• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

strobogo

Banned
I'd say look at his opponent last night who failed to qualify for the MITB match. With the WHC there was a least a glimmer of hope for Ziggler. Not anymore. Same could be said for Sandow.

Ziggler was dead as soon as he lost the title. He was never getting back there. ADR went from feuding with Cena to a mini feud with Batista to nothing for months now. He hasn't even been getting his weekly squashes. He's been relegated to showing up when they need a body to fill a tournament or multi man match.

Alucard

Banned
Del Rio is very weak without the title. I don't like Cena, but he always feels like a big deal, with or without a belt.

Time to elevate the secondary belts, son!

Alucard

Banned
Does anyone else find it weird that the US and IC champs almost never actually talk about their belts? Such an easy way to make them feel important. Just talk about greats who have held the belts before and how they will carry it with pride and defend the title and its prestige. I don't get why no one's doing this. I thought they would go that way with Big E. Nope.

Horse

Banned
Does anyone else find it weird that the US and IC champs almost never actually talk about their belts? Such an easy way to make them feel important. Just talk about greats who have held the belts before and how they will carry it with pride and defend the title and its prestige. I don't get why no one's doing this. I thought they would go that way with Big E. Nope.
I find that deeply irritating.

Cody did an ok job with the IC belt though.

kiguel182

Has anyone suffered more from the combining of the titles than ADR?

They don't seem to be willing to put him in the midcard for some reason. But he isn't over enough to main-event.

The old belt gave him a chance to be above the midcard without actually main-eventing.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Insert post here about how ADR is good, but gets 0 reaction and also removing Ricardo from ADR was stupid.

Kaladin

You know, with Bryan out, this would have been the perfect time to get Cesaro on the belts and have Bryan vs Cesaro when Bryan returns.

But no....WWE hates money, so Bryan keeps the belts and gives us a drawn out will he or won't he give up the titles angle.

At least it's looking good that Cesaro could get the belt at MITB......still hoping that Bryan can't compete.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Some good news!

Ottawa wrestler 'Hannibal' wins $2.3M hepatitis C lawsuit

A professional wrestler from Ottawa should receive $2.3 million in damages and fees from the wrestler who gave him hepatitis C, a judge ruled Tuesday morning.

Devon Nicholson, who wrestled under the moniker Hannibal, filed a $6.5 million lawsuit against World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) hall-of -famer Lawrence Robert Shreve, known as "Abdulah the Butcher" in the ring.

Nicholson said he contracted the infectious disease that attacks the liver from Shreve during a wrestling match in Cochrane, Alta., on May 26, 2007.

He said Shreve had a piece of razor blade taped to his finger during the match — a wrestling practice known as "blading."

Nicholson said he was offered a three-year contract with WWE, the largest professional wrestling company in the world, after a 2009 tryout camp. The WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out Nicholson had hepatitis C.

In January 2014, Nicholson said an experimental treatment cured him of hepatitis C. He now hopes to fulfill his dream of fighting in the WWE.

Court rules in favour of Nicholson

On Tuesday, an Ontario Superior Court judge ruled that Nicholson did contract hepatitis C from Shreve.

After a long legal battle, Nicholson said it's great to finally have the truth on the record.

"Mr. Shreve himself has been saying all along that I'm a liar, that he doesn't have hepatitis C, he didn't cut me, and I believe the judge made it very clear that, yes, he did cut me ... and yes, he does have a history of hepatitis C," Nicholson said.

Shreve has 30 days should he decide to launch an appeal.

Outside the courthouse, Nicholson celebrated the ruling by hoisting his lawyer over his shoulders in a demonstration of the Sacrifice Power Bomb.

somedevil

You know, with Bryan out, this would have been the perfect time to get Cesaro on the belts and have Bryan vs Cesaro when Bryan returns.

But no....WWE hates money, so Bryan keeps the belts and gives us a drawn out will he or won't he give up the titles angle.

At least it's looking good that Cesaro could get the belt at MITB......still hoping that Bryan can't compete.

You better hope that Bryan competes because if he can't I don't think they will give Cesaro the belt. They will give him money in the bank but not the title right now.

Vylash

They do that all the time, doesn't mean shit

jred2k

They do that all the time, doesn't mean shit
Yeah that's literally like the one wrestling related thing the announcers actually mention during their matches. Honestly, I think the only person who could truly elevate the titles is Cena. The accomplishment of beating Cena is far more rare than any of the championships. A Evolution-backed Rollins could maybe add some prestige too. Have Randy talk to him about how important it was towards him becoming a star so it feels like Rollind has a reason to really want it.

Striker

Del l rio Has been given every ball ( RR win, MITB cash in ,multiple championships) and has dropped them all it's impeccable
Rumble win got him nothing; he lost to Edge and then Christian took his heel spot to job to Orton for months.

