• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Sblargh

Banned
WWE is polling about which new features are wanted on the Network. Here are some options

That multiple camera angle thing sounds really neat. Most of these should have been there from the beginning though.

Last one sounds neat and editor's pick is how I view the live stream. The rest should already exist. I wonder how detailed is detailed information. Wonder if there will be some kind of write-in about storylines.

Hasney

Damn yo. I'm no fan of Zack Ryder, but I can see what Curt Hawkins saying about the locker room after he was buried being very true:

"The worst part of that whole thing is that it really kind of broke the spirit of the locker room. For years, we were told in all these pep talks that there's a brass ring, you've gotta reach for it and it's there for the taking if you work hard enough and get yourself over. And he did it; he defied the odds and actually does it, and all the boys are rooting for him, like 'Oh wow, this is cool as sh*t. This has never been done before.' He got over without the office, without TV time. It was pretty mind-blowing. And then they did just crush it and take it all away from him. To me, I felt the example that set for the rest of the boys was pretty brutal, because then it's like it almost feels hopeless. It's like, you're not going to get pushed unless they pick you to get pushed, and that's kind of it. I thought, above all, that message they sent to the boys was the worst part. They crushed the spirits of a lot of people, like 'Okay, so my hard work here isn't going to pay off, huh?'"

Aiii

So not worth it
Damn yo. I'm no fan of Zack Ryder, but I can see what Curt Hawkins saying about the locker room after he was buried being very true:

"The worst part of that whole thing is that it really kind of broke the spirit of the locker room. For years, we were told in all these pep talks that there's a brass ring, you've gotta reach for it and it's there for the taking if you work hard enough and get yourself over. And he did it; he defied the odds and actually does it, and all the boys are rooting for him, like 'Oh wow, this is cool as sh*t. This has never been done before.' He got over without the office, without TV time. It was pretty mind-blowing. And then they did just crush it and take it all away from him. To me, I felt the example that set for the rest of the boys was pretty brutal, because then it's like it almost feels hopeless. It's like, you're not going to get pushed unless they pick you to get pushed, and that's kind of it. I thought, above all, that message they sent to the boys was the worst part. They crushed the spirits of a lot of people, like 'Okay, so my hard work here isn't going to pay off, huh?'"

!642-best-of-2012-world-tour.jpg

hi.

Aiii

So not worth it
Really? Any reports?

It wasn't that bad:
Observations:

•Hot crowd
•Some good matches
•Too many ECW references (even if some were subtle)
•Most annoying wrestling crowd I've ever seen - I will agree with Lance Storm from now on about fans trying to get themselves over. Some of the crap they chanted and their timing was straight up disrespectful.

Examples:

-"Chris Benoit" during MVP/King vs. Roode/EY
-"Cena's better" and "You can't wrestle" at Lashley
-"CM Punk" randomly during matches
-"We are awesome" - I know other crowds have done it, but they came off more unlikable
-"Your side sucks" - In reference to our side.. You know, the media side. Well, I don't think there were that many media members on my side except for us and one other journalist, but still...

Vylash

I'll give them a pass, because if you're at a TNA event, you have to entertain yourself to keep from committing suicide, but fuck that Chris Benoit chant

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, the X Division match sounds like it was actually good, and I'm all for Hardy being back. Wolves vs. Hardys incoming at some point? Could be good.

Buuut...not going to get invested until I hear good things all the way through BFG in Tokyo.

Hey Zack, we heard a rumor on the internet that you're pretty popular on the interent and youtube. So we're going to bury you and push the internet. Internet seems to know what's up. Youtube deals and twitter deals. Might even do an online WWE Network service.

Thanks for your time Zack.

Or ya' know, a worker is working his audience. After all, what better way to get a lot of extra signed 8x10's and photographs at a local indy show than appeal to the smart marks who think Zach Ryder could've been a long-term main eventer than make up some crap about how the backstage area is so depressed that Zach blew his shot.

When in doubt, when a wrestler is talking, assume he's lying.

Cagey

Banned
A smark crowd at Hammerstein was full obnoxious assholes who tried to get themselves over with random and inappropriate "lol we made wrestling references" chants? Well you don't say.

