• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Aiii

So not worth it
Western RPG's do little to nothing for me, pretty much everything Bethesda has made in that genre I've played for maybe an hour before not bothering with the rest even though the whole post-apocalyptic thing is right up my alley.

#KingofLean addresses your disdain, poser accusers
xrc75dU.gif

Kaladin

How many RKO's will we get off of ladders?

Going though one of the 8 boxes of Indy stuff I have in my attic. 2002-2008 I had many moments of weakness towards the Indy scene.

I was at one of your FIP DVDs. International Impact Phase Two....amazing show.

Cena was delivering the promo of his career the other night until he had to take shots at Adam Rose fans. Fuck off. I got an Adam Rose shirt, so what?

Kaladin

That was the same promo Cena cuts every time his cage gets rattled. Literally. He just does it less and less so that when he does it people are more impressed that he's actually showing some fire.

kiguel182

• Bearded dudes
    [*]fat
    [*]wearing rusev shirts

He didn't say fat.

It seems more like emo/hipster types.

And maybe they didn't talk to him because they didn't want to bother him. I have done that with famous people, like looking but being like "I would probably bother him if I went there".

Cagey

Banned
That was the same promo Cena cuts every time his cage gets rattled. Literally. He just does it less and less so that when he does it people are more impressed that he's actually showing some fire.

He spoke for 8-10 minutes uninterrupted with few pauses, juggled topics, had energy and passion, didn't flub a single line, reacted to the crowd on-the-fly, built up to a thematic crescendo to make his point about Owens, and the point was quite good for the story.

The only difference between Cena on Monday and your typical god-tier Heyman monologue is you like what Heyman's saying.

kiguel182

I need Tyson and Cesaro to go back to cut promos?

Man, I miss Tyson on NXT being an asshole every week. They lose interest on performers way to fast.

I need Tyson and Cesaro to go back to cut promos?

Man, I miss Tyson on NXT being an asshole every week. They lose interest on performers way to fast.

I'm honestly just glad that Tyson is still employed by the WWE. He's always been a favorite of mine and I figured that he would have gotten the ax years ago.

Sephzilla

He spoke for 8-10 minutes uninterrupted with few pauses, juggled topics, had energy and passion, didn't flub a single line, reacted to the crowd on-the-fly, built up to a thematic crescendo to make his point about Owens, and the point was quite good for the story.

The only difference between Cena on Monday and your typical god-tier Heyman monologue is you like what Heyman's saying.

Did Cena actually straight up admit he lost or did he dance around it in order to basically strawman Owens, like he does any time he gets rattled?

kiguel182

I'm honestly just glad that Tyson is still employed by the WWE. He's always been a favorite of mine and I figured that he would have gotten the ax years ago.

I as never a fan until he turned heel. This persona and promo style is just gold. He could be much more if he was given more time to just cut awesome promos and be an asshole.

They seemed to go that route but then after Mania they simply turned face kinda and now just do the same match every week.

Story of the WWE programming I guess.

Striker

His run with David Hart Smith felt brief, but it was decent. They seemed like they had some sort of direction, then Kidd turned heel and Smith turned into a cowboy. The springboard Hart Attack was a good tag finisher.

Smith is still real young (29), but I'm not sure of his interest in ever returning to the company. In one interview he had, he sounded like he hated the style and tag rules.

Kaladin

He's a good promo....not saying he isn't. But it was literally the same talking points he hits every time. That shtick about the slogans being who he is? That's Cena cannon.

Did Cena actually straight up admit he lost or did he dance around it in order to basically strawman Owens, like he does any time he gets rattled?

He actually did admit Owens was the better wrestler, but didn't like what he said before he came out so he questioned his manhood and said he'd have to explain to his son why he didn't deliver and got his ass kicked by a real man or something like that.

Sephzilla

He actually did admit Owens was the better wrestler, but didn't like what he said before he came out so he questioned his manhood and said he'd have to explain to his son why he didn't deliver and got his ass kicked by a real man or something like that.

So he pretended he didn't lose?

jred2k

Why did Cena make fun of a guy whose son has to be fed through a hole in his stomach? That seems like it betrays at least the L and R of HLR.

Cagey

Banned
Western RPG's do little to nothing for me, pretty much everything Bethesda has made in that genre I've played for maybe an hour before not bothering with the rest even though the whole post-apocalyptic thing is right up my alley.

Same. Western RPGs are the boring, lifeless, fantasy cliche riddled, complicated-without-depth digitized bastard children of Dungeons and Dragons, which is the lowest form of entertainment.

I am managing to enjoy The Wticher 3 right now by providing by own commentary and (mainly) playing cards.

Fallout 3's world and environment kept me hooked enough to ignore the rest of the genre's failings, though.

