• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

gurudyne

WrassleGAF, had my wisdoms removed today and since I can't leave the house or talk to anyone, I'm getting restless. I've been meaning to get into Lucha Underground, but the backlog is too large for me to make significant headway at this point. (I'm not big into marathoning shows.) Any recommendations on matches to catch? I already saw the Fenix-Mil Muertes casket match and loved it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
CGUHZD4UYAAOMW2.jpg

WrassleGAF, had my wisdoms removed today and since I can't leave the house or talk to anyone, I'm getting restless. I've been meaning to get into Lucha Underground, but the backlog is too large for me to make significant headway at this point. (I'm not big into marathoning shows.) Any recommendations on matches to catch? I already saw the Fenix-Mil Muertes casket match and loved it.

Fenix vs Muertes II
Drago vs Muertes from last week
Puma vs Cuerno
Fenix vs Pentagon Jr vs Drago
Puma vs Drago
Drago vs Cuerno

NoRéN

Trios tournament final.

Totally going to Jeff Jarrett. Sounds like they're finally getting a real mid-card belt.

No, it's a gimmick belt, much like the
Lucha Underground Gift of the Gods Championship, which can only be defended in battle royals

If you want to create a mid-card belt, simply attach it to a top star or popular star and have them defend it successfully. Look at the IWGP IC title. Shit, the NEVER TITLE is prestigious now.

TNA is just beyond shit right now, those spoilers crack me up, I can't even imagine anyone still watches that show.

No one gives a damn about TNA other than to laugh at it or wait for it to go out of business. Billy Corgan is doing a great damn job of nothing reading the results also.

Cagey

Banned
So Witcher 3 is a RPG about a medieval man who wants to open his own Noma-style locally sourced restaurant but must cope with a debilitating TCG addiction.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
RE 4 Hate threads are one of the strangest things I can think of.

I mean, sure, I get the purists who need their puzzles, tank controls, slow as shit zombies, backtracking. But those who claim to like action games just find but don't get RE4 or think its too simple or not scary enough. Weirdos, all of them. RE4 is as close you can get to perfection in an action game.

We got more TNA results anywhere?
These should air on July 15th and July 22nd.

* Kurt Angle defeated Ethan Carter III by DQ with the World Heavyweight Title on the line. The DQ came when EC3 knocked the referee out

* Dixie Carter made her return as a babyface. She admits she was wrong in the past, tries to talk sense into EC3 and pleads with him but few are buying it.

* Grado defeated DJ Zema Ion for Xplosion

* Brooke Tessmacher defeated Marti with the Knockouts Title on the line

* Dixie Carter is in the ring with the TNA roster surrounding it. She reveals the new authority figure in TNA to be Bully Ray. Bully comes out and praises the TNA wrestlers and the fans. He says he's going to take TNA to the promise land and gets an applause.

* Drew Galloway wins a 20-man battle royal to become the new #1 contender to the World Heavyweight Title.

* Matt Hardy defeated Bobby Roode in a Tables Match

* The Wolves retained the TNA Tag Team Titles over Hernandez and Kenny King

* Ethan Carter III retained the World Heavyweight Title over Drew Galloway after Eli Drake turned on Drew.

* James Storm calls Khoya to the ring and starts slapping him around and putting him down. Khoya turned babyface and is going by his real name Mahabali Shera. He turned on Storm and said he loves his country.

7-29

* Bully Ray suspends Eli Drake without pay for 1 week due to his interference in last week's title match. Bully threatens to strip Ethan Carter III of the World Heavyweight Title but instead is letting Ethan pick the stipulations for four contender matches.

* Bram defeated Magnus in a Street Fight, one of the contenders matches. James Storm attacked Magnus after the match.

* Matt Hardy defeated Hernandez, Bram and Eric Young in a Ladder Match to become the new #1 contender to EC3. Bram was taken out after Mr. Anderson attacked him

I mean, sure, I get the purists who need their puzzles, tank controls, slow as shit zombies, backtracking. But those who claim to like action games just find but don't get RE4 or think its too simple or not scary enough. Weirdos, all of them. RE4 is as close you can get to perfection in an action game.
Man God, I think sometimes you forget that you're a weeaboo.

I totally dug that new fluid control scheme that didn't even let me move and shoot at the same time. RE4 was trash that peaked in its first area.

I'd just like to chime in and say that, no, Dolph is not one of the best workers in the world.

When he's on, he's great. His performance at Survivor Series last year was absolutely magical, he had probably the best Money in the Bank cash-in, his double-turn in that match with Del Rio was very well-done, and he's had a variety of other good moments.

But really, his quality moments are pretty contextual and dependent on good road agents like a Pat Patterson to really make them shine. His actual wrestling is a mixed bag. He bumps like nobody else, for example, and it makes one really root for him when he's trying to lodge a comeback. His selling is so-so, sometimes "on" and sometimes he's running around after having his legs worked over, or something like that. His strikes are HORRIBLE. He makes Dean Ambrose look like Shibata. The main reason he would have floundered in NJPW is there's never been any indication that he can really make anything he does look like it hurts. His finisher is good for the "outta nowhere" thing, but it doesn't have any real sense of impact. He's got a few good signature moves, like a quality dropkick, a good neckbreaker, those elbow drops, that corner splash.He spams Super Kicks like every indie-style fuckhead nowadays, which totally devalues them as a believable move. He only wrestles in character ever 10-20 matches or so, and even then, he's not showing off as a CHARACTER, but as a PERFORMER, which is way different and not particularly engaging.

This is not to even mention the fact that he can't cut a promo worth a damn that's not scripted to hell or just him screaming at the camera about some "shooty" thing.

Overall, while he could perhaps have gotten a better deal, he hasn't made a particularly good case for himself as a top anything.

Vylash

I skimmed through tna and when the hell did these people come back? Velvet Sky? Matt Morgan? Hernandez? I think that was elijah burke on commentary?

Top Bottom