• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Thorakai

I can see Brock annihilate The New Day?

kQaMq7v.gif

...wait Jericho rumor?

jerichoc5lg6.gif

Sephzilla

I can hear Paul already.

"Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Paul Heyman and it is indeed a new day. A new day to eat, sleep, conquer, and repeat."

Kaladin

I wonder if they would cancel the same day house show in Canada and fly the whole roster to Japan.

Naaah that would be crazy.

So I watched ROH tonight, well, slept through the second half.

I can't decide what is the worst part of the presentation, the audio, which was low and muddy, the camera work, which missed a ton of the action, or the lighting, which looked like the show emanated from Stu Hart's Dungeon.
Yep. A lot of people don't want to admit it, but they need at least WWe level of production to watch wrestling. Nothing to be ashamed of thoug.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep. A lot of people don't want to admit it, but they need at least WWe level of production to watch wrestling. Nothing to be ashamed of thoug.

I woke up in time to catch the beginning of TNA. Looked amazing by comparison. Stopped watching after the first match though.

It can often be troublesome for a heel to be truly hated with a smart crowd, but I love it when you get a guy like Dalton who manages to make you forget all that crap and just be a wrestling fan. We've got a few guys like that over here, Jimmy Havoc namely - he's made hating him sort of an event, becoming the guy everyone loves to hate. Comparatively, Mark Haskins is a solid heel, but he's so good in the ring that without a compelling story behind him the crowd sometimes forget he's the bad guy.

I was wondering if Jimmy Havoc was like that in the UK, and I was going to make that comparison, but wasn't for sure if there was a wink and a nod sorta thing going on or if all that heat is real.

Seems like an aprt comparison between the two guys, and not just because both guys have the fans wearing "Die ______ Die" T-shirts.

Heroman

Banned
I hope roh step up their game and doesn't look like they are in a high school gym when they move to destination America.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
See I knew ROH was improving and TNA getting worse when it came to production but the difference back to back is jarring. ROH has a slightly better in ring product week in and week out and no TNA stank on it though, but I doubt I'll ever seriously watch this one hour show.

Kaladin

Sinclair should sell Ring of Honor to Vince and Triple H for a tidy profit. That way Vince can make it the alternative WWE touring brand he wants to turn NXT to and not loose NXT as a developmental system.

Sinclair should sell Ring of Honor to Vince and Triple H for a tidy profit. That way Vince can make it the alternative WWE touring brand he wants to turn NXT to and not loose NXT as a developmental system.
No reason to purchase ROH. They have no exclusive talent, so your just buying a name and their library.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pentagon Jr./King Cuerno/Mil Muertes/Drago(RIP) are cooler than anyone in wrestling right now.

And certainly cooler than anyone on NJPW's roster. Yes. Even Shinsuke. ESPECIALLY Bullet Club.

LOVED LOVED LOVED the EC3 celebration. Kurt's gobsmacked face ruled. Lashley vs. EY was okay. Ditto the Dollhouse skit. Lashley vs. EY was fine, but nothing memorable. Brooke vs. Jade was okay fanservice, while The BDC vs. The Rising wasn't much, but got over a finisher for the faces. The Storm-Mickie stuff got really dark with her being pushed onto train tracks. Everything with Spud and EC3 was great. Wolves-Heels III was pretty good, but not as good as last week's match. The Velvet-Love stuff is fine uninentional comedy. Main event was every other holla holla tag match ever.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...stling-6-3-15-tv-report-wednesday-night-debut

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/sra8fhfx6z27ozzuu29bicvzhnii9mz1

FUCK

Dave said:
Kidd was injured in the match. According to one WWE performer, he suffered a spinal cord injury. He was receiving medical attention after the match was over. WWE's new policy seems to be to attempt to keep all injuries secretive, so there are no official details at press time and it appears to be another injury that nobody is supposed to talk about. Kidd & Cesaro were removed from being booked at the tapings the next night although both were in Houston. The only thing I know is that Kidd expects to be able to make a full recovery from the injury, and he is hoping to be able to avoid surgery. Because of that, we don't know of any timetable.

Lol Vince

An interesting what if, given the value of hindsight. Hiroshi Tanahashi did an interview on Samurai TV on 6/2 and said that in 2007, Gedo had an offer from WWE. He said that they wanted him to play a stereotypical sneaky Japanese character from the 70s so he decided to stay with New Japan, where his booking turned the company around

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Friend Heel, did you know The Game is back for it's final season? Enjoy the Tasha Mack fuckery while we still have it!

No more Muscle Buster.

...And people think the Style Clash is dangerous.

Remember that brief period where Cody was doing the Muscle Buster? Good times.

Super bummed at the Kidd news. Dude was in the middle of the run of his career. Would have liked to see himself and Cesaro tear things up for a few more years. Damn.

Watching Ring of Honor. Like what I'm seeing but the camerawork is pretty struggle. Still looks better than TNA though

A correction from last week: While it was the case that WWE wouldn't touch anyone from TNA, we're told that WWE is looking to find out what dates a few of the good workers in TNA's contracts expire because they are interested in TNA guys, but right now only for NXT. I think it's pretty clear that NXT is lacking good wrestler depth and they are selling it on both a few personalities like Enzo & Cass, and the women, but the key is the great workers and right now there are only a few of them.

One person noted how scary it is when you look at how long so many have been around and how limited they still are. The fans themselves at the Florida house shows are very different than the Northeast, as they fully accept weak matches and have a good time no matter what, so it's a far better environment to work and build confidence, but it's also the difference between performing in front of 200 to 500 people and 2,000 people. They are doing far more with the television show in post-production.

Add Johnny Gargano, Northeast Wrestling's Jimmy Preston and former TNA woman wrestler Taelor Hendrix to the list of people being brought in at the next camp which is next week. WWE is looking at adding more workers because they realize the NXT brand doesn't have the depth needed, particularly with the decision to pull Owens at the same time Itami and Zayn are injured. The negative is the guys NXT is supposed to be for, the guys actually trained from scratch, are falling farther and farther behind and are not progressing anywhere near as fast as they should.

Meltzer on how the preformace center is doing. Trips about to go hard in the paint

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE said:
Which NXT standout has the brightest future in WWE?

Kevin Owens
Finn Bálor
Sami Zayn
Tyler Breeze
Sasha Banks
Charlotte
Becky Lynch
Bayley
Another NXT Superstar or Diva (Add your pick in the comments)

Itami not even listed. Stick a fork in em

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He is probably praying that Lucha Underground does not picked up for a second season because if doesn't he is free again to sign.

He might be happy with doing Lucha Underground and potentially AAA.

If I was Ricochet, I'd probably want Devitt money now.

Top Bottom