• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

RP912

Banned
fallout33newzoom.jpg

flair-flop-o.gif

I'm still surprised that the AAA industry hasn't tried to exploit this crowdfunding bullshit to the furthest extent possible yet. Imagine how much money Activision would rake in if they Kickstarted the next CoD...

klonere

Banned
I'm still surprised that the AAA industry hasn't tried to exploit this crowdfunding bullshit to the furthest extent possible yet. Imagine how much money Activision would rake in if they Kickstarted the next CoD...

im going to say that your average CoD dude or mom buying it for their kid ISN'T going to pitch in 20bux to be part of the future of Calladooty.

EDIT: I missed the most important word

Zach

That was Wrestlemania XIX

That sounds like the game right before DOR1, WM XIX. Could have been one of the Smackdown games from that era as well but I don't know them that well.

This story mode is fairly by the book, you do some jobber matches until your graduation match against Matt Hardy 2.0, then you get to pick your brand and off you go. RAW's final boss is ripple haitch and SD's is Da Undatakah. The reason it's funny though is that there is a glitch where if you hit too many finishers the opponent becomes immune to them, and it only seems to pop up in the final few single player matches where you need to do a lot to beat them, mainly HHH and his stooge HBK. Booked to reality in many ways.

You guys are geniuses. I remember now. I thought the cover art of WM XIX was so classy and then I played that story mode and was like D:

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hopefully if KotR and EC were successful then we might get Taboo Tuesday and even better, Cyber Sunday one of these days.

You could also do a couple of one off Championship Scrambles or Beat the Clocks.

RP912

Banned
Hopefully if KotR and EC were successful then we might get Taboo Tuesday and even better, Cyber Sunday one of these days.

You could also do a couple of one off Championship Scrambles or Beat the Clocks.

I would unretire if there was a whole event dedicated to beating the clock...I mean EVERYTHING. Promos, matches, and commentary.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
My top 5 "ongoing storylines" in WWE:
1.) Brock Lesnar pissed off at The Authority / Seth Rollins
2.) Kevin Owens being a father and better role model than John Cena
3.) New Day spreading positivity to the world
4.) Sheamus being a heel and hating smaller wrestlers
5.) Daniel Bryan's eventual Shawn Michaels-like return to the ring after injuries

3 Favorite NXT "storylines":
1.) Owens kicking Sami Zayn's ass
2.) Samoa Joe wanting to be the white knight for Sami Zayn and defend his honor by facing Kevin Owens
3.) Tyler Breeze always playing the role of gatekeeper to "top indie" talent WWE hires for the program.

My list

1) The incoming return of Lesnar and wanting to destroy the Authority
2) Reigns + Ambrose Bromance / Chaos Causers Incorporated (Main Event APA 2.0)
3) Kevin Owens' inevitable journey to join the Authority and fight Lesnar / Reigns / Ambrose (and get destroyed by Lesnar if that is who it is)
4) New Day + progressing towards its eventual incorporation of Bo Dallas and becoming the Nation of Inspiration
5a) Sheamus being a heel and yelling "Are you not entertained!". Future Authority goon as well.
5b) Cena's open US challenge (assuming it lasts beyond the KO feud).

Sephzilla

Halo MCC is such an amazing disappointment. Last patch for the game basically broke Halo CE multiplayer because hitting people with the pistol is now borderline impossible. 343's credibility is absolutely shot regardless of whether or not they were the main people who worked on the game.

But don't worry Halo 5 will be fine we swear!

NoRéN

Whenever I see "bodied by heel" it reminds me of those 90s commercial for Body by Jake workout stuff.

Someone should make a Bodied by Heel logo in that style with the cursive font and everything.

Sephzilla

WHAT A GREAT TIME TO BE ALIVE, FRIENDS!

-snip-

I honestly fear for the mental well-being of a bunch of TNA-diehards if the promotion ever finally dies.

Here's another striking TNA-WWE to NWA-WWF parallel! Just like the NWA, TNA became irrelevant as fuck. The best alternatives to mainline WWE are NXT and Lucha Underground (and my only exposure to Lucha is from fucking gifs, which shows what I think of TNA)

Expect it to look something like this:

That design was Inafune's idea though. It's also the moment when I realized he was, in fact, part of the problem and not the solution.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
WHAT A GREAT TIME TO BE ALIVE, FRIENDS!

QKWDCRm.jpg

I honestly fear for the mental well-being of a bunch of TNA-diehards if the promotion ever finally dies.

...JCP NWA was literally the promotion of half the country, sucking up almost all of the southern and midwestern territories and was just as big as the WWF in the mid 80's, though through their own incompetence allowed the WWF to stomp all over them on PPV.

TNA was, for a long ass time, the actual number two promotion in the US and even the world. That's mainly because no one outside of Mexico cares about their wrestling and just how far MMA took Japanese down. It's not anymore, nor has it been for years.

LOL.
SjXXa1R.gif

xVJWpy8.gif

Halo MCC is such an amazing disappointment. Last patch for the game basically broke Halo CE multiplayer because hitting people with the pistol is now borderline impossible. 343's credibility is absolutely shot regardless of whether or not they were the main people who worked on the game.

But don't worry Halo 5 will be fine we swear!
MCC made me hate anything that I previously liked about Halo. Never again. Not even bothering with 5. Thankfully, I got a 30% trade in bonus at Best Buy for that fucking game.

Sephzilla

MCC made me hate anything that I previously liked about Halo. Never again. Not even bothering with 5. Thankfully, I got a 30% trade in bonus at Best Buy for that fucking game.

I played the beta for Halo 5 and it reaffirmed my belief that 343 has no desire to make Halo games that play like the old ones. They seem convinced that "updating Halo" and making it more like every other shooter under the fucking sun is what's going to save the franchise and seem completely oblivious to the fact that Halo's drop off in popularity started when Bungie started making it more like other shooters.

klonere

Banned
are we going to be shopping Kevin Owens face onto Bridget Jones sad eating scenes once he is done his 3 match program with Cena?

Top Bottom