• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Raw64life

It honestly requires way more patience than I think Vince and the current creative team have. They'd need to semi-quietly get a guy up to like 5 or 6 Mania wins or so before suddenly making it any kind of big deal.

Knowing Vince, Balor would win his debut at Mania and have Cole scream "HAVE WE WITNESSED THE BIRTH OF A NEW STREAK?!"

Imagine Balor doing his entrance at 55 years old.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
tumblr_inline_n55kl3CDfN1sytzsq.gif

I live, friends

Watched the FWA British Uprising show from 2002, this was a pretty big deal at the time and it's interesting to see how it's aged - pretty well in some cases (Robbie Brookside vs Drew McDonald, Doug Williams vs Jerry Lynn, Johnny Storm vs AJ Styles) and really badly in others (everything else). The main event was nuts, though. A shit excuse for a wrestling match, complete with Russo-esque run-ins, but the spots were just reckless enough for me to give a shit. Also, this was a hugely iconic moment for British wrestling in the early 2000's;

YGB7RJk.gif

I feel like this was shown over and over again on TWC back in the day.

I've always wondered if someone had a winless streak and it was booked as such, would they get over with the crowd if they kept getting close to winning but kept losing due to cheap wins and the like?

Sephzilla

I've always wondered if someone had a winless streak and it was booked as such, would they get over with the crowd if they kept getting close to winning but kept losing due to cheap wins and the like?

latest

Wasn't that Barry Horowitz?

This counts too I guess. He was more just a jobber who had a really stupid but memorable gimmick though.

874388_o.gif

I'm actually really happy I'm not the only one who remembers Barry Horowitz though

lol, attempt #237. Good luck with that, you fuckup.

re: scott hall

guess what: addiction is a tough habit to break. it takes a bunch of attempts before you start to get a decent handle on it.

does it make you feel good to be like 'lol alcoholics are losers, who cars if he lives or dies anymore'? nasty mean spirited comments, but you're not the only one.

just saying this in case you ever encounter this situation in real life. maybe don't chime in with 'lol you fuck up' cos it actually doesn't help in my experience, if that is even your motivation.

on the other hand taking to twitter every time invites callous internet people to chime in i guess. i dunno how many tries he's actually had but wasn't he doing pretty well there for like at least a year? that's pretty big, maybe he's actually making progress.

Fox318

What always amazes me about shows like that is they always seem to have so few people there.

I feel like I'd want more money or people there if I was going to fuck up my body like that.

Corpsepyre

Banned
What always amazes me about shows like that is they always seem to have so few people there.

I feel like I'd want more money or people there if I was going to fuck up my body like that.

CZW attracts way more people for their deathmatch and regular shows. IWA East Coast is quite a small company. Plus, I doubt this sort of wrestling is that famous to begin with.

Top Bottom