• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Has a tattooed person I am happy to finally see some representation of my people in non-wrestling roles on WWE television. I find it deeply troubling but not at all surprising that Data West is upset by Corey Graves' position within the broadcast team of WWE original content.

Hasney

Complaining about lack of classic content on WWE Network when no one, including the people complaining, actually watches it.

kGfoq.gif

I watched every attitude Raw and then unsubscribed. Will be back when they have something I want to watch.

Want to share a little life goal/dream that I recently achieved, friends.

A long time ago, I told myself that if/when I purchase a home, I would have a room and table with a chess set permanently set up and ready to play at any time. While it's in a room with other stuff, it still counts. Life goal achieved!

Pretty happy. Small but important to me. :)

That's awesome

Want to share a little life goal/dream that I recently achieved, friends.

A long time ago, I told myself that if/when I purchase a home, I would have a room and table with a chess set permanently set up and ready to play at any time. While it's in a room with other stuff, it still counts. Life goal achieved!

Pretty happy. Small but important to me. :)

Alucard, I hate to break it to you, but chess matches are as worked as American Gladiators, roller derby, Chopped, sumo wrestling, and pro wrasslin'.

However, if you want the most shoot of combat sports, you need to start watching horse wrestling.

(Please keep your Lillian Garcia jokes.)

CHANzVSUgAANLNb.jpg

Day 2 of the SPLX ‪#‎SSS16‬ is now up at ‪#‎DemandProgress‬! Tournament quarters, semis and final plus a 5-man scramble, PROGRESS Tag Title match and the first EVER women's match on a Chapter as Pollyanna battles Jinny in an absolute war!
Not signed up to Demand Progress? £4.99/month for UNLIMITED access to ALL our shows + ‪#‎ProgressOriginals‬. Get involved at demand-progress.com!

/shill

Fox318

CHANzVSUgAANLNb.jpg

Day 2 of the SPLX ‪#‎SSS16‬ is now up at ‪#‎DemandProgress‬! Tournament quarters, semis and final plus a 5-man scramble, PROGRESS Tag Title match and the first EVER women's match on a Chapter as Pollyanna battles Jinny in an absolute war!
Not signed up to Demand Progress? £4.99/month for UNLIMITED access to ALL our shows + ‪#‎ProgressOriginals‬. Get involved at demand-progress.com!

/shill

That shot makes it look like a ladder match for a projector

Alucard

Banned
Chess boxing is a thing? Whoa. Kill a piece and get a shot at your opponent? Assuming the piece killed would determine the type of punch allowed.

Chess boxing is a thing? Whoa. Kill a piece and get a shot at your opponent? Assuming the piece killed would determine the type of punch allowed.

Not exactly. You alternate rounds of chess and boxing: 11 rounds, 6 rounds of chess and 5 rounds of boxing. Each round lasts 3 minutes. You win by KO, TKO, checkmate, exceeding time limit during the chess rounds, DQ due to inactivity, or opponent resignation. To break a tie, fighter winning boxing points ins the match. If that's tied, fighter with the black chess pieces wins.

Kaladin

Friends, I hope you entered for a chance to win a MITB briefcase with a contract for a championship match signed by Paul Levesque.

11351179_905422896168262_5623400555767700851_n.jpg

I entered btw...and you have to say "Yes, I understand that this contract is for promotional use only."

Friends, I hope you entered for a chance to win a MITB briefcase with a contract for a championship match signed by Paul Levesque.

11351179_905422896168262_5623400555767700851_n.jpg

I entered btw...and you have to say "Yes, I understand that this contract is for promotional use only."

So I can cash it in to cut a promo?

Alucard

Banned
Never watched Star Trek Voyager before. Watching a random episode. This is some weird stuff. An android woman trying to figure out how to act on a first date, and another alien millennial being drunk at a party taking place on a ship. Is this supposed to be a comedy?

Kaladin

Never watched Star Trek Voyager before. Watching a random episode. This is some weird stuff. An android woman trying to figure out how to act on a first date, and another alien millennial being drunk at a party taking place on a ship. Is this supposed to be a comedy?

Oh....you think that is bad, watch the episode titled "Threshold".

Alucard

Banned
Oh....you think that is bad, watch the episode titled "Threshold".

Eh, it's on the Space network right now. My 2-month-old is asleep, and my wife is out with our first daughter. Just watching whatever's on. Never got into Star Trek on any level, so just getting a taste. This is pretty ridiculous but oddly enjoyable.

Kaladin

Eh, it's on the Space network right now. My 2-month-old is asleep, and my wife is out with our first daughter. Just watching whatever's on. Never got into Star Trek on any level, so just getting a taste. This is pretty ridiculous but oddly enjoyable.

Voyager is the worst Star Trek series, by far. Sometimes you could almost consider it a parody.

Alucard

Banned
Voyager is the worst Star Trek series, by far. Sometimes you could almost consider it a parody.

There's no way this bald guy would ever be able to have a relationship with this attractive pseudo-humanoid woman.

So yeah, I can see why this would be a parody.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

A commemorative replica signed contract? That has to be a first.

Sephzilla

There's no way this bald guy would ever be able to have a relationship with this attractive pseudo-humanoid woman.

So yeah, I can see why this would be a parody.
Those are the two best and most romantically compatible characters on that show, just for perspective

Alucard

Banned
Those are the two best and most romantically compatible characters on that show, just for perspective

I didn't mind either person as a character, really. Everything just felt a little hokey. Eh, it wasn't offensive, but I doubt I'll be going out of my way to watch more episodes.

Fox318

* Sheamus vs. Randy Orton
Plus the rematch everyone wants:

Who looks at those two together and thinks its a good match up? It has to be more people than Vince right?

I can't imagine the talent like working together and I'm pretty sure both have enough sway to get out of that match.

They just don't work well together.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Coach ‏@CMPunk 31m31 minutes ago
Coach retweeted Sara Conroy
Shout out to Edge for being the only guy not afraid to put over young talent at the time. (JBLtoo)

thought he didnt talk about wrestling anymore

RP912

Banned
I'm surprised there's not a Sheamus/Orton sad/happy face jpg up by now, because these dudes had more matches than Sheamus/Del Rio...

iMax

Coach ‏@CMPunk 31m31 minutes ago
Coach retweeted Sara Conroy
Shout out to Edge for being the only guy not afraid to put over young talent at the time. (JBLtoo)

thought he didnt talk about wrestling anymore

only because nobody's talking about him anymore

Fox318

Oh its a thing alright. The images that come out of the gyms are always amazing

Pmk2Q8nl.jpg

vHIHUt4.jpg

XlrwUPG.jpg

Also you should get Tabletop simulator to play some of the chess variantes people have uploaded like:

Is it the best chess app no

But you can do this

1jvu5bE.gif

Top Bottom