• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lesnar's selling his house? I guess?

Heel, Lambda, DM let's chip in and see if we can absorb his majesty.

oh and Hannibal beat Abdullah in his lawsuit. Good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't find any further info on Graves release. Nothing but Rafa's comment.

I hope we're ok.

Google All Access Music is the greatest thing ever. I don't know why I waited so long to jump on board with the streaming music bandwagon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Google All Access Music is the greatest thing ever. I don't know why I waited so long to jump on board with the streaming music bandwagon.

Spotify is my bread and butter. I can't go back to physical or even digital footprints

Alucard

Banned
The Arthur Gies of wrestling. The kind of guy who argues for womens rights because they clearly need a man's help.

Well, I agree that gender, racial, and social equality should be battles fought by everybody, but it's possible to come off as a self-righteous turd if you White Knight too much.

Btw, why don't we say BLACK KNIGHTING? CISM.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I agree that gender, racial, and social equality should be battles fought by everybody, but it's possible to come off as a self-righteous turd if you White Knight too much.

Btw, why don't we say BLACK KNIGHTING? CISM.

because
X4ovglz.jpg

jmdajr

Spotify is my bread and butter. I can't go back to physical or even digital footprints

Managing your own digital media can be a pain in the ass. Ripping all my CDs was a chore but at least it's done. But I decided I wasn't going to do it with DVDs. Too much of a hassle.

Kaladin

While Spotify is nice to listen to albums without buying them, I can't trust any digital service to by my music collection. I have to at least have digital files if not hard copies of albums.

I have a growing vinyl collection too. $5 used vinyl is bad for my wallet.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really, REALLY want a WrassleGAF Viewing Party for some early 2000s CZW.

I really really want this to happen. Anyone else up for it? Just the concept?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The thing people don't get about Marty was he was supposed to get a push SEVERAL times. He just fucked them all up. It's not like WWF forgot about him.

I really, REALLY want a WrassleGAF Viewing Party for some early 2000s CZW.

I really really want this to happen. Anyone else up for it? Just the concept?

Of course. We all ahve to watch it on Google Hangouts though. Gauge our reaction. Cage of Death baybeeeee

Masked Man's latest article: pondering who (if anyone) will be the Marty Janetty of the Shield.

http://grantland.com/features/wwe-payback-monday-raw-who-will-be-the-shields-marty-jannetty/

Who will be the Marty Janetty of the Young Bucks? Both of them.

What? You mean how can one tag team have two Shawn Michaels?!??! Young Bucks so good!

And Bootaaay! Thanks for reminding me of Dragon Gate. Something else to watch this weekend. BoSJ Final Night is this weekend as well, isn't it? Also, need to get my South Korea World Cup Kit and shirts. WOOOOOOO!

If I had to order the star quality of the Shield, Ambrose would be solidly #1 and Reigns would be solidly at #3. Reigns is tall and handsome but he's got one face which is kind of smoky but mostly sour, and one tone of voice which is that he just woke up. When Taker has displayed 5x the emotional range you have, and you don't have a gimmick to cover for it, then you're in trouble. I doubt that he can be turned kid-friendly like Cena is, and that's also concerning because he's below Cena's cringeworthy limited skills and abilities when it comes to a promo.

Cagey

Banned
Someone say young bucks

tumblr_n5tk59ZrkR1qhjbxeo6_250.gif

...and the match went on for 10 more spot-filled, no-sold, flippity floppity floopity minutes after that.

If I had to order the star quality of the Shield, Ambrose would be solidly #1 and Reigns would be solidly at #3. Reigns is tall and handsome but he's got one face which is kind of smoky but mostly sour, and one tone of voice which is that he just woke up. When Taker has like 5x the emotion you have, and you don't have a gimmick to cover for it, then you're in trouble. I doubt that he can be turned kid-friendly like Cena is, and that's also concerning because he's below Cena's cringeworthy limited skills and abilities when it comes to a promo.

Star quality is rough. Reigns #1, Rollins #2, and Ambrose #3 to be honest. Reigns has the look and the exciting high-impact moves and people like him. Worst case, he gets overpushed and crowd turns on him and he goes full heel Batista and then everyone loves him again. I'm happy no matter what. Rollins comes off as a bore when he's not wrestling, but his wrestling is exciting and crowds love the moves so that will last as long as he does physically.

Ambrose, I mean... he's a great talker but I feel like he has a ceiling. Masked Man hit on this briefly (though he disagrees with me 100%):

And Ambrose also remains every bit the total package that he was before. He arguably benefited more than anyone in the Shield by getting to work as a good guy for the past several months, since his natural character lends itself so well to villainy, and Ambrose-style heels tend to have a ceiling. Rowdy Roddy Piper and Raven were never WWE world champions.

Raven isn't "star quality". Raven is "interesting bad dude in the middle of the pack".

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My body is ready for 2002-era CZW Nite. Me and FE will be the only attendees.

It'll be the precursor to the Buck-A-Thon night that's 2 hours of YB matches.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Remember when we were on the ORIGINAL BOndwagon and you guys, a lot of the same guys who like YB, weren't taking us serious and thought it was all a big joke? That we were just being hipsters/contrarian by liking Bo when everyone hated him?

That's how I feel about Young Bucks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
King Curtis
King_Curtis_Iaukea-420x0.jpg

Also a member of the fucked up forehead committee.

I was going to post the match with him & Brody vs Baba and The Destroyer but then I realized there was only one good wrestler in that whole match and no one wants to watch that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Zandig is one of the more powerful personalities in wrestling. I love his fire.

DMczaf

I went to this show last Monday, forgot to tell you guys.

10409358_10152077860235658_7600129212894912013_n.jpg

I might do a better write up later, but not really. Here are some highlights:

- Rob Conway won the NWA championship. He is now known as "Iron Man Rob Conway", his theme song is Black Sabbath's Iron Man.

- They did a tribute to all the fallen wrestlers in the last year. The tribute was nearly 20 mins long, pretty sure over 3000 wrestlers have died in the last 6 months.

- The tribute ended with Ultimate Warrior, they literally ripped the Youtube version of WWE's tribute and played that.

- Rum and Coke was $5, with very little rum. I was paying $5 for Coke...

- Matt Hardy is slow, fat and dead inside.

- This was Bobby Sharp's Titantron : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ip3t4n9kky5m11w/2014-06-02 20.03.14.mov

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
God damn Giant Baba sucks. He has the ring psychology of Matt Morgan with the endurance of 90s Andre and the physical build of a holocaust victim.

Sblargh

Banned
I'm becoming more of a fan of Shawn Michaels every time I see a PPV with him on it. I don't know if he thinks about his stuff or if his instincts are in the right place, but he got everything down in such a solid way. It never feels like he is there to do anything other than entertain the people watching the match. This probably changes at some point in his career given his problems with Brett, but watching him on the early 90s, it never feels it is about him.

He is great at what he does and, at the same time, he is great at making the other guy look strong. Isn't afraid at all to look goofy or to score the cheapest of wins and, at the end, he is constantly doing some little thing to keep your attention, there's always something about his maneirism that he is never in a neutral state.

Quickly becoming one of my all time favorites.

Top Bottom