• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Sblargh

Banned
Ryback and Alicia Fox are the only ones who are better since Wrestlemania.

I will repeat that so it sinks in:

Alucard

Banned
Cesaro probably would have been fine to take the title by now if they kept him on the same path he was on at WM.

Definitely. He's lost a lot of steam. Hell, almost everyone has, to be honest.

Yeah. Things have died down a lot since Mania. Between Bryan getting injured and Cena toiling away with Wyatt, things have gone to shit.

Cesaro has definitely lost a lot of steam. He's being overshadowed by Heyman just like Axel and Ryback were before him.

Alucard

Banned

I will repeat that so it sinks in:

I love the big guy. You should too. And Curtis Axel is great too. I hope they let him use his new finisher more because it looks great.

Sblargh

Banned
You forgot John Sina.

Yeah, it's not like he is still getting booed out of every building while people were ready to give one of his storylines another chance during WM.

I love the big guy. You should too. And Curtis Axel is great too. I hope they let him use his new finisher more because it looks great.

I do, too. It's just that when I started following wrestling, Alicia Fox wasn't even mentioned and Rybaxel was the Kofi Kingston of tag teams.

gurudyne

Something RAW needs tonight is one short, simple scene. HHH and Steph backstage, self-satisfied and congratulating each other on their huge victories from last/this week. Not playing over-the-top bad guy for the cameras, just "Oh hi hon, heard you were able to take care of that annoying problem you've been having lately" like it was nothing more than scratching a hard to reach itch. Then they move on. It's short, easy to write, could be used to get some easy heel heat (especially if they juxtapose it with images of a defeated DBry and Ambrose/Reigns getting beaten half to death) and allows us to pretend Kane/DBry never happened while creating a new main event status quo leading into the summer (i.e., no more Authority-mandated-champion storylines).

Cena has been in the same space since 2012. He never goes up or down. He just moves laterally.

Only 2012?

Alucard

Banned
Something RAW needs tonight is one short, simple scene. HHH and Steph backstage, self-satisfied and congratulating each other on their huge victories from last/this week. Not playing over-the-top bad guy for the cameras, just "Oh hi hon, heard you were able to take care of that annoying problem you've been having lately" like it was nothing more than scratching a hard to reach itch. Then they move on. It's short, easy to write, could be used to get some easy heel heat (especially if they juxtapose it with images of a defeated DBry and Ambrose/Reigns getting beaten half to death) and allows us to pretend Kane/DBry never happened while creating a new main event status quo leading into the summer (i.e., no more Authority-mandated-champion storylines).

Only 2012?

The opening promo will be 15-20 minutes tonight. Bryan segment followed by Rollins segment. Or...nah, I'm being too cynical.

I'm actually interested in watching Raw tonight.

Sblargh

Banned
RAW has good things to offer: aforementioned Rybaxel, Bo, Adam Rose, Paige if they let her wrestle instead of underdog it + one move win and The Shield storyline is not a bad storyline.

But the main main event is a health update, that could simply be D-Bry coming in and cutting a promo about how he lost his smile or could be a horribly written segment filled with dumb shit nobody cares about. And regardless of what it is, it will not feature the best wrestler in the world as the fighting champion he should be.

Son Of D

I thought Del Rio was in the other MiTB match, or will they just move him over into this one?

I can see him getting put into the WWEWHC MITB match. If only as a filler spot.

I could see Rollins winning the briefcase MITB if they do 2 matches. Him with the briefcase with Evolution backing him can be quite something. Cesaro is an alternative, with Heyman trying to convince Cesaro to give the briefcase to Lesnar. Alternatively Cesaro wins the title but Heyman wants Bork to have the title.

Ugh... This Bryan news seriously bums me out. I just hope he can make a full recovery and come back some day and doesn't end up being forced into retirement.

Sblargh

Banned
It may be hindsight speaking, but I remember agreeing with people that he should be stripped of the title as soon as surgery was announced. I just even into websites and shit to learn about his thing and them web-doctors were recommending stuff like office work only 2 months down the line. Heavy work, modified in order to stress less the neck, was like 4 months away.

Vince was entertaining the idea of putting him on a ladder match when he should be easing back his way into ring work through physical therapy.

Kaladin

WRASSLEZONE EXCLUSIVE

WWE has signed Kevin Steen to a developmental deal

3SmrC.gif

Heel

Bryan getting stripped of the title tonight?

He's baaaaaacccccckkkkk

if5kzmsLkT1Uo.gif

I'm so happy, friends.

Daniel Bryan is the original, experimental indie title that didn't quite pan out.

John Sina is the big budget sequel that makes it all possible.

I look forward to Monday Night RAW, friend.

Kaladin

WWE can harness the power of June and give the belt to the new King.

A King of wrestling.

The King of Swing.

The man whose manager's other client defeated the Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

swing_3.gif

Cesaro.

Kaladin

WWE Superstar Dylan “Hornswoggle” Postl stars in “Leprechaun: Origins,” a brand-new take on the horror franchise “Leprechaun,” reinventing the cult favorite and terrifying a new generation. The film will be available on Digital HD, Video On-Demand and pay-per-view on Aug. 26, and on Blu-ray (plus Digital HD) and DVD (plus Digital) on Sept. 30.

Also starring Stephanie Bennett (“Grave Encounters 2”), Andrew Dunbar (“Alien Trespass”), Melissa Roxburgh (“Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days”) and Brendan Fletcher (“Freddy vs. Jason”), “Leprechaun: Origins” was written by Harris Wilkinson and directed by Zach Lipovsky.

Backpacking through the lush Irish countryside, two unsuspecting young couples stumble upon a town's chilling secret. Ben (Dunbar), Sophie (Bennet), David (Fletcher) and Jeni (Roxburgh) quickly discover the idyllic land is not what it appears to be when the town's residents offer the hikers an old cabin at the edge of the woods. Soon, the friends will find that one of Ireland's most famous legends is a terrifying reality.

Watch the trailer, if you dare.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/overtheropes/wwestudios/leprechaun-origins-release-date

strobogo

Banned
Going from being in a cross over of the two biggest horror series to being in a DTV Leprechaun movie staring Hornswoggle is a bummer and a half. A prequel, too.

Top Bottom