• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Kaladin

WrassleGAF Discussion Time

Is Wade Barrett's lack of a significant/meaningful career the biggest failure of WWE Creative ever?

Actually, WWE's biggest failure IMO has to be this guy:

colt-goldman.jpg

The fact that they had someone like Colt Cabana who can instantly form a connection with his audience and has that part of the package that so much of their roster lacks and creative couldn't figure anything to do with him is their biggest failure.

Though, truly...Colt just came along at the wrong time. If he came up now, he would be a bigger deal.

klonere

Banned
How important is being good in the ring with WWE anyway? I think the most praise you could give Cena would be serviceable and maybe versatile (in terms of being able to fit with most other guys)? Then we are looking at Reigns being the future whose moveset is well executed with good physical charisma but still incredibly limited.

zychi

Banned
Actually, WWE's biggest failure IMO has to be this guy:

colt-goldman.jpg

The fact that they had someone like Colt Cabana who can instantly form a connection with his audience and has that part of the package that so much of their roster lacks and creative couldn't figure anything to do with him is their biggest failure.

Though, truly...Colt just came along at the wrong time. If he came up now, he would be a bigger deal.

he should be the comic relief. Not santino, not sandow. etc.

He fits perfectly in that role.

Is Wade Barrett's lack of a significant/meaningful career the biggest failure of WWE Creative ever?

No, it's a failure of Jack Swagger's. Everybody knows if a person gets a bad injury sidelining a push 3 separate times, they're permafucked and not getting a 4th chance. If that clumsy fuck throws him into the barricade even slightly less hard, we're probably talking about former-WWE champ Wade Barrett right now, and I can only hope the ISEC never forgives him for it.

XenoRaven

OK is there some meme I'm not aware of where you can describe a person who cuts promos as a "promo"? I am seeing this "he's a good promo" all the time and I hate it.

klonere

Banned
OK is there some meme I'm not aware of where you can describe a person who cuts promos as a "promo"? I am seeing this "he's a good promo" all the time and I hate it.

I hear it being used lots on Austin, Jericho etc podcasts from wrestlers ergo smarks like us feel fit to use similar terminology. Don't think its a "meme" in the internet sense of the word.

Kaladin

I seriously think Wade Barrett shit in someone's bags or something.

He gets all this mid card exposure, like the IC title and KOTR, but he can't get out of this loosing streak. He must have pissed someone off really bad to have them want him on TV only to job him to everyone.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Wade Barrett doesn't excite me, and I don't see him as a World Champion. In feuds for the title? Sure, but not a champ.

Wade Barrett is just a good mid card heel type. There's always been guys like him around. Not everyone needs or gets world title pushes. Guys like Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude and Razor Ramon were worlds better than him at that role and even they didn't get any real world title pushes in WWF.

JavyOO7

I'm a huge mark for Barrett. I think he's perfect. He's a dude who should be main eventing yesterday. A dude as handsome as he is and can talk great in the mic doesn't need to be in a forever loop of losing in the midcard. /sad

I'm still kind of bitter they didn't give Barrett the strap back in '10 after he got Cena fired during the Nexus angle. Should have been a good couple of months of him and the rest of the Nexus basically taking over Raw with so Cena could have had a big return at the Rumble.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Everything about Wade Barrett screams "midcard." I mean, not a BAD midcarder by any means, but still someone who occasionally gets pinned by R-Truth.

Striker

I'm still kind of bitter they didn't give Barrett the strap back in '10 after he got Cena fired during the Nexus angle. Should have been a good couple of months of him and the rest of the Nexus basically taking over Raw with so Cena could have had a big return at the Rumble.
Orton and Sheamus were too busy feuding over it, boringly.

zychi

Banned
Wade Barrett doesn't excite me, and I don't see him as a World Champion. In feuds for the title? Sure, but not a champ.
He was great on renee's show and the jbl show. I dont get why we dont get those personalities on raw or smackdown? Stop making sd a rerun of raw highlights and put some youtube/backstage stuff there.

I dont get why vince runs raw the way he does. Hopefully it changes once theyre off usa and possibly only on the network where they can do more stuff and not worry about commercial breaks and 3 hours of filler

Kaladin

Sheamus became champ in record time.

Beating D. Bry at mania is what killed him dead though.

Sheamus was a Triple H guy. That's how he rose so fast.

I don't know what happened behind the scenes, but at some point he became yesterday's news and Triple H got himself a new project.

Who is the future of the WWE?

1% King Barrett
My heart

Well biggest is one heck of a statement but I'll at least consider it one of their more notable modern screw ups.

Man made me a fan way back in the Nexus (or even NXT actually) when he was thrown straight in the deep end, opening promo spots, ppv main events, arguably the biggest angle WWE had in 2010. It would be so easy for that to all fall completely flat especially taking the Nexus being rookies into account but Barrett was like the glue that kept that oddball faction together, he had presence on the mic compared to most other midcarders and I think he'd still do well today with some meaningful direction.

Feels like they constantly squander any momentum he gets, Bad News Barrett getting too over? better turn him into a loser King that gains him absolutely nothing!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sycho Sid is AMAZING in 1996. The man can do no wrong. Easily the loudest pops wherever they go. Brutal Big Boots, Crisp Chokeslams, Punishing Powerbombs. His promos are done flawlessly. Even a great bit of stunt driving the week after his debut.

This is the same guy who I never wanted to see again after his dreadful matches and awful promos in 1995.

Sycho Sid is AMAZING in 1996. The man can do no wrong. Easily the loudest pops wherever they go. Brutal Big Boots, Crisp Chokeslams, Punishing Powerbombs. His promos are done flawlessly. Even a great bit of stunt driving the week after his debut.

This is the same guy who I never wanted to see again after his dreadful matches and awful promos in 1995.

If turned a corner on sid.,never liked him,but now I love him

Kaladin

His feud with HBK in late 96 / early 97 was amazing.

Top Bottom