• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

strobogo

Banned
Nicholas Cage dressed like Michael Hayes at a GnR concert for Stro. Andrew Dice Clay looking like he's auditioning for a role in wrestling.

http://instagram.com/p/o-S6satDp9/

He's cosplaying as current Axl. At a GNR concert. Backstage. And he was part of the end of show band bow. And he was wearing a shirt with a meme of his face.

I saw Edge of Tomorrow. Here is my review:

It is a Tom Cruise action/sci-fi movie. He runs in the very first scene. It was most likely written as a video game.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Bjork and Death Grips
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
Bjork_1_11920x1440_International_Star_Singer_Wallpaper.jpg
My Icelandic queen.

Gorillaz

Which one of you jobbers will watch RAW instead of Sony's conference tomorrow?

How about in chat, we talk about the greatness of Eva marie during the Sony conference/Raw?

I feel like that will be enough to make up for it.

Screw GB. You should go to one of the theaters showing Sony's conference while wearing a fedora and skinny jeans instead.
Might go there and take pics of that instead, thanks for the idea, friend

Finally caught up on BoSJ from yesterday. Man, that Final was excellent. Can't wait to see Ricochet vs. Ibushi. Wonder if he'll stick around any longer if he doesn't get the belt?

So Rollins is going to be the future of Evolution (just as HHH is the past and Orton is the present). Sounds legit.

Also:

I never knew why there were 4 members in the first incarnation of Evolution (got confused if either Orton or Bastista was the present)

DiscoJon

Banned
So Rollins is going to be the future of Evolution (just as HHH is the past and Orton is the present). Sounds legit.

Also:

I never knew why there were 4 members in the first incarnation of Evolution (got confused if either Orton or Bastista was the present)

Original Evolution: Batista was the muscle, Randy the future, Trips the present and Flair the past.

Current Evolution: Randy is the present, Trips the past and Rollins the future.

Sblargh

Banned
Original Evolution: Batista was the muscle, Randy the future, Trips the present and Flair the past.

Current Evolution: Randy is the present, Trips the past and Rollins the future.

And the muscle is out of the picture because wrestling is moving away from body builders into an era of a legitimate athletic contest.

And the muscle is out of the picture because wrestling is moving away from body builders into an era of a legitimate athletic contest.

I like your mindset, I really do but.....I don't picture the muscle men mentality going away anytime soon.

Holy shit you guys that Metal Gear trailer was NUUUUUUUCLEEEEEERRRRAR

I actually wish Cena would just move onto Rusev already, his feud with the Wyatts is beyond stale. Cena will probably have some good matches, show off his strength and all that jazz.

Also Bryan's not been at home, he's been at work every single week because they can't figure out what they're doing with him creatively week by week. Apparently we'll know a lot more tomorrow, either through subtle dialog or bluntly. He went back to the doctor this past Tuesday to see what's up, and no one's heard what came of that.

Sblargh

Banned
I have nothing against them strong men.

I like that WWE doesn't have a cruiserweight division in the of the day because different styles should mesh. "big and strong vs small and fast" is one of those timeless concepts and it's good to have that option.

Diversity is good. *hold hands with everyone in the world*

Hey, Cena nursed a neck injury and was out for 4 months once!

Congratulations friends, you got to Titus now.....

NUUUUUUUCLEAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR

Cena is the only constant in life. I see now why he has such a strong following. Why be a fan of Daniel Bryan when even after a historic WrestleMania moment I wake up in the middle of the night sweating with Kane's name on my lips. Meanwhile the Cenation sleeps soundly, knowing they'll never give up, because they'll never have to. I'm going to K Mart tomorrow to get my gear.

Diversity is good. *hold hands with everyone in the world*

Props to Sblargh for working on making amends after his hate speech last night.

Man we have so many new rookies in Wrestle GAF this year, no idea how the end of year awards will go in that category. Our guy running the development centre has done a great job!

Sblargh

Banned
Cena is the only constant in life. I see now why he has such a strong following. Why be a fan of Daniel Bryan when even after a historic WrestleMania moment I wake up in the middle of the night sweating with Kane's name on my lips. Meanwhile the Cenation sleeps soundly, knowing they'll never give up, because they'll never have to. I'm going to K Mart tomorrow to get my gear.

Oh, so when everything is good, it's "yes! yes! yes!" and you are part of a movement and they don't have the power, we have the power. But then when things get tough, we run to the Cenation. Because it's boring, offensive, a parody of wrestling and a scam, but at least it's easy.

Sure, living under the neon tirany of the liar John Cena is easy. Accepting his demagogy while knowing that his reign is good for no one but himself is super easy. As easy as, say, changing the channel. Because channel changing is all that you can expect from your safe overlord.

Props to Sblargh for working on making amends after his hate speech last night.

Hey man, it was a case of ignorance regarding american culture. Saying sorry costs nothing, but offending someone might cost a friend.

Sblargh

Banned
A completely non-kayfabe wrestling promotion that openly admits it is a popularity contest and is run like a reality show where people win or lose based on fan participation.
It runs on a tournment format, where each wrestler position is legit random.

So a wrestler and the audience knows in advance who they will fight against who; now both wrestlers dedicate themselves to look good, to have great matches, to draw attention, to hype fans, in short, to earn votes. They also have time to practice with their opponent so they can have an amazing match when the day comes. And the match is planned like any wrestling match, except without a finish. They might plan for both outcomes, but the deal is that every match is somewhat disputed, because you have to plan a match where both finishes make sense.

Some time before the match, the wrestlers get the result. The fans, obviously, only get the result after someone actually wins the match, so they are honestly invested in the match, because it's like election day, at the end, all their participation, as big or small as it is, gets ultimately decided in one clear result: Person A wins and Person B loses.

Now, the roster functions like an actual roster; it stays mostly the same from season to season, so even if the guy loses, he goes to the undercard and then have regular matches with other people so he can start gearing up for next season. Getting kicked out of the tournment means you have to start focusing on the next one.

So there you go, it is a contest, it has a natural storyline, people have incentive to cut good promos, to create amusing characters, to do good ring work and so on because it's up to you on what you'll do to get the fans behind you.

Someone either is popular and keep playing to his strenghts or someone is unpopular and it's up to him to figure out what to do to improve. There's no heel and faces, but it doesn't really matters, because now it functions like sport teams. This wrestler is good because I like him or her and that wrestler is bad because is going against the wrestler I like.

-

Man, I'm too smart. Somebody hire me.

God, Hero's old ring gear was so unbelievably horrid.

Anywho, New Japan president Naoki Sugabayashi announced Taichi's been suspended;

Taichi has been suspended for 2 months with a 30% salary cut starting today due to his "behavioral problems"

Top Bottom