• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

RP912

Banned
People who looked like a star last night
9810670-256-k301958.jpg

05eJdAv.jpg

People who didn't, to WWE's chagrin
cd61e0a5-08ef-4558-8251-eedce5dc6422

I'm like the only dude that wants the strap on harper. He's like an hd version of brody.

Ithil

At some point in their "master plan" of their handpicked next top guy, Reigns is going to have to do matches where he doesn't just get the hot tag at the end and win. Unless he plans on doing 20 minute PPV singles matches entirely of hot tags, he's gonna bomb when he's exposed.

Which is the whole problem when you get a guy over by hiding his (numerous) weaknesses and fairly artificially inflating his strengths. At some point you can't hide them any more and he crumbles.

strobogo

Banned
Don't think good promos come from the Windham or Rotunda side.

Barry was a good promo guy. Not mind blowing or anything, but good. He didn't seem out of place cutting promos next to Arn Anderson and Ric Flair, so I'd consider that good. Blackjack Mulligan was a really good promo guy, though, especially for his era. I think Bray has more of Mulligan in him than his dad or uncles.

Updated the avatar a bit. I might find a different picture of Axl sometime.

Aiii

So not worth it
At some point in their "master plan" of their handpicked next top guy, Reigns is going to have to do matches where he doesn't just get the hot tag at the end and win. Unless he plans on doing 20 minute PPV singles matches entirely of hot tags, he's gonna bomb when he's exposed.

Which is the whole problem when you get a guy over by hiding his (numerous) weaknesses and fairly artificially inflating his strengths. At some point you can't hide them any more and he crumbles.

I like how people completely forget the fact that John Cena build his entire career on hot comeback matches and guess what... He's doing fine.

RP912

Banned

Its like this...if this was mid to late 90s. Reigns would have been a good tag team partner at best...but since the wwe been trying to find somebody to fill rock's shoes since the beginning of the ruthless aggression era. They getting boners trying to push reigns to the moon when in fact that's not good at all when the true star is ambrose. This whole bigger than life wrestler shit is going to do the wwe more harm than good as time progress.

Sblargh

Banned
After Payback, I was hoping Bray would take some time off to keep his character mysterious after all the recent surge of exposure and Luke Harper could shine a bit more. Still, it's a matter of time before people start hyping Luke Harper on his tag matches without Bray.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shrug, I guess. Never really considered the flash. Still seems overly bright. I will get to the bottom of this mystery!!

They are using a filter though to make those lights REALLY twinkle doe

The only thing that really bugs me about Reigns right now is that his moveset is so limited at times, Superman punch was great before he started using it multiple times in the same match alongside a very similar leaping clothesline.

RP912

Banned
After Payback, I was hoping Bray would take some time off to keep his character mysterious after all the recent surge of exposure and Luke Harper could shine a bit more. Still, it's a matter of time before people start hyping Luke Harper on his tag matches without Bray.

It would make sense if bray push his agenda more to the point of recruiting low to mid carders to the family....to the point where the wyatts become an army which he kept expressing in his promos.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It would make sense if bray push his agenda more to the point of recruiting low to mid carders to the family....to the point where the wyatts become an army which he kept expressing in his promos.

Don't do this. Wyatts has one of the few stables that keeps a good balance putting over both Harper and Rowan.

Ithil

I like how people completely forget the fact that John Cena build his entire career on hot comeback matches and guess what... He's doing fine.

Only the crowd have seen Cena for 9 years now. The difference was he was super over as a midcarder for a long while before he got to the top, and didn't become a comeback machine until after becoming a main eventer. Even then, Cena is not a great wrestler but he is a lot better than Reigns.

Reigns is already a comeback machine, and the crowd isn't afraid to turn on faces or shit on boring matches anymore. Like every other "Cena v2" face they've tried to push as "The next Cena" in the last decade, Reigns will flop if that's the push they go with.

Long story short, the crowd aren't going to stand for a Cena style super face again, they've been there, done that.

The only stable that needs to grow is the Exotic Express. Just fill that fucking thing with wrestlers and let them be an unstoppable force of destruction and partying.
Only the crowd have seen Cena for 9 years now. The difference was he was super over as a midcarder for a long while before he got to the top, and didn't become a comeback machine until after becoming a main eventer. Even then, Cena is not a great wrestler but he is a lot better than Reigns.

BS
u_cant_see_me.jpg

strobogo

Banned

EVERY top face built their career on that. That's how it works. That's how it has always worked. It usually works that way in puro and lucha, too. Lucha is weird and often makes no sense, though.

Sblargh

Banned

Hiding weakness and inflating strenghts is what they should be doing to everybody the entire time. It should be their number 1 rule always. What crumbles people is suddenly ignoring the wrestler has weaknesses because Vince would really like to live in an alternate reality where the wrestler in question doesn't have those weaknesses.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good cover, hope they do justice to Batista Prime (2010)

Hiding weakness and inflating strenghts is what they should be doing to everybody the entire time. It should be their number 1 rule always. What crumbles people is suddenly ignoring the wrestler has weaknesses because Vince would really like to live in an alternate reality where the wrestler in question doesn't have those weaknesses.

Isn't that what Heyman did in ECW? I remember him saying that on the Rise + Fall DVD.

Sblargh

Banned
Isn't that what Heyman did in ECW? I remember him saying that on the Rise + Fall DVD.

Well, I know nothing about ECW, I tried watching one of their PPVs and, well, it's not really my thing, but apparently it worked... kind of.
I mean, they had the guy who knew nothing about wrestling, but hey, he could smash a beer can on his forehead; so he went there, smashed a beer on his forehead, people popped, then he barely had a match and went away. And he got over, people like him to this day. All the guy knew how to do was get drunk and Heyman inflated that.

strobogo

Banned
I feel refreshed. New avatar. No booze. No more Godzilla. New garage door put in. New dish washer put in. Some light beard trimming.

I don't know, but today seems kinda odd. No barking dog and mama cooked a breakfast with no hog.

I feel refreshed. New avatar. No booze. No more Godzilla. New garage door put in. New dish washer put in. Some light beard trimming.

I don't know, but today seems kinda odd. No barking dog and mama cooked a breakfast with no hog.

Watch last night's Raw, from what I hear, it just might get you drinking again!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

That's a good av, I like it. It's been a while.

Top Bottom