JesseEwiak said:
After all, what better way to get a lot of extra signed 8x10's and photographs at a local indy show than appeal to the smart marks who think Zach Ryder could've been a long-term main eventer than make up some crap about how the backstage area is so depressed that Zach blew his shot.

You must have a pretty low opinion of "smart marks" if you think they'll be buying Curt Hawkins merch out of sympathy for Zack Ryder. Jeez.

JesseEwiak said:
could've been a long-term main eventer

Approximately NO ONE is, or has ever suggested that. Stop exaggerating for effect.

Striker

He said the same thing about Sandow. This extreme exaggeration he thinks people have about every guy who they bury like hell for no reason whatsoever is terrible.

alstein

I'll give them a pass, because if you're at a TNA event, you have to entertain yourself to keep from committing suicide, but fuck that Chris Benoit chant

MVP sometimes does the crossface, maybe that caused it. (MVP even took it from Benoit- as Benoit was a big influence on MVP when he was in WWE)

bjork

Does TNA alter crowd cheers like WWE has done in the past? I can't remember. I doubt there's any other way to control it, it's not like they could kick the crowd out for chanting dumb shit. Kinda wish that trend would stop, though.

On the "this needs to go away from wrestling" list: Trying to get a rub from ECW by trotting out the same four or five guys over and over. We're closing in on 20 years since the last time ECW was relevant and bringing something different to wrestling, and almost 10 years since Vince already stripped the corpse bare. Just let it go.

strobogo

Banned
Does TNA alter crowd cheers like WWE has done in the past? I can't remember. I doubt there's any other way to control it, it's not like they could kick the crowd out for chanting dumb shit. Kinda wish that trend would stop, though.

On the "this needs to go away from wrestling" list: Trying to get a rub from ECW by trotting out the same four or five guys over and over. We're closing in on 20 years since the last time ECW was relevant and bringing something different to wrestling, and almost 10 years since Vince already stripped the corpse bare. Just let it go.

They have heavily, terribly employed the Smackdown Sound Machine for years. It was really bad during the Hogan/Bischoff era.

I planned out a fairly long ride today. Around 25 miles. I go to my bike only to find my back tire was completely flat. I thought it was strange since I rode 27 miles yesterday and it was just fine. I aired it up and took it on a quick lap around the neighborhood. It seems to be holding air fine. Then a very dense fog settled in as I was about to leave. Now it appears to be raining even though it wasn't supposed to and it doesn't seem like there are rain clouds away.

IS IT POSSIBLE the gods themselves are telling me not to ride today? Unrelated (but maybe related, who knows), a humming bird flew right next to my head for a few seconds, looked at me, then darted off. They're so fucking fast. I could totally see someone thinking it was an alien/ghost/mini ufo if they didn't get a good look at it. It makes no sense how fast they can move, the distance they can cover in a short time, and the weird angles they do it at.

ancient-aliens-is-such-a-thing-even-possible-yes-it-is-Giorgio-Tsoukalos-aliums-1351596245T.gif

Hasney

Man, I wish they kept Evan for just one more PPV pay day with how weak the ladder matches are looking.

fTVIGQj.jpg

EDIT: Next NXT event after the Breeze/Neville match should have a MITB match. Zayn, Tyson, Kalisto, Breeze/Neville (depending on champion), Cassidy (as your token big man) and someone else that isn't Mojo.

Aiii

So not worth it
How are they looking weak?

Kofi can do flippety stuff, RVD too, though a bit slower. Ziggler does flippetyflopping 99% of the time even without ladders too.

Hasney

Well the title one does outside of Cesaro hopefully uppercutting someone the fuck off the ladder.. Probably right that the briefcase one could be good since Seth will kill himself too on top of that.

Hasney

Shovel Knight's really fun. Focuses on gameplay instead of 'emotional resonance'

Post made me look into it more, found everything about it to be glowing, went to buy eShop credit and was told it's been delayed in Europe. Friggin' Nintendo.