That SummerSlam 2011 cash in, good lord. For one it didn't benefit him at all. It was all, still, about Triple H and CM Punk (and now Kevin Nash ???). Cena was miffed because he claimed ADR stole the title, he didn't earn it, and then buried his rich-man gimmick. And most of his WHC feuds were just filler spots like Swagger, Big Shoe, RVD, and Christian. Nothing ever with a primary main eventer to put him over; just guys who often lose anyway. One lengthy feud was with Sheamus and he jobbed to him for like five months. No heel is getting over like that. It's been so long, outside Mark Henry for a brief time period in 2012, I can't remember an upper midcard or main event heel who has been protected really well. They're always quickly taken down by the babyface.

Yeah that's literally like the one wrestling related thing the announcers actually mention during their matches. Honestly, I think the only person who could truly elevate the titles is Cena. The accomplishment of beating Cena is far more rare than any of the championships. A Evolution-backed Rollins could maybe add some prestige too. Have Randy talk to him about how important it was towards him becoming a star so it feels like Rollind has a reason to really want it.

That's what new japan did. Tanahashi-nakamura fued made the IC title 1-B

Gorillaz

Speaking of Henry, unless he's going to get fed to Rusev, I'm surprised they haven't thrown his name back into the contender/main event level to freshen up things. Unless this is his victory lap career wise and he's basically done.

Zach

I say merge the US and IC belts. Ziggler, Del Rio, Cesaro and now probably the Shield boys should all be booked around the new unified belt (probably IC).

If this were to happen, though, then they'd really need to run with that sweet, sweet TV title-esque Internet/Network Championship. Mmmm... So good...

Striker

Speaking of Henry, unless he's going to get fed to Rusev, I'm surprised they haven't thrown his name back into the contender/main event level to freshen up things. Unless this is his victory lap career wise and he's basically done.
Didn't he resign not long ago for like a three year deal?

Just used as a jobber now, like most of the roster. Unless Vince gets a sudden urge to push one of them randomly for a month.

He's said these next 3 years are his last. Wish they'd still invest him but... yeah.

Gorillaz

I would love for them to do American Idol style, judging of who should join the shield next.

Sandow changing his hair and wearing the same hair while attempting to do the same high flying moves as Seth and failing would be hilarious
Didn't he resign not long ago for like a three year deal?

Just used as a jobber now, like most of the roster. Unless Vince gets a sudden urge to push one of them randomly for a month.
He's said these next 3 years are his last. Wish they'd still invest him but... yeah.

So pretty much jobber status then until the contract ends. They are probably going to just let him coast at this point.

gurudyne

Ziggler was dead as soon as he lost the title. He was never getting back there. ADR went from feuding with Cena to a mini feud with Batista to nothing for months now. He hasn't even been getting his weekly squashes.
He's been relegated to showing up when they need a body to fill a tournament or multi man match.

I'd rather see Ziggler in that role. He might be tainted damaged goods now, but at least he's not that with the mother of all failed pushes on his back. I used to like seeing ADR if only for his in-ring performance, but he's completely sapped that out of me in the past year somehow. Probably the knowledge that nothing he does matters and when it does, we have to listen to him on the mic.

I would love for them to do American Idol style, judging of who should join the shield next.

Sandow changing his hair and wearing the same hair while attempting to do the same high flying moves as Seth and failing would be hilarious

So pretty much jobber status then until the contract ends. They are probably going to just let him coast at this point.

Yup. Lesson learned from Henry and Punk: Don't let them know you plan on quitting.

strobogo

Banned
I wish Johnny B. Badd was around today to see the reaction to him saying things like "I'm so pretty, I should have been a girl". The fires would rage between transpositive and transphobic folks.

Do you think anyone noticed the message being sent in Scorpio's entrance video with the girls in his limo wearing knee pads?

G-Fex

I wish Johnny B. Badd was around today to see the reaction to him saying things like "I'm so pretty, I should have been a girl". The fires would rage between transpositive and transphobic folks.

Do you think anyone noticed the message being sent in Scorpio's entrance video with the girls in his limo wearing knee pads?

your head is in the gutter old man

Triple H and Road Dogg just had a 44 minute match on RAW in WM2000, I should have watched it.

Tonight's WrestleMania Rewind is Taker/HBK from WM25, who's watching?

Vylash

BpPcNxuCYAA25Wq.jpg

THEY'RE BACK

Most watched Mania of the year, with the guy who wins the main event then being booked like shit immediately afterwards. Great.

What are you talking about? Daniel Bryan won King of the Ring and just took the Tag Team Championship off The Hardy Boyz with Bruiser Brody!*

*I've decided that my WM2000 career mode is reality now.

Top Bottom