• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Sephzilla

TNA is having a mass exodus of talent right now:

Magnus is joining the force. Plus Aries might be leaving as well. His contract ends on Sunday.

edit: If Aries leaves as well the TNA roster is now 27 male active wrestlers 28 if count Jeff Hardy and 9 women wrestlers.

WellThereItIs.gif

They're done

DMczaf

tumblr_nql19uaL0J1qc4x1do1_540.jpg

tumblr_nql19uaL0J1qc4x1do2_500.gif

somedevil

Hey according to Punk you get paid very well for doing those conventions.

WellThereItIs.gif

They're done

Here is an Update from Pwinsider:

– PWInsider has an update on the pending exits of James Storm and Magnus from the TNA roster. According to the report, both James Storm and Magnus asked for their releases because TNA is running fewer shows than they did previously. As a result, both Storm and Magnus have been making less money.

In addition, Storm and Magnus will have opportunities to work elsewhere and both wanted to try and make more money for their families. TNA reportedly understood both men’s issues, since talent are making less money due to less shows. Per the report, TNA is facing a new reality where the company is largely producing a TV instead of being a full-time wrestling company that regularly runs live events too. TNA now has to change the way the company operates to reflect its current situation.

Currently, TNA’s plan is for both men to come back and continue working the tapings and to be a part of the TV shows while both men work on finding other shows to supplement TNA appearances. TNA is said to be willing to risk allowing WWE to make a run at either talent because the company has so much respect for Storm and Magnus.

Besides Storm and Magnus, Austin Aries’ contract is also expected to expire following the Slammiversary event tomorrow. Per the latest report, TNA still wants to work with Aries in the future.

Basically people with full time contracts don't make enough money. So it seems like to survive TNA has to nix full time contracts and allow talent to work with who they want to other than Lucha, WWE or ROH.
Though I doubt WWE has an interest in Storm or Magnus. Not sure about Aries.

Zach

No I was volunteering at a concert earlier so I rolled in wearing dirty jeans and a black T, because the $5000 suit you wear on the inside is more important than the one you wear on the outside.

I'm currently at work wearing a plain black T with black denims to symbolize the death of America.

RP912

Banned
Man...not only Jarrett going out as King of the Hill, but became a job fair for the TNA roster. I just hope that EC3 will leave the sinking ship.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Aries didn't have enough charisma to make it to Tough Enough a few years back, doubt that has changed

During my on and off period of TNA this decade I think he's definitely become quite a good character. Also since size doesn't matter anymore and he's in shape NXT is a good landing place.

He'd do perfectly fine in ROH/NJPW though and might get more money in Japan.

RP912

Banned
The thing with Aries is the fact that the dude is too good for promotions. I can't put my finger on it, but dude is too overqualified for the job.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The thing with Aries is the fact that the dude is too good for promotions. I can't put my finger on it, but dude is too overqualified for the job.

People used to say that about the American Dragon. Good thing he proved them all wrong by being woefully ill prepared to play with the big boys.

Am I doing this right?

NoRéN

Thanks for the LU suggestions, DataWest and NoRéN. Great matches. Saving the Trios match for later today.

DataWest had it covered well. The trios match was the only thing I didn't see on the list.

That entire tournament was great and worth the watch. Early highlight involves Willie Mack showing up and his team taking on Pentagon Jr's team.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I'm almost done with 1996 Nitros. Sadly I'm still in the Bischoff hour two era, but they just added Tenay and a ton of high flyers have been introduced, on average one a week to fill out the time.

Two hour Nitros usually end weirdly. A short main event, followed by an in ring interview with Mean Gene, followed by a wrap up segment with the announcers, half of the time being interrupted by someone cutting a promo on them.

I miss Mongo, though Larry and Schiavone are pretty good together.

Striker

Aries and Storm have chances in some places but I think WWE wants to go younger (even though Itami, Balor, and Joe are all in their mid 30's already). Magnus is still 28 and isn't a shrimp.

If Triple H is willing to give Joe a go I think he might give Aries a second look.

I wouldn't say the same for a lot of other TNA long termers like Storm though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Aries and Storm have chances in some places but I think WWE wants to go younger (even though Itami, Balor, and Joe are all in their mid 30's already). Magnus is still 28 and isn't a shrimp.

Good thing WWE doesn't actually pay attention to TNA so Magnus might still have a chance. I have never seen a main event run worse than his. Totally ruined me forever on him. The best thing has happened to him since was that one time Mr. Charlotte Flair hit him in the head with a pool ball.

Top Bottom