and asking to lose the match, but the decision had been made.

Shawn talks about how he was suppose to be part of a team of former champions who went out to the ring to celebrate with Daniel Bryan over his title win at WrestleMania XXX, but HBK refused after the way the crowd reacted after Brock’s victory, so he left the Superdome early.

Now, commence arguing about if Bork should have broken the streak or not.

To me it's obvious - streaks are made to be broken. Yes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The streak was dumb luck to begin with and they capitalized on it really well by turning Brock into an unbeatable ass-kicker.

jmdajr

Brock was probably the best choice to beat him. I mean if it was Cena.... Jesus Christ. And I bet Cena would never have allowed that to happen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda like the red one. Kinda like it...What's the back look like?

kiguel182

Watched Raw and then Tough Enough and I got say Tough Enough was the better show. First I wasn't so sure about the format but hey, it worked.

Lesnar is a beast and always awesome to see but him and Owens can't carry three hours of TV with just Rollings going around making amends.

And man, making fun of someone for being small when one of the judges is Bryan is not a good strategy. Still, the other big dude was way more vanilla and should've been cut for sure.

Guzim

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched Raw and then Tough Enough and I got say Tough Enough was the better show. First I wasn't so sure about the format but hey, it worked.

Lesnar is a beast and always awesome to see but him and Owens can't carry three hours of TV with just Rollings going around making amends.

And man, making fun of someone for being small when one of the judges is Bryan is not a good strategy. Still, the other big dude was way more vanilla and should've been cut for sure.

Pretty weird - first Tough Enough had Tazz actually telling short people that they're fine, that it isn't an excuse. Sounds like complete opposite with that little barn animal Danny Bryan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I would have loved to have seen all the past champions come out and celebrate with Bryan. I love when that happens, it makes winning the title seem more important.

I like it too. I enjoyed when Zayn won the NXT title and Patterson was one of the celebrators. So good.

Data, I like you sometimes, but your anti-CFO bias is killin' me. Finn's theme, Zayn's theme, Swagger's theme, Axel's theme, Titus's theme, Rusev's theme, Paige's theme, Neville's theme, Sasha's theme, Sheamus's new theme.

Dude has a MAJOR problem with just looping 30 seconds of a theme over and over again, but he's got an absolutely great ear for hooks.

Zach

On wrassle themes:

1. Rick Rude's "Simply Ravishing" ditty from WCW
2. "Thus Spoke Zarathustra"
3. Horsemen theme
4. That Hollywood Blonds theme
5. Owen Hart "doo da doo da doot" theme -- you know the one

Just off the top of my head. Probably missing something. Like Sid's WWF theme and Vader's WCW theme, which I just thought of. I better just stop thinking about this right now.

Edit: My avatar made me think of Dusty's sweet "American Dream" theme from WWF. That, too.

Shawn talks about how he was suppose to be part of a team of former champions who went out to the ring to celebrate with Daniel Bryan over his title win at WrestleMania XXX, but HBK refused after the way the crowd reacted after Brock’s victory, so he left the Superdome early.

And people say bret's a mark for himself 8)

Sephzilla

Interesting article about Bork not wanting to break the Streak:

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015...k-the-undertakers-streak-at-wrestlemania-xxx/

Now, commence arguing about if Bork should have broken the streak or not.

To me it's obvious - streaks are made to be broken. Yes.

No, at least not how the match was built up to. Brock wasn't built up to be a credible threat to Taker what so ever, he had the weakest build up to a Taker Mania match in probably the last decade - this is including the Bray feud.

The OUTTANOWHERE end of The Streak absolutely murdered all of the momentum of that WrestleMania and killed the crowd for almost the entire rest of the show. The crowd didn't even wake up for Bryan's second entrance and only started to buzz again after the RKO/Batista Bomb spot.

Sometimes on Meltzerz I hear this weird narrative that they had brock break the streak to reignite him after losing to cena and trips. I guess I can kind of get that but it's also a sort of "who else was gonna do it" thing.

I dunno it made for some really fuckin' great tv, but it put taker in a weird place this year. He didn't do anything in his build against wyatt, no real acknowledgement of his loss, and none of his win against Wyatt! Taker's in a weird spot now.

Angry Grimace

¡HarlequinPanic!;169682120 said:
And people say bret's a mark for himself 8)

I legit don't understand why people care what the fuck Bret or HBK or any of these old guys think. These dudes are always way more out of touch than even Vince is and every interview with these old-timers is them explaining why old-timers/their buddies/family members should win all the time.

Striker

Most themes I've always enjoyed have come from the 80's and 90s (Goldust, Mr. Perfect, Psycho Sid, Ted Dibiase, Horsemen, Razor, etc.).

Ones that came from 2000 on: Edge's Rated R, Christian's 2004-2005/TNA theme, Jack Swagger's Real American, Rusev, Muhammad Hassan, and Chris Benoti's Shooter

klonere

Banned
I legit don't understand why people care what the fuck Bret or HBK or any of these old guys think. These dudes are always way more out of touch than even Vince is and every interview with these old-timers is them explaining why old-timers/their buddies/family members should win all the time.

What about Steve Austin. He always seems pretty reasonable when he talks about the business of pro wrestlin'

Top Bottom