• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

I've seen some disparaging remarks about Dean Ambrose's hairline in this very topic, but thinking about the historical greats of the wrestling world, I think that very line is what he needs to erase if he ever wants to step into the ranks of the great ones. Stone Cold, Goldberg and The Rock were all bald (The Rock was initially not bald, and then he was and came back to headline Wrestlemania. Hmmm.......)

Now I don't know if Dean Ambrose is going bald. I don't assume on these kinds of things. Hulk Hogan tells us he has a full head of hair, and personally I believe him. People sometimes talk about uncanonical split seconds when his bandana has fallen off during a match - typical internet trash - but I don't recognise off-script history so I have no way of verifying that kind of thing. If Dean ISN'T going bald, though, it's definitely something he should consider. Maybe it is the blinding reflection of the arena lights off a crispy bald dome that truly renders a wrestler stunning.

Sephzilla

RE 4 Hate threads are one of the strangest things I can think of.

I mean, sure, I get the purists who need their puzzles, tank controls, slow as shit zombies, backtracking. But those who claim to like action games just find but don't get RE4 or think its too simple or not scary enough. Weirdos, all of them. RE4 is as close you can get to perfection in an action game.

RE4 gets some retroactive hate for basically being the origin of the bad ideas that led to RE5 and RE6.

Aiii

So not worth it
Going bald sucks!

It's not all bad, since I went buzz cut life certainly got easier, no more barber costs and not having to worry about your hair when you get out of bed in the morning is certainly a plus. Wearing headphones no longer messes up your hair, too.

Plus, rocking a beard with a bald head looks good, gets you ton of compliments.

Embracing my baldness instead of trying to fight it was one of my better decisions.

xTOOLx

Huge turn of events at PWG tonight.

dpbiIVt

7FYHAL2

Forgive me if I fucked this up. I'm drunk and sleepy.

Aiii

So not worth it
PWInsider.com reports that beginning with tomorrow’s “Road to Dominion” show, New Japan Pro Wrestling will have a total of 11 live events broadcasting through the month of July.

The “Road to Dominion” shows will be broadcast live on June 28th and July 3rd at 6:30pm Japan time while “Dominion”, which takes place on July 5th will be live at 4:00pm.

On July 12th “New Japan Alive” from Fukushima will be live at 3:00pm while the G1 Climax 25 Shows (7 in total) will also be live on New Japan World.

Those shows will take place on the following dates (all times are Japan Standard Time):

-July 20th at 3:00 PM

-July 23rd at 6:30 PM

-July 24th at 6:30 PM

-July 25th at 6:00 PM

-July 26th at 6:00 PM

-July 28th at 6:30 PM

-July 29th at 6:30 PM

If you want to check out these events then New Japan World is available for 999 Yen per month which works out at around $8.

Time to renew that sub, brotherjackdudes!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've seen some disparaging remarks about Dean Ambrose's hairline in this very topic, but thinking about the historical greats of the wrestling world, I think that very line is what he needs to erase if he ever wants to step into the ranks of the great ones. Stone Cold, Goldberg and The Rock were all bald (The Rock was initially not bald, and then he was and came back to headline Wrestlemania. Hmmm.......)

Now I don't know if Dean Ambrose is going bald. I don't assume on these kinds of things. Hulk Hogan tells us he has a full head of hair, and personally I believe him. People sometimes talk about uncanonical split seconds when his bandana has fallen off during a match - typical internet trash - but I don't recognise off-script history so I have no way of verifying that kind of thing. If Dean ISN'T going bald, though, it's definitely something he should consider. Maybe it is the blinding reflection of the arena lights off a crispy bald dome that truly renders a wrestler stunning.
I like the way you think. Dean! Accelerate this process!

Alucard

Banned
Any other Wrassle GAFFERS watching Killjoys or Dark Matter? Enjoying both, but finding Killjoys to be better written. Dark Matter kind of feels like a show made for 16-year-old boys.

somedevil

TNA is having a mass exodus of talent right now:

- Brian Fritz of Sporting News reported on Twitter that James Storm is leaving TNA. Storm reportedly asked for his release and he will be gone Sunday's Slammiversary pay-per-view. We noted before that Magnus is also scheduled to leave TNA after tomorrow's event.

Magnus is joining the force. Plus Aries might be leaving as well. His contract ends on Sunday.

edit: If Aries leaves as well the TNA roster is now 27 male active wrestlers 28 if count Jeff Hardy and 9 women wrestlers.

Penguin

TNA is having a mass exodus of talent right now:

Magnus is joining the force. Plus Aries might be leaving as well. His contract ends on Sunday.

edit: If Aries leaves as well the TNA roster is now 27 male active wrestlers 28 if count Jeff Hardy and 9 women wrestlers.

Haha

Now here's the funny thing

TNA has taped a month of shows that involves them in some capacity... wonder if will wrap up these storylines or just be done.

somedevil

Haha

TNA has taped a month of shows that involves them in some capacity... wonder if will wrap up these storylines or just be done.

They are taping shows until Aug 5. So they have 1 and half episodes to end that storyline. Plus Aries was mentioned on the taping for the July 8 show but then vanishes for the rest of the tapings so far.

Haha

Lol its TNA. They never write people out. By the way they are late paying production again and they brought in the Harris twins as muscle who basically told the production crew if they didn't like it they could quit.

James Storm is a guy that deserves a wwe run though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The thing is its less a case of "Oh, how can TNA continue with all of these Roster departures?!?" and more a case of "Oh, today and the PPV tomorrow are very likely the last TV tapings TNA will ever have."

Most of these performers are on very short term deals. A few months is now a long term deal in Dixieland. Most are on a taping by taping basis, and like I said, this is likely it for TV taping!

2 hour raw to lead into tough enough

There will be a two-hour edited version of Raw airing from 6-8 p.m. on Tuesday night on the USA Network as a lead-in for Tough Enough. Clearly the rating for the first episode, barely one-third of what the first episode of the 2011 Steve Austin season did, caused this move. It is not confirmed if this is a one week thing or if it will become a regular thing for the remainder of the Tough Enough season, but historically USA has never wanted to air repeats of Raw in good time slots for fear of diluting the initial show rating.

Top Bottom