• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Go Shiozak(c) vs Akebono
7VOUhR4.gif

hMpw4EZ.gif

XmqARKG.gif

XSvJN5R.gif

I think this match does a good job of showing exactly why I like Akebono in AJPW so much and why I like Go nowadays and it's almost the same reason but from different styles of wrestling. Both men show throughout this match that, 'Fuck you, I'm wrestling my way and it's better than your way.' The thing about Akebono in AJPW is that Akebono wrestles like a hoss from the 80s and even the 70s. He wrestles like the guys he grew up watching. He'll adapt and can work with younger guys working a fast paced style, but he's not going fast. He just proves he doesn't need to by firing back just as hard with his slower, heavier offence. Akebono's not moving, YOU move. And it's the same with Shiozaki. Shiozaki sees this much larger opponent, but he wrestles him like he'd wrestle any other. If he's got to hit two lariats to put him down on the ground? Fine. But he's still hitting all his Kobashi spots no matter who his opponent is. Akebono's giant level selling is another thing I enjoy. It's hard to keep a balance. A big guy like that with such a presence should never be selling everything like a junior would, but you don't want to go into that cartoonish realm of Kane or Big Show or some of the other bigger guys out there that can take 8 lariats to wobble. Akebono will wobble after one, Akebono will no sell one, or whatever he decides to do. Hit him with another? He'll go down. It makes for great storytelling in a match because it proves he's able to be hurt, but he's going to be a fucking challenge. Akebono had to hit his super finisher on Go too. It's not a classic, but it's a really great blending of styles match and has some awesome in-ring storytelling. I regret that I wasn't able to see it without know the winner beforehand.

There's two other great looking matches on the card I'll hopefully have time to check out later (Miyahara vs Aoki and Suzuki vs Ishii)

imBask

Banned
Wait Kane is in the MITB match now?

Fuck this.

Just put the strap on Roman already Vince, then when he dies under the pressure and in 3 months jobs the title back to Cena or HHH we can move on.

lol you said strap, you're such a smark

jmdajr

Five things John Cena has never done...

1 Experience an Intercontinental Title reign
2 Rule as WWE King of the Ring
3 Outlast The Undertaker in consecutive WrestleMania matches
4 Defeat Mr. McMahon via pinfall
5 Match Ric Flair’s 16 World Title wins

Poor Sina

Sephzilla

I'm so fucking happy Cena never faced Taker at Mania. You have to imagine that if Brock didn't come back Vince would have had a raging boner to have Cena go over Taker.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If they did a 'modern No Mercy HD' they would just put the current roster in its place and then they would have Yukes trying to recreate the engine.

Which would be fucking hilarious.

RP912

Banned
i still wish EA would have gotten the rights instead

eh....but then again...

It would be cool to see how EA would do the "ultimate team" in WWE games. I can imagine a create a federation with cards of wrestler from back in the day to present time. FUCK why Vince is so goddamn stubborn :(?

TraBuch

Banned
Besides the famous math promo, what're some of Scott Steiner's funniest promos? Just saw one where he called Samoa Joe fat, and the last "HE'S FAT!" had me tearing up.

Sephzilla

eh....but then again...

It would be cool to see how EA would do the "ultimate team" in WWE games. I can imagine a create a federation with cards of wrestler from back in the day to present time. FUCK why Vince is so goddamn stubborn :(?

A WWE game running on the graphics engine they used for UFC or even for the Fight Night games would have been fantastic. Plus EA's face-scan tech would have been a godsend to CAWs

3 arenas, 12 wrestlers for $69.99

6 different DLC pack for wrestlers each including 1 PPV arena
3 pre-order bonus arenas
WWE Ultimate team cards

I said EA not WB

imBask

Banned
A WWE game running on the graphics engine they used for UFC or even for the Fight Night games would have been fantastic. Plus EA's face-scan tech would have been a godsend to CAWs

I said EA not WB

that's pretty much EA too though, Sims 4, Simcity, BF

i'm really salty about the NHL franchise too

RP912

Banned

I said EA not WB

Jeez :(....the amount of shit EA receives, you can't deny the fact that they put effort into some of their sports games. The MMA game that came out during last gen was so slept on it's not even funny. Shame people went with the garbage ass glitchfest UFC games instead...

