• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Meanwhile in the Ultra SF4 thread....

3ATOSEd.jpg

There's a lot of horsing around in GAF these days it seems.

Also, I'm getting Adam Cole vibes from the Seth turn. Dunno why.

jred2k

This turn came at a very good moment. It injected fuel into the product. Maybe this power of June thing is real.

Shield/Evolution has really been the only consistently good thing since WM. The main title scene still has Kane and a stretcher match of all the fucking things.

Sblargh

Banned
Shield/Evolution has really been the only consistently good thing since WM. The main title scene still has Kane and a stretcher match of all the fucking things.

Yeah, but now it really stole the spotlight and it's good because the spotlight was pointing at stuff that was falling flat.

D-Bry's title run need that spotlight going when he has a good opponent and physical health.

KissVibes

Banned
I don't wanna see Bray feud with heels. How would that even work and still maintain the atmosphere he sets? I bet they have him teaming with santino and shit. Doing spooky cobras or whatever.

Sblargh

Banned
Oh man, Total Divas, them feels.

Cameron's face turn tolding Vinnie she loves him. This was two seasons in the making, remember how we hated her because of how she treated him. It all worked out in the end. :,)

And Bryan crying while exchanging vows. Those two are so genuinely in love.

Goddamn, wrasslin'. So many feels.

I don't wanna see Bray feud with heels. How would that even work and still maintain the atmosphere he sets? I bet they have him teaming with santino and shit. Doing spooky cobras or whatever.

He could always feud with faces that people are booing and/or about to turn.

Bray is WWE's mixed reactions go-to guy.

What did Taker do to turn face?

Originally? He saved Miss Elizabeth from being hit by a steel chair by Jake Roberts.

Macho Man beat Roberts at a Saturday Night's Main Event in February 1992. Roberts went behind the curtain and waited for Miss Elizabeth to come through to nail her with a chair. Right as he was about to swing, Undertaker showed up and pulled the chair back.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Syuri needs to do something about her Dora haircut or she's never gonna get her imaginary waifu spot back from Yasukawa. I can't even be bothered to make a picture of it. It just makes me sad.
XLtipGS.jpg

jmdajr

Originally? He saved Miss Elizabeth from being hit by a steel chair by Jake Roberts.

Macho Man beat Roberts at a Saturday Night's Main Event in February 1992. Roberts went behind the curtain and waited for Miss Elizabeth to come through to nail her with a chair. Right as he was about to swing, Undertaker showed up and pulled the chair back.

So the Evil dead man had some moral code. Guess we need to figure this out for Bray.

I mean, he's nice to kids!

KissVibes

Banned
WWE should have Nikki drive the ambulance that has the stretcher in it, helping Kane so her man can get the title back from Kane, and then the RAW after Cena can shame her publicly. Then do absolutely nothing but challenge Kane for the title, win it and never give Bryan a rematch.

Weeks ago, Mr. Current Events

I already cried all the muscle tears, no need to get upset.

I just got a text telling me one of the local promotions was thinking about booking him, I thought it happened last week or somethin'

Also saw that Oliver Grey was cut, in addition to Eddie's kid. again.

Sucks for Rryan and Gray, I guess. But maybe Grey will be resigned in the future. He's only 27.

According to Meltzer, the Bryan/Kane match or the World Title MITB match is a shoot thing. They actually don't know if Bryan will be back for it, and will do the money in the bank match if not.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
According to Meltzer, the Bryan/Kane match or the World Title MITB match is a shoot thing. They actually don't know if Bryan will be back for it, and will do the money in the bank match if not.

I've been wanting shoot gimmick matches for a while but I'm afraid that's not what you mean, so I'll sulk some more.

Still want a legit shoot coal miner's glove match.

Toki767

Isn't he still scheduled to face HHH like 2 weeks later at the MSG house show? It's pretty stupid that they'd strip him of the title if he only needed two more weeks to recover.

What makes this depressing is that he'll probably come back, early if he has to, because he doesn't want to lose the title and be out of the picture. Yay, WWE.

