• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Seems like just anyone works these house shows

CIjPKXqUkAAfbt3.jpg

Mike Tyson looks really good these days

WUT...was this a thing???!

holy shit

It's not a storyline. PWInsider and other places got updates

Angle has literally known he has a tumor in his neck for a fucking year, kept competing, was given a world title in a company, held it for 6 months, and is finally deciding "gee, now my muscles are actually atrophying and I got that confirmed by doctors in a checkup, I should probably have surgery now"

He's going to die in ring. People joked about that for a decade, but it stopped being a joke years ago

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Angle has literally known he has a tumor in his neck for a fucking year, kept competing, was given a world title in a company, held it for 6 months, and is finally deciding "gee, now my muscles are actually atrophying and I got that confirmed by doctors in a checkup, I should probably have surgery now"

He's going to die in ring. People joked about that for a decade, but it stopped being a joke years ago

...HE WAS OUT MOST OF LAST YEAR WITH A KNEE PROBLEM! He couldn't, you know, do the surgery then?!?

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read

...HE WAS OUT MOST OF LAST YEAR WITH A KNEE PROBLEM! He couldn't, you know, do the surgery then?!?

He didn't think it was a problem. But like I said, he had a checkup because he was starting to feel a problem, and doctors confirmed his muscles were starting to atrophy.

Should have done the surgery before that point, obviously.

Angle has literally known he has a tumor in his neck for a fucking year, kept competing, was given a world title in a company, held it for 6 months,
and is finally deciding "gee, now my muscles are actually atrophying and I got that confirmed by doctors in a checkup, I should probably have surgery now"

Fuck, did TNA know? I can't imagine they knew.

Aries is gone

Lost to Rockstar Spud in a match where the stipulation was if Aries lost, Aries was gone, and if Spud lost, he lost the name "Rockstar" and had to go for the rest of his days as just Spud

Fuck, did TNA know? I can't imagine they knew.

It sounds like he's the only one that knew until surgery was recommended and the severity of his condition was explained, and then he had to tell them.

KissVibes

Banned

AND PEOPLE ARE PISSED THAT WWE WON'T SIGN HIM AT ALL.

Kurt Angle is fucking CRAZY.

Aries is gone

Lost to Rockstar Spud in a match where the stipulation was if Aries lost, Aries was gone, and if Spud lost, he lost the name "Rockstar" and had to go for the rest of his days as just Spud

It sounds like he's the only one that knew until surgery was recommended and the severity of his condition was explained, and then he had to tell them.

Two things:

1. Kurt Angle is out of his fucking mind.
2. What the fuck
kind of stipulation is that for Aries/Spud? Aries loses his job, but Spud has to lose "Rockstar"?

Heel

and I tell ya what, folks, and I'm shootin' here...you know you might be a wrestling fan when your fishin' boat ain't left the driveway in 15 years.

I see you laughin' over there, buddy. How many HP on your outboard? Haha, just ribbin' ya.

Alucard

Banned
So...applied to 6-8 jobs online tonight. My work environment is toxic and I need to get out. Hard part will be finding one that pays the same, but I'll give it a whirl. Also looking to do consulting/entrepreneurial work for extra cash. Tired of working for other people.

Vylash

Aries is gone

wtf kind of a bullshit stip is that...and didn't he go by spud for like a year anyway?

Road to DOMINION kicks off in just over an hour on NJPW World, here's the card;

NJPW, "ROAD TO DOMINION", 2015/06/28
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

1. Ryusuke Taguchi vs Jay White
2. Tiger Mask vs Sho Tanaka
3. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs David Finlay
4. Mascara Dorada vs Yohei Komatsu
5. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs Yuji Nagata & Captain New Japan
6. Tetsuya Naito, Manabu Nakanishi & KUSHIDA vs Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga & Kenny Omega
7. Kazuchika Okada, Rocky Romero & Trent Barretta vs Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Yujiro Takahashi
8. Elimination Match: Hirooki Goto, Togi Makabe, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Katsuyori Shibata & Tomoaki Honma vs Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano, Kazushi Sakuraba & YOSHI-HASHI

Main event should be fun, I'm a sucker for elimination matches. Great to see all the young lions get singles outings, Korakuen will be vocal in their support of the underdogs as per usual. Finlay vs Liger & Komatsu vs Dorada both look pretty promising.

rrc1594

It crazy to me that Rock could just show up at a House Event, it's doesn't affect his Hollywood career. He does it just because he loves it

Jamie OD

Oooo Tanahashi vs Harashima

Only fear I have about this is the DDT Sumo Hall show is happening a week after the G1 and we don't know just how knackered Tanahashi will be by that point. Same with Ibushi but I'm expecting him to be in a tag match of some sort. Maybe him & Daisuke Sasaki against Sekimoto & Okabayashi.

Aiii

So not worth it
I also still think that Aries cashing in his Money in the X-Division Title Contract the first time was one of the best things TNA ever did.

Fox318

and I tell ya what, folks, and I'm shootin' here...you know you might be a wrestling fan when your fishin' boat ain't left the driveway in 15 years.

I see you laughin' over there, buddy. How many HP on your outboard? Haha, just ribbin' ya.
I wonder if he uses wrestling lingo and people have no idea what he is talking about.

Alucard

Banned
I wonder if he uses wrestling lingo and people have no idea what he is talking about.

"My uncle totally turned heel on me this Christmas."

"So, we were watching this movie together, and she was getting all emotional. I was like, 'You know movies are a work, right?.'"

"Thanks for dinner guys, but I'm tapping out."

Top Bottom