• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

strobogo

Banned
All of JR's weird opinions on women and black folk (and anyone not white, really) can easily be heard on his commentary over the years. So weird that no one really noticed. Especially with black wrestlers.

Vylash

Total Divas is the best, they seriously said that they managed to win the crowd back after the streak ended, this is perfection

Anyone who willingly subjects themselves to WWE shows 3 days in a row would never own up to it

Wait, what...

tumblr_mo6c3wc3cp1sup09vo1_500.jpg

Alucard

Banned
All of JR's weird opinions on women and black folk (and anyone not white, really) can easily be heard on his commentary over the years. So weird that no one really noticed. Especially with black wrestlers.

But...they're just naturally athletic, stro!

Heel

Supposedly Bray is gonna be on SD tonight. They had an ad for him on the post show last night. Unless I'm misremembering.

Minnappalas...we heah.

Wanna know a secret, Jahn? Sissa Abigail whispered in my ear and she said 'You will be tested.' Jahn, we KNEW this would HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPEN Jahn.

(various singing)

You may, have, buried me, Jahn, like all the othas...

(WrassleGAF: "WOW, so GOOD! Is he shooting?")

...but I looked in your eyes, and I saw something evil growing, deep inside of you JAHNNNNNNNNNN!

(one frame of a man in a farm animal mask)

strobogo

Banned
Minnappalas...we heah.

Wanna know a secret, Jahn? Sissa Abigail whispered in my ear and she said 'You will be tested.' Jahn, we KNEW this would HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPEN Jahn.

(various singing)

...but I looked in your eyes, and I saw something evil growing, deep inside of you JAHNNNNNNNNNN!

iboLvIj7b01hKb.gif

Minnappalas...we heah.

(various singing)

This is so accurate it's scary, friend.

But you forgot the 5 minutes of singing a single line before he actually talks.

He does a promo on the Tron about how Sister Abigail warned him this would happen.

Guys, I think Heel is part of WWE Creative.

Gorillaz

The bella twins talking to Eva on Total Divas right now is hilarious. It's the leadup to WM30 and Eva is mentioning how much this moment means since she's been there for a year and already on WM stage, and the twins do a side look like 'no shit' lol

Minnappalas...we heah.

(various singing)

(WrassleGAF:
SaiM2.png
ATjQP.png
"WOW, so GOOD! Is he shooting?"
2an4d.png
)

added some smileys for you friend
low on wrestling ones

Smackdown

* SmackDown opens with Triple H and Seth Rollins coming to the ring to the Evolution music. Rollins is still wearing his gear. Fans boo Rollins and call him a sell out. Triple H says he told us he wins. Rollins takes the mic. Rollins gets a lot of heel heat here but says only he knows why he turned on The Shield. Dolph Ziggler interrupts to a pop. Ziggler calls Rollins a sell out and Triple H seems amused by Ziggler coming out. Triple H announces Rollins vs. Ziggler tonight and Rollins looks at him like he wasn't expecting that.

* Seth Rollins defeated Dolph Ziggler.

* Big Show walks up on Rollins and Triple H backstage, calling Rollins a sell out. Triple H announces Show vs. Randy Orton for later tonight.

* The Usos defeated Ryback and Curtis Axel in a non-title match.

* Rusev squashed Xavier Woods. Rusev now has a huge Russian flag that hangs down above the ring.

* Rob Van Dam vs. Bad News Barrett vs. Cesaro is up next. Paul Heyman is on commentary. Barrett gets the win.

* Bray Wyatt appears on the big screen and cuts a promo about losing at Payback. He says Sister Abigail warned him all this would happen.

* Natalya defeated Alicia Fox. Alicia threw a fit after the match at ringside, tearing up the announce table and threatening the announcers, including Lilian Garcia.

* Bo Dallas defeated Santino Marella. Emma was at ringside.

* Randy Orton vs. Big Show is up next. The match ends when Seth Rollins attacks Big Show. Rollins and Orton beat Big Show up. SmackDown ends with them posing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Taking brother Gorillaz' cue I decided to add Wrasslin ones.

Minnappalas...we heah.
jhBVrPktuyojM_e.jpg

j2C8qMTEuNDs2_e.jpg

(various singing)

(WrassleGAF: "WOW,
jCOlOteVe0Q3b_e.jpg
so GOOD! Is he shooting?
jfppojssULfAe_e.jpg
")

jj3fm8vT4Pa6z_e.jpg

jDT0fYDPAJGA_e.jpg

strobogo

Banned
It's a shame WWE got cold feet on Billy & Chuck getting married.

It really is. They got an audience primarily made up of 18-40 year old males to go from being homophobic to cheering them on at their wedding. Could have been some truly ground breaking programing in all of US television, not just the genre of pro wrestling. Even in 2002, I don't think there had been any portrayals of gay men who were just men who happened to be gay as opposed to fitting into at least a few boxes of stereotypes.

UberTag

WWE programming the next several weeks...

Dolph: You're a sellout, Rollins.
Big Show: You're a sellout, Rollins.
The Shield: You're a sellout, Rollins.

Rollins beats Dolph, Big Show and Ambrose.

Cena: You're a sellout, Rollins.

Cena beats Rollins. Rollins gets tosses out of Evolution. Becomes the next Evan Bourne.

Last I checked all of these guys were getting paid by Hunter. What makes one guy a sellout and the rest of them not? Somebody please educate me on this.

Sblargh

Banned
It's a shame WWE got cold feet on Billy & Chuck getting married.

Yeah, I was thinking that. I kept waiting for the moment it would turn into gay bashing jokes, but never went there. Instead "it was just a publicity stunt". =/

I mean, they managed to avoid a lot of traps that I imagine Vince would be all over just to throw it all away.

jred2k

Cena beats Rollins. Rollins gets tosses out of Evolution. Becomes the next Evan Bourne.

Last I checked all of these guys were getting paid by Hunter. What makes one guy a sellout and the rest of them not? Somebody please educate me on this.

I think the assumption is that he aligned himself with Triple H so that his route towards championships and big contract would be easier. I think basically every wrestler who has ever turned heel to join an authority figure has been called a sellout.

Following the logic you laid out, why wouldn't HHH just fire them all and be done with it?

PInk Tape

Banned

I guess he's considered a sellout because he "stabbed" his partners in the back and went on to join Evolution, which is led by the COO of the company, Triple H. When you side with someone who has that much (storyline) influence, it's looked at as being greedy, wanting more power, and getting to the top the "easy" way. He dropped his friends and the fan support for money. Hence the word "sellout".

You just reminded me that Cena will probably interfere with this storyline.
And bury Rollins too.

M1VJlx6.png

Edit: ^Beaten and buried.

Sblargh

Banned
Kayfabe bosses just firing people whenever it made sense would be akin to referees reversing decisions because the entire stadium saw that something illegal was going on while he had his back turned.

Goldust and Kofi. :[

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I bought Ultra SF4 kinda blind, apparently I just bought an add-on to SSF4 that is SFxT

What a fucking waste of money

So that UFC demo....

So far it seems very bare bones (hehe) in terms of presentation. The fact that it isn't a yearly release and what is shown to us now....I'm hoping for Burnout Paradise levels of post-release support.

FUCK why don't they just have two MITB matches. One for the title and one for the case. Put Kane and have Bryan defend against the participants. Make it a showcase for all those involved and MAKE THEM STARS. It worked with Cody and that's what everyone needs right now. A non-Wrestlemania moment that'll make their stock in the company so much higher.

Top Bottom