• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Mahonay

Banned
Wrestlemania 40.

Cena vs Orton. End of an era.
hAW6XUH.jpg

The only thing that scares me about a potential Austin/Brock match is Austin's neck taking multiple F5s.
Austin is smart enough to not agree to that.

Zach

Austin is smart enough to not agree to that.

Not just to protect himself either. I assure you there will be no finisher spamming if he has a match. Also, there will be no DDTs or there will be a DDT near the end of the match where both guys stay down forever to properly sell their exhaustion before the DDTer crawls over and lays an arm upon the DDTee's chest for the 1... 2... NO!!!

Mahonay

Banned
I could see Austin not wanting a finisher spam match.

But what about taking multiple german suplexes?
That's the tricky part, considering multiple German suplexes is a now huge part of Brock's wrestling style. I'd be interested to see how they get around that.

Maybe Brock gets a couple if German's in, making it look like he's about to give him 10 more, but Austin stops him somehow and changes the tempo the match.

klonere

Banned
Austin won't wrestle again. He's had 92 neck surgeries and 46 knee surgeries and a match could result in both of those falling off him. Beyond a stunner to somebody I don't see him coming back in much capacity at all.

Commissioner Stone Cold after he shows up when the Shield reforms to take down the Authority

Zach

That's the tricky part, considering multiple German suplexes is a now huge part of Brock's wrestling style. I'd be interested to see how they get around that.

Maybe Brock gets a couple if German's in, making it look like he's about to give him 10 more, but Austin stops him somehow and changes the tempo the match.

With a Stunner?

What are you talking about, that jew stuff was awesome.

Oh, do go on.

Mahonay

Banned
I don't see his body being able to handle any of that. Austin had a great run...no need for one more match.
His run was cut short. I have never felt like I've gotten my proper fill of Stone Cold. The podcast has only made me miss him more.

Your psychology is unmatched.
My brain is largely taken up with useless knowledge of how wrestling matches are booked. It's not very helpful in my day to day life.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that it would be a Texas Deathmatch, so Brock might only need to use a couple of suplexes/F5s and just use weapons for the rest of the match. Also, it'd be interesting if WWE allows them to use the name since "Deathmatch" isn't exactly PG, hence why they changed it to "Last Man Standing".

klonere

Banned
His run was cut short. I have never felt like I've gotten my proper fill of Stone Cold. The podcast has only made me miss him more.

Stone Cold is like the young artist who dies of an OD at their peak. We got the best bits and near everything he did was great. Hell a lot of people didn't really dig the heel turn Austin at all.

Austin has moved on to better things like getting the plight of Tommy the Tomato and Al E. Gator over more than most of the roster on his podcast.

cdViking

I feel like Austin's a smart enough dude to know whether his body can handle the match or not, and he's not apparently struggling for cash (he's got all sorts of things going on).
Doing a "deathmatch" would be a smart way to brawl without necessitating a ticket to Suplex City, and he's been hyper-analytical enough when giving his view on matches that I have confidence it could be a really good match.

Lucky for you, you can get properly filled by subscribing to the WWE Network for the low, low price of $9.99. Sign up today and get the entire month of June for free.

Mahonay

Banned
I think a lot of people are forgetting that it would be a Texas Deathmatch, so Brock might only need to use a couple of suplexes/F5s and just use weapons for the rest of the match. Also, it'd be interesting if WWE allows them to use the name since "Deathmatch" isn't exactly PG, hence why they changed it to "Last Man Standing".
Is next year the year that HHH wanted to bring back the TV-14 rating?

klonere

Banned

He wasn't very PG at all when he went into Stone Cold mode there at the end. Lots of swearing. Dude is too real for WWE now.

Wish he could come back as an agent/mentor backstage. Sad times, it'll never happen :(

klonere

Banned
I feel like Austin's a smart enough dude to know whether his body can handle the match or not, and he's not apparently struggling for cash (he's got all sorts of things going on).
Doing a "deathmatch" would be a smart way to brawl without necessitating a ticket to Suplex City, and he's been hyper-analytical enough when giving his view on matches that I have confidence it could be a really good match.

Honestly, a gimmick match with Austin would be a waste of Brock from a pure wrestling standpoint.

Better to him go up against Cesaro. Or Sheamus, fellah.

Yeah, Austin as an on-air personality would be great. No need for him to ever enter the ring. Same goes for Sting. Undertaker can kick rocks.

Toki767

Technically TNA used to do Texas Deathmatches but they called them Last Man Standing matches. WWE has never actually done a Texas Deathmatch.

Zach

Do you guys really think "Texas Death Match" would warrant a change to the PG rating? Seems silly. Especially if it's just being mentioned on regular TV? I mean, do PPVs get ratings outside of the Network? I don't even know...

