• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Alucard

Banned
That was the same promo Cena cuts every time his cage gets rattled. Literally. He just does it less and less so that when he does it people are more impressed that he's actually showing some fire.

This guy pays attention.

"THIS is why I do THIS!"

Alucard

Banned
Cena always going for the "man" card is also pretty hetero normative and super vague. I wish he would actually go into detail as to what "a man" should be. Would be good for a chuckle and probably sound like lyrics to an 80s hair metal album.

Jimmy Jacobs looking
good

CGhjltsUkAEdnrE.png
Forget about Jimmy. Look at Freebird back there. Looks great.

Zach

I bought them for $8 each with a discount... got lured by the hype and acclaim the games have. I should have waited and got New Vegas GOTY edition too.

Ah, I see. And I only played 3 myself, but it was great stuff. I was really into the post-apocalyptic at the time, though. I think I steered clear of New Vegas because A) I had played the crap out of 3 and was a bit burnt out and B) I heard it had game-breaking bugs or something. Now folks act like it's one of the greatest games ever, so I kinda feel like I missed out, but not really. I'm ready for 4, though. It's been long enough.

As for you, I recommend jumping into either game for a couple of hours. If it doesn't click, give the games to orphans and skip 4, bruddah.

Zach

Should I buy Day of Reckoning (1 or 2)? I hooked the Gamecube up in my room to play through The Twin Snakes again (and Killer7 for the first time... eventually).

BFIB

Sorry guys, way behind here lately, but I just got done watching the SCSA podcast w/ Heyman.

Man, those last 2 minutes were amazing, and a better promo/build towards nothing than WWE spends building actual matches that are going to happen.

I miss the old days. :(

Sephzilla

Sorry guys, way behind here lately, but I just got done watching the SCSA podcast w/ Heyman.

Man, those last 2 minutes were amazing, and a better promo/build towards nothing than WWE spends building actual matches that are going to happen.

I miss the old days. :(

Yeah, it was really amazing how Steve managed to flip a switch and just turn back into Real Ass Stone Cold like that. Honestly though I think Austin/Brock is a bad idea, at least on paper. The match would need to be gimmicked the fuck out in order to make it work since Brock's style just wouldn't mesh with what Austin's body can take

Save Austin for a HHH/Authority feud. Let God King Brock go after Rollins and let those two put on a match of the ages

Day of Reckoning 2 is great. Best WWE game since No Mercy.

I mentioned it in last month's thread, Chris Hero is going to be wrestling at least a 2 hour gauntlet match for ALS. There's still time to donate, if they make it to 2500 it'll bump up to 2.5 hours. It's for a good cause, and even if you hate Hero, you can make his fat ass work out an extra half hour.

http://smash-wrestling.com/als

jred2k

Cena always going for the "man" card is also pretty hetero normative and super vague. I wish he would actually go into detail as to what "a man" should be. Would be good for a chuckle and probably sound like lyrics to an 80s hair metal album.

He means somebody that doesn't have to ask the internet how many cups his household should have.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
My top 5 "ongoing storylines" in WWE:
1.) Brock Lesnar pissed off at The Authority / Seth Rollins
2.) Kevin Owens being a father and better role model than John Cena
3.) New Day spreading positivity to the world
4.) Sheamus being a heel and hating smaller wrestlers
5.) Daniel Bryan's eventual Shawn Michaels-like return to the ring after injuries

3 Favorite NXT "storylines":
1.) Owens kicking Sami Zayn's ass
2.) Samoa Joe wanting to be the white knight for Sami Zayn and defend his honor by facing Kevin Owens
3.) Tyler Breeze always playing the role of gatekeeper to "top indie" talent WWE hires for the program.

imBask

Banned
My top 5 "ongoing storylines" in WWE:
1.) Brock Lesnar pissed off at The Authority / Seth Rollins
2.) Kevin Owens being a father and better role model than John Cena
3.) New Day spreading positivity to the world
4.) Sheamus being a heel and hating smaller wrestlers
5.) Daniel Bryan's eventual Shawn Michaels-like return to the ring after injuries

3 Favorite NXT "storylines":
1.) Owens kicking Sami Zayn's ass
2.) Samoa Joe wanting to be the white knight for Sami Zayn and defend his honor by facing Kevin Owens
3.) Tyler Breeze always playing the role of gatekeeper to "top indie" talent WWE hires for the program.

Top 2 worst storylines :

Everything around the IC title
Everything around the Divas Division

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sekimoto making the call out to Rusev for a BJW Strong Reign. His brother Ettore gave him the digits. 'Bro, you know Lana's dumping you soon and you got nothing better going on'

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know how to feel about Owens debut feud on the main roster being against children in general.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Should I buy Day of Reckoning (1 or 2)? I hooked the Gamecube up in my room to play through The Twin Snakes again (and Killer7 for the first time... eventually).

Both. 1 has the hilarious end of single player glitch where finishers become ineffective RIGHT AROUND THE TIME YOU TAKE ON HBK AND HHH, Irony at its best. DoR2 is overall a better game.

Zach

Both. 1 has the hilarious end of single player glitch where finishers become ineffective RIGHT AROUND THE TIME YOU TAKE ON HBK AND HHH, Irony at its best. DoR2 is overall a better game.

Wait. Did I play these games? I remember an outrageous story mode, where, like, I was wrestling some construction workers or something? It was totally insane. Was that one of these games? >_>

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wait. Did I play these games? I remember an outrageous story mode, where, like, I was wrestling some construction workers or something? It was totally insane. Was that one of these games? >_>

That sounds like the game right before DOR1, WM XIX. Could have been one of the Smackdown games from that era as well but I don't know them that well.

This story mode is fairly by the book, you do some jobber matches until your graduation match against Matt Hardy 2.0, then you get to pick your brand and off you go. RAW's final boss is ripple haitch and SD's is Da Undatakah. The reason it's funny though is that there is a glitch where if you hit too many finishers the opponent becomes immune to them, and it only seems to pop up in the final few single player matches where you need to do a lot to beat them, mainly HHH and his stooge HBK. Booked to reality in many ways.

Top Bottom