• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

RP912

Banned
C4tP1o8.gif

Keep living by the code Aries. Fuck bridges :p

DDT staying awesome

All of the Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contracts have now been used up and as a result caused some temporary chaos in the main event scene. Yasu Urano pinned Masa Takanashi in a 6-Man Tag Team match to win his contract. Urano then cashed in the contract for a KO-D Title match against KUDO there and then. The two fought hard and were both laid out when Ken Ohka suddenly appeared. Taking a page from Seth Rollins, Ohka cashed in his own contract in the middle of the match! He went after KUDO but had to settle with pinning Urano to become the new champion! However KUDO stayed in the ring and cashed in his own contract for an immediate title match. Ohka fought with all his heart but was out of his depth. KUDO defeated Ohka to win back the title and will go on to the Sumo Hall main event

Also holy crap

tanahashi-chalenges-harashima.jpg

DMczaf

Wouldn't surprise me. How'd it look worked though?

We got in during the "final event" that decided the overall winner of the Team All-Stars series.

The final event was a rope climbing event. The dude who won kept doing practice starts while the production team was setting up, the other dude just stood around like he knew he was about to job.

The way they started the event was literally just the producer walking up and doing a quick countdown, felt so unprepared for a "sporting" event.

Once the dude won the event for his team, they started practicing how to celebrate. Felt staged as fuck. A work even.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We got in during the "final event" that decided the overall winner of the Team All-Stars series.

The final event was a rope climbing event. The dude who won kept doing practice starts while the production team was setting up, the other dude just stood around like he knew he was about to job.

The way they started the event was literally just the producer walking up and doing a quick countdown, felt so unprepared for a "sporting" event.

Once the dude won the event for his team, they started practicing how to celebrate. Felt staged as fuck. A work even.

That's terrible...

DMczaf

Oh, and they had to do a 2nd take of their victory celebration because the winning team fucked up the cue.

They were suppose to raise their medals high in the air after receiving them, and do a "5 second pose" for the audience (us) while we clap and yell for them.

Ain't no 2nd take in WWE, friends!

DMczaf

Austin, go fuck yourself for having this complete garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQppGmbXVJo

Good fucking luck watching it. Complete trash. Basically a bunch of Austin hipsters that decided to try wrestling. Fucking cunts.

PWR is a community-supported party/wrestling/comedy/theater/party/event with cheap drinks and wrestling-style entertainment. It is a cathartic journey of ranting, falling down, and high-concept shenanigans. SUMMER SLAMDOWN 2: JUDGMENT SLAM is our one year anniversary show and we're looking to make it the MOST EXTREME event of the summer. Amass a pile of VHS tapes of all the action movies that have come out since 1982. Now destroy them with fire; breathe the smoke that rises up and you'll see holy visions - visions of JUDGEMENT SLAM!

"wrestling-style entertainment"

Ultratech

That sucks to hear.

I suppose at the same time, it's not surprising, but still.. :\

Good fucking luck watching it. Complete trash. Basically a bunch of Austin hipsters that decided to try wrestling. Fucking cunts.

When did Sonic start wrestling?

Also, I think I saw a Box Robot in there.

(I just skipped around, I couldn't really watch it.)

Guys, I went to an American Ninja Warrior taping last night.

I...I don't think they're on the level.

I think it's work.

Someone said something similar about the Ninja Warrior UK events too. Seemingly they let a someone who didn't qualify through because they were good for TV.

Zach

I'm shocked and thrilled to be saying this: Compound Pro Wrestling puts this to shame. I skipped around for a minute and everything I saw was completely unappealing. It didn't even have the modicum of charm Compound has. Complete trash is right.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe one of our Austinites (Pristine_Condition) can weigh in on how much Party World Rasslin sucks. Maybe it's better live, if you're a white hipster.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone remember NXT when Darren Young was assigned to CM Punk, and Punk tried to get him to join the SES but he refused because that meant he was going to cut his hair?

1.5M views...

For all the jokes about Bryan, it's really sad what happened to him. At least he got his WM main event moment. That can never be taken away from him, unless he shows toothless aggression.

what the hell is this

Does anyone remember NXT when Darren Young was assigned to CM Punk, and Punk tried to get him to join the SES but he refused because that meant he was going to cut his hair?
I think Young was the first guy eliminated that season, lol.

RP912

Banned
It stings so hard that Bound for Glory won't be the last TNA ppv :(. Out of all the PPVs the roster can just walk out...why Slammiversary :/? I haven't seen a promising Slammiversary to this very date, but seen a lot of good Bound for Glories.

Penguin

It stings so hard that Bound for Glory won't be the last TNA ppv :(. Out of all the PPVs the roster can just walk out...why Slammiversary :/? I haven't seen a promising Slammiversary to this very date, but seen a lot of good Bound for Glories.

People have been marking TNA for death for some time, they may still make it to Bound for Glory yet!

RP912

Banned
People have been marking TNA for death for some time, they may still make it to Bound for Glory yet!

This time the writing is on the wall though. If the company pulls through this shitstorm, then Dixie is the ultimate CEO...because half the roster is pretty much heading to GFW or doing other endeavors. The whole ordeal is just a giant mess and a half.

klonere

Banned
They spent weeks on splitting Rollins and the Authority, just to throw it out of the window within one episode. Still amazed.

I know it was a pretty awful angle. They had to get Rollins some solo heat but its like The Authority is a drug for the writers - it gets them an easy way out of a million problems by having KANE IN 2015 walk down the ramp. Its Ziggler at Survivor Series again.

Man, the power of June didn't help WWE much or TNA at all, but it's been a very good month overall.

Thanks, ultraviolence, for all you've given us this month.

Man, the power of June didn't help WWE much or TNA at all, but it's been a very good month overall.

Thanks, ultraviolence, for all you've given us this month.

June is overrated. Now the power of august that is the real deal.

G1
Bola
Last few summerslams have been great.
Plus we get Ultima Lucha this year
And kushida Okada and nakamura doing ROH shows1

somedevil

Amazing how much apathy people have toward wwe. Only thing worht watching is owens. Unless they stop treating Brock like he is bryan

I don't know this thread has seemed to cause a little apathy as well.

Plus more TNA departures.

The Wrestling Observer reports that both Teryn Tarrell and Awesome Kong’s TNA contracts have expired as of this weekend. Slammiversary is expected to be the last show for both Knockouts.

All these departures feel like a sinking ship. The only good news is they have a month to get people make for the next set of tapings.

More on Kurt:

Kurt Angle announced at Saturday's TNA Wrestling tv tapings that he had a tumor in his neck that finally needed surgery. Angle has had a benign tumor in his neck for some time, dating back more than three years ago, that was starting to cause him problems of late with muscular atrophy.

Top Bottom