• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

WWE massively dropped the ball by not making Austin vs Punk happen. Im still okay with Taker vs Sting happening at WM32. It'll be Takers retirement match and it will be a spectacle match. After that they can finally cut the cord on the nostalgia matches
Eh, do you really want Undertaker vs Sting? The leadup will be fun but you know the match's gonna end up being a clusterfuck because they each can't go more than 5 mins without being gassed.

Barrage

Tag match could be fun.

They could do a million gimmicky things to make this fun. Have The Undertaker come out with every era of Undertaker with him. Have Ziggler come out in young Sting makeup.

Something like Taker/Kane VS Flair/Sting sounds good on paper, but it means either Flair or Sting is in the match the whole time.

iMax

They could do a million gimmicky things to make this fun. Have The Undertaker come out with every era of Undertaker with him. Have Ziggler come out in young Sting makeup.

Something like Taker/Kane VS Flair/Sting sounds good on paper, but it means either Flair or Sting is in the match the whole time.

I was thinking more of a Taker/Sting tag team. A Ting, if you will.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sting and Hogan v Taker and Cena

Cena brings cancer kid into ring, kid disapeears when the lights go out. Hogan hulks up, kid shows up on the ramp. AA to Sting for the win.

Shit writes itself

I'd pay real money to watch that.

More than Dolph Ziggler vs Seth Rollins in a 30 minute Ironman match.

Zach

Remember when people complained that someone put a word between the month and "Wrasslin" so they couldn't find the thread and got the title changed? Fun times. I'm glad we've moved past that.

It takes longer for me to see it. >_>

I don't want Austin wrestling again. He is the GOAT and I will not have some stupid Wrestlemania match taint the memories.

You put Austin above Rude? :O

kiguel182

Slowly but surely it will happen. Yeah might take another decade but soon the attitude stars will no longer be in the ring.

Remember this years Mania had NXT people in almost every single match.

It should happen sooner is what I'm defending.

It had but, apart from the main-event they weren't the spotlight. We had Bray lose to Taker, Sting vs HHH as a marquee match and the other potentially big non-attitude era match was a mid card match between Orton and Rollins. Also Rusev losing to Cena.

I just have no nostalgia about this and it makes the new guys look like b stars.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
That stuff is great, and would make a great documentary for the network, but Cena doesnt need to bring that into his feuds.

You dont hear Lebron after losing to the Spurs in the Finals, do a presser talking about all the make-a-wishes and NBA reads stuff to make Tim Duncan look bad.

It was a bad move on Cena's part, if the kids make a wish was to be in the ring on tv, do a seperate segment with the kid. There's no need to use him a storyline device.

From what I was told (I asked around at the office); the kid was an improv spot last night. Cena just saw the sign and did improv off of it (anyone who has seen Cena cut promos when the cameras are off knows how insanely good Cena is at improv)

I imagine they do something like Cena & Hogan vs Rusev & Piper, or something like that.

kiguel182

WWE massively dropped the ball by not making Austin vs Punk happen. Im still okay with Taker vs Sting happening at WM32. It'll be Takers retirement match and it will be a spectacle match. After that they can finally cut the cord on the nostalgia matches

And yeah, as much as I don't care about that match it's the one I get and I'm okay with. Taker deserves a good retirement match and Sting deserves a good Mania moment.

But unfortunately that's not going to be the only nostalgia act.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I have a bridge I'd like to sell you

He honestly does. It's also translated to him improving in general

Sarcastic Reigns is fun. So much better than Superman Reigns. I don't even know what the fuck they were thinking trying to book him like Cena when he clearly had no fucking charisma at all in that role.

Zach

The IC Elimination Chamber really exposed the flaws of the WWE developmental system going all the way back to the OVW days.

These mother fuckers don't know how to call an audible or figure something out on the fly at all. They HAVE To have some agent tell them the ending and they, no matter how much it's bombing, will only perform that ending.

Yup.

Zach

I'm still ok with Hogan and Cena having a tag match. But it's gotta be soon.

I hope that they go appropriately big in Texas. Anyone and everyone. And then never again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It takes longer for me to see it. >_>

You put Austin above Rude? :O

My top 9 is interchangeable, but Austin pre-neck injury is the greatest wrestler of all time. And 1996 Austin is the greatest wrestling character of all time.

Fuck everything after 97 though.

Zach

My top 9 is interchangeable, but Austin pre-neck injury is the greatest wrestler of all time. And 1996 Austin is the greatest wrestling character of all time.

Fuck everything after 97 though.

We are kind of the same person, Data West. Let us embrace.

Also, you love Stunning Steve, right?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like how on Raw Cena got away with calling Owens and himself "wrestlers" who "wrestle" each other.
KuGsj.gif

Angry Grimace

I don't think there's much nostalgia there to mine

It won't be quite as popular, but that doesn't mean they won't do it.

Or that they won't keep running Triple H out there to squash random old people until he can't walk.

Mahonay

Banned
Just finished watching the Stone Cold Podcast with Paul Heyman from last night.

That scary intense promo Steve cut on Brock Lesnar at the end was fucking europhic. Steve is also looking jacked at the moment. It could be the real deal this year. Please god.

Zach

that made me cringe... He's usually pretty forward thinking, but man for a second I thought Ventura was wearing Austin make up.

What did my man Ventura say?

And yeah, super cringeworthy. I hope people complain and he addresses it on the podcast. I'm okay with a "whoops, that was offensive? Sorry, guys. I didn't mean anything bad."

At the very least, Goldberg should spear him.

Mahonay

Banned
No love for Steve a mania.

ECW Steve is secretly good

Austin is my favorite of all time. Would love one last match.
Same. One more Austin match would be paradise for me. Especially against Brock, a person that garnered real life heat with him when he first left WWE. They are on good terms now, but are both brutally competitive when it comes to being the top guy. It fits perfectly with today's era. And yes, it most definitely won't be the best wrestling match considering Steve's age and mobility, but the storytelling possibilities already make me half-mast.

Top Bottom