• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Bryan is just taking time off to finish shooting the last Hobbit film

Ori.jpeg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man they're really running the Shockmaster into the ground

Vylash

Man, it's starting to sink in my interest in WWE was directly linked to my interest in Daniel Bryan. I'll still watch it and stuff, but like, last night I barely watched it, I don't really feel watching Main Event today, tho I will at some point when I have a free hour to do nothing and/or people hype about it. It's like that point on comic fandom where you stop following characters or companies and start following creators, you know? You don't care so much for Batman, but you really want to see any superhero when done by Grant Morrisson.

I'll catch up on old D-Bry's stuff; on matches with him on it on the network, stuff like that. And then I guess I'll start checking out now and then if someone I like is doing something interesting. But it feels less and less like it is worth it to sit through a three hour show and then two hour shows and then a two hour show that are endless cycles of recapping, people I don't care about and misusing the people I do care about until I stop caring anymore. It's just too much for too little.

I think I'll actually start skipping RAW and watching Superstars / Main Event more because they'll just recap the good stuff anyway. I wish a bunch of indies would band together to form their own network with a monthly subscription so I don't have to be limited to one iPPV a month. Even when I dislike WWE, 10 dollars for everything they offer still is incredible value.

NXT.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Well that was confusing. I apparently did these out of order. Clash XIX was apparently taped before Beach Blast and aired afterward. During Beach Blast they kept talking about the NWA tag tournament starting up "on Tuesday night" or some such nonsense and I was all like "uhh... I just saw that... right?" So after using THE INTERNET, I figured out that the chronological reddit list I've been using is a bit wonky. So I've gone ahead and put these in aired date order, because that's how wrasslin' works, am I right?

Anyway, Beach Blast '92 was a lot of fun. I could say a lot about it, but I'm not gonna. Mostly because I'm disappointed that stro didn't warn me about this whole taping date/airing date fiasco.

IF BB92 didn't get at least an A-, I don't think anything will. At least not for a long, long time. I didn't know about the taping/airing date fiasco as I had plowed through up to 1993 before the Clashes were put up, so I watched all of them out of order until 1994.

Is this HBK/Cena match any good? As great as HBK is this pairing doesn't interest me. Same goes for the HHH match. How was that?

The HBK/Cena matches were good stuff. Both the WM and especially the nearly hour long Raw match. His matches with HHH were okay. Nothing special, except the WM one has HHH delivering a 9/10 on the Hansen Lariatoooooo scale.

Gorillaz

I remember vividly the HBK v Cena match and rematch. They were both pretty good and I'm a bit surprised the Raw rematch was just as good

Alucard

Banned
Man... Dolph is a bad promo. And Rollins was yelled at with 'Boring!' chants from the crowd I believe. Shieeeet.

That's not good. I hope he does okay. ROH fans also booed him when he went from being a periphery guy to becoming the champion. He lacks that charisma/believability when he's speaking to really convince people.

I do wish Rollins would drop the SWAT gear and just wrestle shirtless and in tights.

I have to say I did not expect to like NJPW as much as I do right now so I couldn't resist buying this:

63A293A9-1E9C-4C03-A79C-BCC020DBC085_zpsowcqulia.jpg

Thanks to @puro_yottsume on twitter he's been shipping official shirts for guys at a reasonable price (about $55) check him out

Smackdown:

Bad News Barrett comes out for the match. Barrett takes a Superman punch. 3MB comes out and jumps Reigns. He fights back and takes them all out.

Zach

IF BB92 didn't get at least an A-, I don't think anything will. At least not for a long, long time. I didn't know about the taping/airing date fiasco as I had plowed through up to 1993 before the Clashes were put up, so I watched all of them out of order until 1994.

It was on pace for an A. Somehow, an event with Greg Valentine vs. Marcus Bagwell was on pace for the first ever A (decent match, by the way). My issue comes with the two final matches. That's right, the Dangerous Alliance vs. Windham, Rhodes & Koloff and the Steiners vs. the Miracle Violence Connection kept it from being an A. The former seemed like a spin of the ol' wheels, ya know? The latter was a hair too long for my liking (I know, it had to be long because of the finish, but whatevs). I was just on this wrassle-high going into the last two matches and was thinking, "Man, these are going to be amazing matches! This event is gold, Jerry! Gold!"

So perhaps it's my fault for expecting two of the greatest matches ever there at the end. They were still really good. I guess I just expected a bit more.

strobogo

Banned
It was on pace for an A. Somehow, an event with Greg Valentine vs. Marcus Bagwell was on pace for the first ever A (decent match, by the way). My issue comes with the two final matches. That's right, the Dangerous Alliance vs. Windham, Rhodes & Koloff and the Steiners vs. the Miracle Violence Connection kept it from being an A. The former seemed like a spin of the ol' wheels, ya know? The latter was a hair too long for my liking (I know, it had to be long because of the finish, but whatevs). I was just on this wrassle-high going into the last two matches and was thinking, "Man, these are going to be amazing matches! This event is gold, Jerry! Gold!"

So perhaps it's my fault for expecting two of the greatest matches ever there at the end. They were still really good. I guess I just expected a bit more.

Would you give Steamboat/Rude an A/5*?

That HBK/Cena match was good. Fun stuff.

HBK really does need to come back for one more match against Bryan, that is if he's still wrestling in a year or two.

Guzim

Question for those watching the Cena-HBK WM Rewind, who are the people in the front row wearing the neon green and pink shirt? They used to be on a lot in the front row.

Zach

Man, WCW is weird under Bill Watts. I mean, no padding outside is one thing (that Cactus/Sting match was BRUTAL to watch), and we've been living with the rule that you can't throw people over the top rope for awhile, but this new rule about not coming off the top rope: ridiculous! And the repeated clarification of the rule is funny.

JR: "Some sports writers don't agree with the rule, but they just don't understand..."

Watts: "It's like the American League and National League in baseball having different rules. The athletes can and will adapt."

I mean, how much backlash did they have to be getting to repeatedly address this. In 1992! Imagine the Twitter backlash if this was put in to place today in WWE...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man, WCW is weird under Bill Watts. I mean, no padding outside is one thing (that Cactus/Sting match was BRUTAL to watch), and we've been living with the rule that you can't throw people over the top rope for awhile, but this new rule about not coming off the top rope: ridiculous! And the repeated clarification of the rule is funny.

JR: "Some sports writers don't agree with the rule, but they just don't understand..."

Watts: "It's like the American League and National League in baseball having different rules. The athletes can and will adapt."

I mean, how much backlash did they have to be getting to repeatedly address this. In 1992! Imagine the Twitter backlash if this was put in to place today in WWE...

The padding comes back pretty quick after he leaves but the rules stay in place until 1998, never enforced...ever.

Took a while but...

Thank you 2K for having somewhat of a complete template.

Bravo.

Chili from TLC was interviewed for Countdown.

Also Rock, The Brain, and Jake the Snake are all below Punk on this...

tumblr_muqc9lDez31sp0ltyo1_250.gif

I don't think Rock's terrible stuff negates his top tier heel work he did.

strobogo

Banned

I really don't think those thin ass mats do anything for a 250 pound man jumping off the apron. Maybe add a little bit of protection to your head. Still, it makes no sense to get rid of them for the little protection they offer. Imagine MLB or NFL getting rid of helmets and pads. Such a stupid concept. So was jumping off the top rope, which seemed to be very spottily enforced and had guys clearly forgetting it was a rule to begin with. And then when they were doing NWA stuff, the rules were different for those matches.

Top Bottom