• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

So, WWE is selling a new Becky Lynch shirt in men's sizes....
CGhRmToUgAEMm7D.jpg

Not as bad as the Sin Cara penis shirt, but seriously how could this get through a review?

They took it down after the NXT special, and it seems all they did to "fix it" was put Becky Lynch's name on it.

Zach

He got in IIRC.

Noooooooo.

I have a feeling he'd just bury everyone.

Personally my vote is for Big Show to finally give up his ring time and go full-time commentator. Although I'm sure Vince is not crazy about having his huge ass at the commentary table. It does look really weird.

No way times two. First off, Austin is way too respectful and thoughtful to bury dudes if he was doing color commentary. I think he would be Jesse logic-wise, but not necessarily bury-wise. Heh.

And Big Show? C'mon, Mahonay!

Mahonay

Banned
I have not. But now I'm slightly interested. Slightly.
He's better than anyone on commentary right now outside of Corey Graves.

Although I've noticed Lawler has been getting better lately (at least on PPVs), which I'm not sure where that came from either. Maybe he doesn't give a shit anymore and is ignoring Vince in his ear more often.

Mahonay

Banned
JBL used to be great on commentary. Having a roided up old man screaming into your ear on a frequent basis is enough to drive anyone to shitty commentary.
JBL has the ability to be an amazing color commentator. He still says some genuinely hilarious shit sometimes. But yeah, Vince rides him fucking hard now and it's obvious.
Give it time. He just didn't have the Vince link yet. All the commentators were 'better than anyone else' until they got settled and Vince integrated them.
He seems smart in general, hopefully he can work around that. We'll know soon enough.

Haha. "Levesque vs. Hickenbottom" got me. I hope someone has actually said that without a tongue in they cheek.

Dude, how old are you and what is your native tongue? I love you.

What do you mean, does it seem to be anything other than english?

I type fast, and sometimes us slang as a way to cut corners.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Big Show is usually pretty good on commentary. Has a sense of comedic timing and good pop culture knowledge.

klonere

Banned
He's better than anyone on commentary right now outside of Corey Graves.

Although I've noticed Lawler has been getting better lately (at least on PPVs), which I'm not sure where that came from either. Maybe he doesn't give a shit anymore and is ignoring Vince in his ear more often.

Lawler seems to give a shit now and is relatively enthused about new talent.

Big Show is great on commentary, agree on that

Mahonay

Banned
Lawler seems to give a shit now and is relatively enthused about new talent.
Considering his history with him, I'm sure Lawler is pretty excited about what's happening with Kevin Owens right now.

Feels good to hear King actually into it again. I have a feeling it won't last long though. Either things are just going to get really shitty again, or Vince will fire Lawler for actually calling matches.

48730b9032ebe5ed8d43cd3fae6de927.jpg

Funny how so many of these guys are still involved in WWE in some capacity. Granted not all from Attitude Era,.

We'll see by Wrestlemnia 35.

Yeah, pretty much just Punk, Hardy and MVP, and even then two of the three could make a return. MVP left on good terms, and as insane as the Hardys have become, Vince has worked with people who have screwed him over more in the past, especially if they draw well. The way I see it, the only person who is on Vince's permaban is Jarrett.

somedevil

Raw Viewership for 6/1:

8pm: 3.946
9pm: 4.113
10pm: 3.862

Avg: 3.974

Basically back to normal levels with the usual pattern.

More on Joe:

Besides the success of Joe's t-shirt sales and his NXT performances, the fact that his appearances for Ring of Honor will now air on national cable TV also played into the decision to sign him to a full-time deal.

Joe's current NXT deal reportedly has a clause that would let WWE sign him to a full-time deal. WWE chose to execute that clause this past Thursday after ROH announced their deal with Destination America. Both Joe and WWE signed an addendum to the original deal, now making him a full-time WWE worker.

So DA led to Joe being full time. They are letting him do the June 20 roh taping so that will be his last appearance on ROH TV and his only appearance on DA.

Mahonay

Banned
Raw Viewership for 6/1:

8pm: 3.946
9pm: 4.113
10pm: 3.862

Avg: 3.974

Basically back to normal levels with the usual pattern.
It feels like WWE viewership is in a holding pattern until we move into this new era. Honestly I'm surprised it's not significantly lower considering the incredibly sporadic levels of quality over the past 2 years.

That Owens promo last night was good.

Thing is, I think Owens has more of a merchandise upside than Sami, Neville, Itami, Breeze, or just about any other NXT guy other than Kalisto (although wtf was he doing in that tag match the other night?). "Fight Owens Fight" is a good and versatile slogan that'll work whether he's playing good or bad, and based on what we've seen so far, he seems to have more loyal, lucrative fans than the other indie guys. That Cena/Owens match wasn't good, tbh, as the pacing was just bizarre, but I think it worked in a "Here's this guy's fucking war crate, jobbers beware" kind of sense, which is all it really NEEDED to do.

imBask

Banned
I didn't like last nights RAW but i'm happy with the main event picture right now. We're far from the good old Orton -> Cena -> repeat pattern we got for about 53 year

and that Cena / Owens feud is the best thing

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I feel like Austin's a smart enough dude to know whether his body can handle the match or not, and he's not apparently struggling for cash (he's got all sorts of things going on).
Doing a "deathmatch" would be a smart way to brawl without necessitating a ticket to Suplex City, and he's been hyper-analytical enough when giving his view on matches that I have confidence it could be a really good match.

I could have sworn I read him saying he thought he could work a match just fine, he just doesn't see a reason to.

Yeah, it was a few years back but he said "I could still, you know if I was in a bad situation, I could still get two years out of my carcass on a full-time basis...[a]t about 90, 95 percent of what I used to do." That was 2011, so who knows whether he could do it now.

Kaladin

Oh snap....the name change I put in for almost two weeks ago just happened.

I used to be Mr. Sandman.....now I'm Kaladin.

I went hunting for a more original literary inspired user name and found one that no one has here.

I went hunting for a more original literary inspired user name and found one that no one has here.

So was your plan to return with the new name?

Kaladin is to Mr. Sandman as Joey Samoey is to Samoa Joe.

Kaladin

There are far too many variations of Sandman and even another MrSandman registered here....maybe a couple MrSandman variations.

I wanted something unique.

Top Bottom