Sephzilla

I'm finally playing through the Mass Effect trilogy right now and I'd say its one of the only western RPGs I've played that feels like a living breathing world unlike Bethesda's boring worlds

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm finally playing through the Mass Effect trilogy right now and I'd say its one of the only western RPGs I've played that feels like a living breathing world unlike Bethesda's boring worlds
Agreed. Mass Effect is a fun game series. Story and world definitely elevate it.

Zach

I'm excited for Fallout 4.

Yeeeaaah!

The Mass Effect trilogy was pretty great.

And hey, guys. I watched Guardians of the Galaxy last night and it was very good. I'll give it an 8 out of 10. Maybe 7.5. No, let's just give it the generous 8. It was a lot more Star Wars-y than Marvel super hero-y, which I appreciated. Not every bit of cuteness or comedy or cool music worked for me -- and sometimes came off as a hair try-hard-y -- but most of it was a lot of fun. I was very rarely bored, which I am oftentimes during action movies, especially when they have a lot of cutting-edge special effectz.

Anyway, just saying.

imBask

Banned
Why are you mad this time, imbask?

the game looks really bad and I won't settle for old gen graphics, and from what I can understand you can't be that guy without being a graphics nazi

it's the worst looking current gen game so far

Zach

the game looks really bad and I won't settle for old gen graphics, and from what I can understand you can't be that guy without being a graphics nazi

it's the worst looking current gen game so far

But what if it's not so wonky and super sprawling and just a gah dang delight to play? I'm not saying it will be, but I'll reserve judgment. I very much look forward to giving it a go, though.

What's amazing is that there will be countless reveal trailers at E3 of games in development that people will lose their shit over, graphics-wise, knowing in their heart of hearts that it'll never look like that at release - then, when a trailer actually gives a fair representation of a product in the midst of its development cycle, it's shat on for its 'last gen' graphics. It's almost like some people like the cycle of impossible expectations and downgrade outrage.

Personally, I wasn't blown away by the graphics either - it looks a bit rough, but the environments are nicely detailed and, while I'm not totally on board with the art style, there's some refreshing colour choices and an interesting tone to the world that we've seen so far. What's important is the quality of the world building, which should always be the main concern in any open-world RPG. I'd gladly play a game in 2015 that looks like vanilla Morrowind if it offers the same depth and richness as Morrowind.

imBask

Banned
But what if it's not so wonky and super sprawling and just a gah dang delight to play? I'm not saying it will be, but I'll reserve judgment. I very much look forward to giving it a go, though.

I would generally reserve my judgment, but we've had great open world games with better graphics than that, so I have a hard time accepting this as a justification for the bad graphics. And i'm not just talking about Witcher 3... GTA V, Infamous, Shadow of mordor, they all look way better than this trailer and they are all good open world games

Zach

I would generally reserve my judgment, but we've had great open world games with better graphics than that, so I have a hard time accepting this as a justification for the bad graphics. And i'm not just talking about Witcher 3... GTA V, Infamous, Shadow of mordor, they all look way better than this trailer and they are all good open world games

I imagine Fallout 4 will be way more complex and diverse than inFamous. And GTA V probably had the biggest budget ever for a video game, right? I honestly don't know...

Anyway, I'm not saying your criticism is wrong; I'm just trying to consider everything that goes into these thangz. And I'm actually happy that there are dudes who will lash out at this kind of stuff and attempt to keep developers honest, etc. I don't care to do it myself, but it's probably a necessary contention.

I have both Fallout 3 and New Vegas on 360 but haven't played them for more than an hour. Maybe I should give them another try, I even got FO3 the GOTY edition.

...WHY IS KANE IN MITB

WHY KANE

WHY KANE IN 2015

I'D RATHER HAVE FUNKASAURUS OVER KANE
nshFS.gif

Kane should win the Money in the Bank contract.

Lets face it, the guy only ever had one WWE Title run and it was literally only one day long. Guy put in the work, only Rey Mysterio got less of a token WWE title run than he did.
I knew you'd come around eventually Aiii my man.
Since WWE are happy with dumping all over False King Barrett I'm pretty much given no choice but to root for Kane who still remains more relevant than him in 2015.
It's a melancholy feeling.

Zach

I have both Fallout 3 and New Vegas on 360 but haven't played them for more than an hour. Maybe I should give them another try, I even got FO3 the GOTY edition.

Did you buy them at the same time? I don't understand why you'd buy 3, not play it, then buy New Vegas... >_>

Did you buy them at the same time? I don't understand why you'd buy 3, not play it, then buy New Vegas... >_>

I bought them for $8 each with a discount... got lured by the hype and acclaim the games have. I should have waited and got New Vegas GOTY edition too.

Top Bottom