I'd love to see Bryan wrestling live on the big stage come MITB, but I don't know that I want to see a continuation of this Kane feud with a stretcher match of all things.

I'm really not sure how I want this to play out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I know a lot of people are "tired of people talking bad about Daniel Bryan"
DUNKIN'
but I hope Bryan lets go of the titles for a bit ASAP. He's been clinging to them and honestly devaluing their importance sitting on them.

I know some of you will handwave and say "not this shit again" but I think it's valid. Time's ripe for a goddamn tournament, goddammit.

EDIT: Blame lies with booking for some of it, Summer of Kane is a mistake and it shows.

KissVibes

Banned
As a massive Bryan mark, he should totally let the titles go. He can take the summer off, get a little cut, grab a haircut or rock a top knot, come back and sweep house or elevate someone though WM season.

I wanna see motherfuckin' KING OF THE RING return. Winner is new champion.

The reality, unfortunately is that Bryan will probably never win the WWEHC again and that Cena would win KotR because IIRC he never has.

Edit: I still do understand what Alex Riley was doing there. Was he trying to demask Rey?

Vylash

I know a lot of people are "tired of people talking bad about Daniel Bryan"
DUNKIN'
but I hope Bryan lets go of the titles for a bit ASAP. He's been clinging to them and honestly devaluing their importance sitting on them.

I know some of you will handwave and say "not this shit again" but I think it's valid. Time's ripe for a goddamn tournament, goddammit.

EDIT: Blame lies with booking for some of it, Summer of Kane is a mistake and it shows.

The problem is who in the hell do you put the titles on? Cena? Fuck no that would be a disaster. Orton? That's already been proven to be a failure. Cesaro? Nowhere near ready. Brock? Not around nearly enough for that to be a good idea. Wyatt would have been a good choice if they didn't just fucking feed him to Cena. There's nobody because their roster is so pathetically thin, Bryan needs to lose to a heel cash in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As a massive Bryan mark, he should totally let the titles go. He can take the summer off, get a little cut, grab a haircut or rock a top knot, come back and sweep house or elevate someone though WM season.

I wanna see motherfuckin' KING OF THE RING return. Winner is new champion.

The reality, unfortunately is that Bryan will probably never win the WWEHC again and that Cena would win KotR because IIRC he never has.

Edit: I still do understand what Alex Riley was doing there. Was he trying to demask Rey?

I do think a tournament w/Bryan sweeping would do nothing but good things for him and the belts.

jred2k

The problem is who in the hell do you put the titles on? Cena? Fuck no that would be a disaster. Orton? That's already been proven to be a failure. Cesaro? Nowhere near ready. Brock? Not around nearly enough for that to be a good idea. Wyatt would have been a good choice if they didn't just fucking feed him to Cena. There's nobody because their roster is so pathetically thin, Bryan needs to lose to a heel cash in.

Just give them to HHH and let him hold them for the rest of time.

Sblargh

Banned

That's my take on it, too. Word by word.

Bryan is really doing nothing with the titles. I think a lot of Bryan fans (in this thread at least) are not against the idea of Bryan losing the titles (we are against the idea that Bryan "dropped the ball" and so deserves to be out of the title picture for a while because of a lot of stuff beyond his control). The problem really is that nobody else deserves it; because Bryan and Brock at the only two stars left.
Cena only shows up to derail stuff, Punk is gone, Cesaro and The Shield are solid top-midcarders building their characters for the future, as they should and people coming from NXT also should be in the midcard a while to prevent "shoot for the moon / fail / gone to Superstars, all in six months".

Unless they debut an actual superstar that can shook everyone, I don't see the title being better on anybody's hand. Might as well give it to Kane to create nuclear heat and make a hero out of whoever beats him because WWE doesn't even have anywhere they can steal talent from since whoever they debut will be less famous than 3MB.
-
It's a sad roster full of talented people who weren't protected the slightes because there is only one person in the company who is protected. Yeah, that's right, I'm blaming it all on Cena.

Top Bottom