• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Sblargh

Banned
I've thought same. Don't really regret spending money on vacations as those are great experiences I'll always remember. But say games on the shelf I will never finish? Even 20 bucks is too much for that.

I've saved way more than most everybody I know but even then, it could have been better!

I got too caught up in the "I have good money coming for yet X months" and suddenly X became less than 2.

And now I'm planning on starting a new busisness, so I'll be in pure investment mode. Hard times ahead, hopefully they pay off in the future.

jmdajr

I got too caught up in the "I have good money coming for yet X months" and suddenly X became less than 2.

And now I'm planning on starting a new busisness, so I'll be in pure investment mode. Hard times ahead, hopefully they pay off in the future.

Hope it goes well! Good luck!

May I ask what kind of business? I've been toying with the idea my entire adult life but I'm afraid of taking the necessary steps.

I don't remember which episode of the Steve Austin show it was on but he mentioned that Damien Sandow should have said "no" to the pink trunks (I never got the impression that the trunks were forced on him, which might be a credit to Sandow's ability to roll with the punches).

It seems ever since then they've just been saddling Sandow with increasingly ridiculous gimmicks almost as a test to see when he'll finally say no. It's hard for me imagine any Superstar turning down TV time regardless of what it entails. It's almost as though one of the 'Powers That Be' heard Austin's comment and took it as an affront; that the suggestion that WWE Superstars bear any sort of decision making power over their careers was a dangerous notion that needed to be stamped out immediately.

jmdajr

I don't remember which episode of the Steve Austin show it was on but he mentioned that Damien Sandow should have said "no" to the pink trunks (I never got the impression that the trunks were forced on him, which might be a credit to Sandow's ability to roll with the punches).

It seems ever since then they've just been saddling Sandow with increasingly ridiculous gimmicks almost as a test to see when he'll finally say no. It's hard for me imagine any Superstar turning down TV time regardless of what it entails. It's almost as though one of the 'Powers That Be' heard Austin's comment and took it as an affront; that the suggestion that WWE Superstars bear any sort of decision making power over their careers was a dangerous notion that needed to be stamped out immediately.

Somewhat related, Bischoff said Hogan's creative clause was overrated. At his peak Stone Cold didn't have a creative clause and yet, didn't have to do anything he didn't like.

I wonder how Cena is in this regard. He pretty much never loses so it's hard to say.

edit: In the end standing up for yourself (talking to Vince) gets you one of two things.

1)Push
2)Fired

Sblargh

Banned
May I ask what kind of business? I've been toying with the idea my entire adult life but I'm afraid of taking the necessary steps.

I don't want to quite say it, because it is something that is getting popular only now in the US and Europe and virtually doesn't exist in Brazil. So I want to pioneer that and don't want y'all to steal my million dollar idea!
Also it demands way overpriced equipment that I am building with my dad (who is an amazing engineer) that is a fraction of what it costs. One of the reasons this busisness doesn't exist in Brazil is because it would be insane to buy one of these machines from the US; but I am in a unique position where I have the means to build it from scratch and, doing so, I am using my amazing brain to improve on your feeble yankee design.

So I'll either be very very rich or I'll fail in spetacular fashion. Anyway, I'm keeping my mouth relatively shut until everything is ready to go.

I can totally respect that Sblargh, best of luck to you

I started a business once, it didn't go very well. That's the end of my business story.

I liked the beginning of this story but the harsh reality of the ending left me a little disappointed. Like No Country For Old Men

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want to quite say it, because it is something that is getting popular only now in the US and Europe and virtually doesn't exist in Brazil. So I want to pioneer that and don't want y'all to steal my million dollar idea!
Also it demands way overpriced equipment that I am building with my dad (who is an amazing engineer) that is a fraction of what it costs. One of the reasons this busisness doesn't exist in Brazil is because it would be insane to buy one of these machines from the US; but I am in a unique position where I have the means to build it from scratch and, doing so, I am using my amazing brain to improve on your feeble yankee design.

So I'll either be very very rich or I'll fail in spetacular fashion. Anyway, I'm keeping my mouth relatively shut until everything is ready to go.
If you want details on any of my million dollar ideas, I can talk to you about Pool Clothes, Slime Egg, NeoToilets, Johnny Glow and more.

Best of luck Sblargh! Ideally you hit it big and are able to buy a majority stake in WWE. Then you can put us all in positions of power.

Sblargh

Banned
If you want details on any of my million dollar ideas, I can talk to you about Pool Clothes, Slime Egg, NeoToilets, Johnny Glow and more.

Is it something I can build on my basement?

Best of luck Sblargh! Ideally you hit it big and are able to buy a majority stake in WWE. Then you can put us all in positions of power.

I'll be so rich, I'll be able to pay for John Cena to stay away from wrestling. I'll hire him to do charity work in Africa.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
BpXxwy1IYAEHe9Q.jpg

why isn't she back yet. titty master go get her back instead of renee

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is it something I can build on my basement?
Concepts yes. My toilet idea is the best yet. Involves an incinerator. Also the Vibrating Dishwasher is going to make me millions.

Somewhat related, Bischoff said Hogan's creative clause was overrated. At his peak Stone Cold didn't have a creative clause and yet, didn't have to do anything he didn't like.

I wonder how Cena is in this regard. He pretty much never loses so it's hard to say.

edit: In the end standing up for yourself (talking to Vince) gets you one of two things.

1)Push
2)Fired

You have to keep in mind that Austin and Hogan had leverage, they could threaten to take their talents to Atlanta or New York, respectively, if they didn't get what they wanted. Where's Sandow gonna go?

jmdajr

You have to keep in mind that Austin and Hogan had leverage, they could threaten to take their talents to Atlanta or New York, respectively, if they didn't get what they wanted. Where's Sandow gonna go?

Ummm. Teach at Harvard?

Plus I'm sure Cena has lots of leverage and he's not going to Japan or anything.

Not sure how practical that would have been though. Vince owned 100% of the Stone Cold character, so if Austin went back to WCW, he couldn't do that character. The Undertaker repeatedly got big money offers to come to WCW, but he never did because he knew he couldn't do the gimmick there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
the amount
of pauses
in this vampiro
promo
is too damn high.

Man, he is really bad on the mic. One hell of a character that could survive all the faults he had. He does have some really good mannerisms though.

somedevil

New Japan fans can someone tell me what pictures got Taichi got him in such trouble that it got mainstream attention and talk of kicking him off the junior tournament?

Also some news:

Karl Anderson seems to have a lot of input now in bringing new foreigners in. Besides Adam Cole, who we’ve mentioned already, it looks like several new wrestlers from the U.S. will be debuting here in a few months.

New Japan is going America Wrestling crazy. I wonder if the New Japan fans in Japan are fine with that. Its funny though that they rejected Elgin now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
the amount
of pauses
in this vampiro
promo
is too damn high.

Man, he is really bad on the mic. One hell of a character that could survive all the faults he had. He does have some really good mannerisms though.

He had a great look before the Juggalos got to him. Great look.

New Japan fans can someone tell me what pictures got Taichi got him in such trouble that it got mainstream attention and talk of kicking him off the junior tournament?

infidelity to his waifu who is a badass.

The Observer yesterday said WWE has offered a deal to Cody Hall. He rejected because he wants to get better first, and make a name for himself.

strobogo

Banned
ivjDMOcMVFocZ.gif

Fuck that took me like an hour to do bouncing back between GIMP, Roxio thing, and GifCam. For two god damn frames. I need to learn how to use the programs before I try this shit.

Top Bottom