Sephzilla

2K isn't any better about those things

Jeez :(....the amount of shit EA receives, you can't deny the fact that they put effort into some of their sports games. The MMA game that came out during last gen was so slept on it's not even funny. Shame people went with the garbage ass glitchfest UFC games instead...

Fight Night Round 4 and Fight Night Champion are visually still some of the best looking sports games out there.

imBask

Banned

Fifa is a decent franchise I guess, UFC too

NHL is a hot mess
I don't know about Madden but I hear it's not very good

Sephzilla

NHL is a hot mess

Madden isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but it's obvious that they need some competition to get those guys motivated again

RP912

Banned
that's pretty much EA too though, Sims 4, Simcity, BF

i'm really salty about the NHL franchise too

Sims 4 is ok, SimCity received so much shit than it deserved, and BF4 is understandable. People treat EA like the Deathstar of video game companies instead of seeing the business side of it.

At least they don't go full Activision and pump out the same fucking game, but with an all new hat.

Sometimes, for a few seconds, I pity Yukes because pro wrestling is perhaps the toughest sports game to do right.

But then I think of all the ones who succeeded, and my pity dissolves.

imBask

Banned
Sims 4 is ok, SimCity received so much shit than it deserved, and BF4 is understandable. People treat EA like the Deathstar of video game companies instead of seeing the business side of it.

At least they don't go full Activision and pump out the same fucking game, but with an all new hat.

this is literally the case with the NHL franchise haha, they remove features to put them back in the next year as "NEW FEEEAAATUUUURES"

RP912

Banned
2K isn't any better about those things

Fight Night Round 4 and Fight Night Champion are visually still some of the best looking sports games out there.

Indeed. We need another Fight Night for current gen man :(

NHL is a hot mess

Meh...PES>>>>Fifa

The last great NHL game was 14 honestly. I heard Madden 15 was good compared to 25.

Besides the famous math promo, what're some of Scott Steiner's funniest promos? Just saw one where he called Samoa Joe fat, and the last "HE'S FAT!" had me tearing up.

Nothing will ever top Fat Shamer Scott Steiner for me.

Especially since every time Joe confronted him he turned into the biggest coward in the world

Alucard

Banned
So, my 2-year-old tried to convince me to let her watch TV on a weekday morning by saying "I want to watch Stargate." Good try. She'd seen me watching an episode last night, and I'd mentioned the name of the show twice.

They doing Cody Hall so dirty in NJPW. Razor plz talk to your son :/

Not sure what "they doing him so dirty" means, but Cody's super green - easily the least experienced out of Komatsu, Tanaka & Jay White. It really showed in one of the matches where he tagged with Yujiro, you could see Tiger Hattori basically telling him what to do next. Also, he's gotta pay them young lion dues.

Tournament of Death IX Part 1

Like the borderline jobber that manages to sneak into a MitB ladder match lineup I feel like a man out of his element with no idea what carnage to expect as I dive into something that will make said ladder matches look like a picnic.
Fortunately for the squeamish I know bugger all about gifs making so instead make do with doodles as suggested by Mr. Luchador. Brace yourself for a mess and malformed bodies, that's for both the doodles and the matches by the way.

The doodles are amazing, man. All CZW should be doodle-ized.

RP912

Banned
Not sure what "they doing him so dirty" means, but Cody's super green - easily the least experienced out of Komatsu, Tanaka & Jay White. It really showed in one of the matches where he tagged with Yujiro, you could see Tiger Hattori basically telling him what to do next. Also, he's gotta pay them young lion dues.

I mean not letting him at least get one win. I know he's green, but he has potential to be the next best thing as time progress.

Fox318

Oh damn that's pretty amazing. I hope this kick's WWE up the arse to get more older content out, but it won't. They won't even acknowledge the NWA's service.

They still don't have 1997 raws up.

Network needs a major revamping and new features that isn't new content.

Shit like a video player that allows you to pinpoint timecodes and shareable playlists of events and matches.

I know we will never get view stats or even ratings but I'd want to see them.

And their tagging system sucks. Why the fuck are so many videos untagged??

But maybe they blew their budget on that Jerry Springer show.

Top Bottom