Mahonay

Banned
Stone Cold is like the young artist who dies of an OD at their peak. We got the best bits and near everything he did was great. Hell a lot of people didn't really dig the heel turn Austin at all.

Austin has moved on to better things like getting the plight of Tommy the Tomato and Al E. Gator over more than most of the roster on his podcast.
Hearing about how the seat of his exercise cycle acts as a butt plug, blocking his farts and building gas to a dangerous level, is alone worth it's weight in gold.

Lucky for you, you can get properly filled by subscribing to the WWE Network for the low, low price of $9.99. Sign up today and get the entire month of June for free.
They've already made a chump out of me. I'm along for that ride.

why are you debating on the name of a match that won't happen?

you got worked, marks
This is part of being a wrestling fan. We're all marks.

Watching last weeks NXT, I really enjoyed Balor's entrance, I think they're getting pretty close to the way I'd like it, they've toned way down on the interpretative dance.

Zach

There is nothing weirder than wrestling fans trying to feel superior to other wrestling fans. I'm not saying that guy's not just joshin', but seriously... I see it all the time and it's weird.

imBask

Banned

nah man

I'm that guy who starts a "Phil Brooks" chant at NXT
I'm that guy who says "my feud is Levesque vs Hickenbottom"
I'm that guy who yells Botchamania at wrestlemania
I'm that guy who keeps saying how much better NJPW is but never actually watch it

i'm a real wrestling fan

EDIT : and i'm superior

Mahonay

Banned
nah man

I'm that guy who keeps saying how much better NJPW is but never actually watch it

i'm a real wrestling fan
LOL. 10/10.

There is nothing weirder than wrestling fans trying to feel superior to other wrestling fans. I'm not saying that guy's not just joshin', but seriously... I see it all the time and it's weird.
Being into wrestling is way nerdier than video games now. It's not something you can dive into with out looking really weird and putting people off. I know only a handful of legit wrestling fans in real life. I've re-ignited my girlfriend's interest in wrestling which has been pretty funny.

goodnight...marks
Beautiful.

Zach

nah man

i'm a real wrestling fan

EDIT : and i'm superior

Haha. "Levesque vs. Hickenbottom" got me. I hope someone has actually said that without a tongue in they cheek.

Where Bootay?

I don't like the title format man. Why did you do that?

Dude, how old are you and what is your native tongue? I love you.

Zach

Being into wrestling is way nerdier than video games now. It's not something you can dive into with out looking really weird and putting people off. I know only a handful of legit wrestling fans in real life. I've re-ignited my girlfriend's interest in wrestling which has been pretty funny.

As I've alluded to in the past, I've been watching with my lady friend since the Network came to be. She was never a fan of wrassle like I used to be, but is such a mark now (yeah, I'm using the lingo; it's just easier, nerds [Note: I'm not a nerd mysefl]) with strong opinions on certain wrestlers/personalities. It's a lot of fun. And she was super uncomfortable at the end of the podcast last night. She totally fell for it. It was magical. Haha...

imBask

Banned
Haha. "Levesque vs. Hickenbottom" got me. I hope someone has actually said that without a tongue in they cheek.

Dude, how old are you and what is your native tongue? I love you.

Dan Ryckert from Giant Bomb once said that at like 14 he tried to get backstage at a show by telling the security people he knew "Shawn Hickenbottom"

Heel

John Cena grants special Make-A-Wish request for Kevin Owens

In one of his most selfless acts of charity to date, professional wrestler John Cena granted a very special Make-A-Wish request for Kevin Owens, allowing the scrappy underdog to “defeat” him at Sunday’s Elimination Chamber event.

“I just really wanted to brighten the kid’s day, you know?” said Cena after the match, during which he let Owens throw him around for a while and then pin him.

Added Cena: “It was so rewarding for me to see his chubby little face light up with glee — that makes it all worthwhile.”

Cena is respected around the world for his tireless work with the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and admits he “couldn’t say no” when asked by Owens’ parents if he would fulfil the NXT champ’s special wish.

“Kevin has always dreamed of being a WWE Superstar like his hero, John Cena, but he never really had the body for it,” said mother Delores Owens. “I just wanted him to feel like he achieved his dream, even if just for a temporary charade.”

Although Make-A-Wish recipients are typically quite ill, an exception was made for Owens because it is generally assumed that, as a heavyset man who frequently moonsaults, he’ll wind up in a wheelchair sooner or later.

Mahonay

Banned
Imagine Austin as a commentator?

Like a Ventura role
I have a feeling he'd just bury everyone.

Personally my vote is for Big Show to finally give up his ring time and go full-time commentator. Although I'm sure Vince is not crazy about having his huge ass at the commentary table. It does look really weird.

Top Bottom