• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

JavyOO7

It looks like Roman would most likely win MITB...

Maybe Ambrose beats Rollins in the main event, he celebrates with his good buddy Roman Reigns, and then Roman is like "get wrecked" and superman punches Dean Ambrose to win the title for himself. Then Roman, the heel, faces Bork Laser at Summerslam who will be the face. But in that scenario I wonder where that leaves poor Dean Ambrose. Chases Roman for the rest of 2015? Or will creative forget him and build up an eventual Bork vs Roman match at Summerslam this year or Wrestlemania next year?

I'd love to see Kofi win just for the absurdity of it.

Brosiris

Neo Member
I've had the exact same idea..which means it probably isn't as good as we think it is.

(My own twist was that Wrath would be Paul Heyman, to give Brock a personal stake in the match).

At least it would give his character direction. Give him a ticking clock as he got notches under his sin belt. Also would raise big questions: Who's the next sin? What happens after he gets to the seven sins? What happens if he fails?`

Bray's character was interesting when he seemed to be going SOMEWHERE (as most characters are actually, like say, when Dean actually looks like a contender, or Ziggler is the last survivor). Now he's just... random promo generator. He's not fighting for a title, he's not fighting to get followers, he's not fighting for anything but to fill time.

A swerve for the sake of a swerve is boring. Sometimes predictability is a good thing in wrestling. A big storyline that can last several programs and span a year or more could really get a character like Bray over. Instead, they want something unpredictable just for the sake of it. It's like the LOST ending. They changed it because some fan figured it out and then it ended up being a mess because they had no real direction.

notworksafe

It looks like Roman would most likely win MITB...

Maybe Ambrose beats Rollins in the main event, he celebrates with his good buddy Roman Reigns, and then Roman is like "get wrecked" and superman punches Dean Ambrose to win the title for himself. Then Roman, the heel, faces Bork Laser at Summerslam who will be the face. But in that scenario I wonder where that leaves poor Dean Ambrose. Chases Roman for the rest of 2015? Or will creative forget him and build up an eventual Bork vs Roman match at Summerslam this year or Wrestlemania next year?

I'd love to see Kofi win just for the absurdity of it.

I feel like Roman winning is the only outcome. The rest of the people in that match aren't exactly...inspiring confidence.

Also hey, I'm back. Vita owners can't keep me down!

somedevil

I feel like Roman winning is the only outcome. The rest of the people in that match aren't exactly...inspiring confidence.

Also hey, I'm back. Vita owners can't keep me down!

So your saying you learnt nothing from your last ban and will probably get banned again.

edit: WWE actually commented on the Tyson Kidd injury:

Tyson Kidd sustained an injury while competing in a non-televised match against Samoa Joe last Monday night, June 1, in San Antonio. As the former WWE Tag Team Champion continues to be evaluated, check back with WWE.com for the latest information on Kidd's condition."

Seems like there is no heat on Joe for this as well.

PInk Tape

Banned

tumblr_n2hvqsYInH1qci23co1_500.gif

JavyOO7

Adam Rose and Rosa Mendes on Main Event (5/5)... that post match celebration probably ain't PG and JBL losing his shit over it. =p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
MITB is cowardly though. Definitely not making Roman look strong. And it would defeat his whole 'I earned it' thing they tried to play out with Roman vs Brock.

Do you guys think that Kidd and Cesaro were getting too over with the fans, so a higher up gave Joe the command to shoot? Have to investigate further

Also I wanna see Barrett win the MITB, just so he can fail the cash-in but still give him another "accomplishment"

Have you seen the teen reacts video with Contra? They fucking stink, you'll wipe the floor with them.
They did a teens react to Contra? Man, they're really scraping the barrel now.

Edit: without having seen the video, I'm guessing the whole point is to make it about the Konami Code.

RP912

Banned
One thing I can say about this Super JR tournament...the arenas look interesting. It's like looking at a IRL Fire Pro Wrestling simulator.

Rewatched a little bit of the Super J Cup 2000 this weekend and now i really want to see a new J Cup in the worst way. Been watching some All Japan juniors matches and would love to see them get som3 shine in a tournament like this.

Can we please get ishimori and Sabre Jr in the mix. Jesus this match has happened 8 billion times already.

Hell get dome dragon gate dudes for a tour or 2

CG8s6fMUcAApKDn.jpg

dream

MITB is cowardly though. Definitely not making Roman look strong. And it would defeat his whole 'I earned it' thing they tried to play out with Roman vs Brock.

What if he announces, the very next night, that he is going to cash it in for a match at WrestleMania? That could even give Daniel Bryan fans half a year to figure out how to fuck him out of another title win.

To be fair, I haven't played a Contra game since like the early 90s and I had Super C on my NES and I'm pretty sure that today I would be absolute shit at any Contra game. I tried playing SMB some time back and I was awful, timing and pretty much everything was just completely fucked up.

Really wish I didn't sell my NES to pay my grandmother off for what was already basically my SNES.

Ugh, those "rope physics" are awful, they've been absolute shit ever since they were introduced, if it wasn't for Yuke's it'd be unbelievable that they're still so bad.

Cagey

Banned
After a full 8 hours of daydrinking in the southern sun this Friday, I found NJPW on the "AXS" channel at a friend's place. I put it on, saw it was the Young Bucks, and then immediately passed the fuck out on the couch before nighttime festivities.

I woke up to the other guys, none of whom partake in sports entertainment, sitting around the TV watching NJPW and talking about how Karl Anderson and That Bigger Guy were lazy unathletic boring fat fucks.

Striker

Bray could be amazing face. Just not now though. He needs to stay heel and throw a few curveballs on his character first.
Closest comparison would be face Mankind/Foley or Jake the Snake, and he doesn't sniff the charisma they have.

They ruined his character, which is not surprising.

tm24

Thinking about heading down to Tijuana to see this show

AAA The Crash (FRI) 07/03/2015 Auditorio de Tijuana, Tijuana, Baja California
1) Enigma vs Destroyer, Mosco Negro, Mirage, Black Boy, Star Dragon [The Crash Junior]
2) Daga & Flamita vs Australian Suicide & Rey Horus
3) Aerostar & Fénix vs B-Boy & Famous B
4) Proxino vs Geneio Del Aire, Tony Casanova, Zarco, Ángel Metálico, Mr. Maldito, Jonathan, Búfalo Ayala [mask, hair]
5) ACH vs Pentagón Jr., Bestia 666, Extreme Tiger [Torneo Refacciones del Valle]
6) La Parka & Psycho Clown vs Parka Negra & Zorro'

That segunda/tercera combo is great. The semi is good too

Thinking about heading down to Tijuana to see this show

AAA The Crash (FRI) 07/03/2015 Auditorio de Tijuana, Tijuana, Baja California
1) Enigma vs Destroyer, Mosco Negro, Mirage, Black Boy, Star Dragon [The Crash Junior]
2) Daga & Flamita vs Australian Suicide & Rey Horus
3) Aerostar & Fénix vs B-Boy & Famous B
4) Proxino vs Geneio Del Aire, Tony Casanova, Zarco, Ángel Metálico, Mr. Maldito, Jonathan, Búfalo Ayala [mask, hair]
5) ACH vs Pentagón Jr., Bestia 666, Extreme Tiger [Torneo Refacciones del Valle]
6) La Parka & Psycho Clown vs Parka Negra & Zorro'

That segunda/tercera combo is great. The semi is good too

Looks good, going to get some tickets for it.

tm24

I'm really loving Flamita's tour of mexico right now. Matches with Extreme Tiger, Volador, Rich Swann and we nearly got a Kamaitachi match before it got cancelled

Top Bottom