Might get it on Steam tonight, but I was looking forward to either portable or off-TV play.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched "Silly me and my butterfingers!" again this morning. This day is all right. So fucking funny.

Bo Dallas is proving to be a lot more fun than I ever thought he could be.

Aiii

So not worth it
Watched "Silly me and my butterfingers!" again this morning. This day is all right. So fucking funny.

Seriously, this guy really found his stride. Good on him.

(I have watched him getting carted around by campus security way too many times, lol every time)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, this guy really found his stride. Good on him.

(I have watched him getting carted around by campus security way too many times, lol every time)

You keep thinking the segment will overstay its welcome, but then it doesn't and it's STILL fucking funny. I love it Maggle!

Bandini

Did you watch his segment from Main Event this week? "Women... they are mysterious creatures!"

Killed me.

Kaladin

I think I might give TNA a shot with the NYC Impacts.

Does tonight's taping include a "live" episode or is it just picking up where last night's left off?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did you watch his segment from Main Event this week? "Women... they are mysterious creatures!"

Killed me.

I hope whoever is writing for Bo (or if it's himself) NEVER stops. It's perfect. He's so goddamn amazing.

Aiii

So not worth it
I hope whoever is writing for Bo (or if it's himself) NEVER stops. It's perfect. He's so goddamn amazing.

I wonder how much of it is Bo himself.

Again, during him being held down in the cart at one point he yells out "I NEED TO PEE" and you can hear all the "guards" corpsing right away.

Snaku

Banned

That's so depressing.

dream

Its like hardy's bumptaking seem more cringeworthy than awesome in recent times.

I think that might be because our expectations are so low these days, thanks to being in an era where nobody falls 20 feet or dives onto concrete anymore. :(

RP912

Banned
That's so depressing.

Tell me about it. It's like wrestlers can't even take initiative to get over...but according to the wwe you got to get the support of the fans to get over....yet when you try to do such things beyond the machine they punish you for it.

Such logic.

Entropia

No One Remembers
WWE is polling about which new features are wanted on the Network. Here are some options
-"Bookmarking" programs to pick up later where you left off

-"Watch list" that allows you to select shows to watch in the future (similar to Netflix Instant Queue)

-"Recommendations" for shows you may enjoy based on what you have already watched

-"Editors Picks" list of shows to watch programmed by WWE's own staff

-"What's Hot" listing of the most watched programs on WWE Network

-"What am I watching?" feature telling you detailed information on the program you are watching with the click of a button

-Multiple cameras choice feature which allows you to select different camera angles for viewing.
That multiple camera angle thing sounds really neat. Most of these should have been there from the beginning though.

Bookmarking should've been in at launch.
Watch List should've been added by now.
Recommendations should've been added by now.
Editor's Pick I don't think has a ton of value. It'd probably be flavor of the month shit (i.e. when Batista came back it'd be all Batista shit)
What's Hot? Again, not sure I see huge value in this.
"What Am I watching?" should have been in at launch.
Multiple Camera Angles is a new feature that I could see being added in. But would that only apply to more recent items? Or does WWE have all of the alternate angles for viewing available?

RP912

Banned
I think that might be because our expectations are so low these days, thanks to being in an era where nobody falls 20 feet or dives onto concrete anymore. :(

True...its like what more can wrestlers do nowadays that'll blow minds. Hell just a few years back edge was wrapping barbed wire around Tommy Dreamer's throat. It's weird during the whole Hardy/Aries ladder match for the title a while back I found myself bored with the spots.

It could also be the shitty production from TNA which makes spots look meh as all hell.

jmdajr

Bookmarking should've been in at launch.
Watch List should've been added by now.
Recommendations should've been added by now.
Editor's Pick I don't think has a ton of value. It'd probably be flavor of the month shit (i.e. when Batista came back it'd be all Batista shit)
What's Hot? Again, not sure I see huge value in this.
"What Am I watching?" should have been in at launch.
Multiple Camera Angles is a new feature that I could see being added in. But would that only apply to more recent items? Or does WWE have all of the alternate angles for viewing available?

Rating system would be good. 1 to 5 stars.

Top Bottom