• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

strobogo

Banned
The best part about the Arn picture is that he has to trim that little fluff from time to time. I keep thinking he should just give it up, but when I look at the picture, that little bit of hair not being there would be super weird.

God damn, Mortis is one of the coolest looking wrasslers of all time. Always loved the way the mask made it look like he had part of his jaw missing.

Alucard

Banned
I really want this Danielson back...one day? :(
danielson1.jpg

I really want this Danielson back...one day? :(
danielson1.jpg

Was really starting to try to get into Bryan's indy work a bit more and more. What are some good Dragon Gate appearances from him? I'm especially a fan of that look of his. Hope this break of his (if he's ever gonna get one) puts him into that look who knows!

Wrapping up my Road to WrestleMania as Bryan and I beat Undertaker in the main event only for HBK to come out and challenge me to a match. Make it happen WWE.

Alucard

Banned
Was really starting to try to get into Bryan's indy work a bit more and more. What are some good Dragon Gate appearances from him? I'm especially a fan of that look of his. Hope this break of his (if he's ever gonna get one) puts him into that look who knows!

It's hard to find Dragon Gate matches for free online, but you can try. Pretty much every DGUSA appearance was really good. My favourites:

Danielson vs. Naruki Doi
Danielson vs. Moxley (Dean Ambrose...kind of a fight more than a match, but the ending is glorious)
Danielson vs. Yamato

And hey, here is a Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins match from ROH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhywAx6jy4I

Really, I recommend one of his many DVD sets from rohwrestling.com.

somedevil

lol, that look is not going away because that has made him crazy over and still is.

Smackdown Spoilers:

* Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose open SmackDown and cut a promo similar to the one they did on RAW. Triple H appears on the big screen and announces Reigns vs. Bad News Barrett for right now.

* Bad News Barrett comes out for the match. Barrett takes a Superman punch. 3MB comes out and jumps Reigns. He fights back and takes them all out.

* Bray Wyatt vs. Dean Ambrose in a Money In the Bank qualifier will take place later tonight.

* Erick Rowan defeated Jey Uso and Uso appeared to be hurt but was likely just selling.

* Bo Dallas defeated R-Truth with the Bo-dog. The crowd was really into the match.

* Paul Heyman comes out and talks about The Streak ending. Cesaro says he's here to fight. Sheamus interrupts them for a non-title match that was described as an awesome physical match. Cesaro won with a small package.

* Adam Rose defeated Fandango with his finisher. Summer Rae was dressed up as one of the Rosebuds and attacked Layla, beating her up pretty bad.

* Big E defeated Jack Swagger. Lana and Rusev came out during the match to taunt and yell at Big E.

* Alicia Fox squashed Aksana.

* Bray Wyatt vs. Dean Ambrose in a Money In the Bank qualifying match is next. Bray controlled a good part of the match. This was described as a crazy physical match. Seth Rollins came out to screw Ambrose and Wyatt hit Sister Abigail for the win. Wyatt qualifies for Money In the Bank. This appears to be when SmackDown went off the air.

Money in the bank will most likely be Orton, Del Rio, Cesaro, Sheamus,
Bray, Cena and Reigns

Also your getting Rollins vs
Ambrose
at the pay per view

file_179403_0_bryan-danielson(1).jpg

This is a great look.

I like the look he had in his earlier days too when he came out with a jacket and styled hair like a jock.

AK670WI.png

He looks so different. And I don't mean the hair. It's in his eyes. He looks so legit in those pics. I don't see that in him when he's a face.

strobogo

Banned
The paralells between Bryan and Austin are hard to ignore:

Spent the first 7-10 years in smaller companies working their way up
Came from small towns
Got super over unexpectedly and unplanned
Pushes really went to the next level when a big name star left the company
Neck injury coming right at the peak of overness
Major feuds with the McMahons
Won the title in their first WM main event
Got a single syllable word super over
Stuck with Kane shortly after winning the title
Wives involved in storylines
Got super over as a heel, forced to turn face
Nick named after animals
Use one finger on each hand for signature taunts

Basically, Daniel Bryan is Steve Austin 2K14. Undeniable. #FACT. Maybe Bryan will need to take a year off and he'll get a perm so he can be full on Bruiser Brody-cito.

somedevil

Going by news and spoilers the most likely Money in the Bank lineup is going to be Cesaro, Sheamus, Del Rio, Orton,
Bray
Cena
, and
Reigns

Who do you want to win the title?

PInk Tape

Banned
I see what you mean; in the first picture he comes off cocky and in the second he comes off as pissed off and vicious. Like he might kick your head in or something.
Total opposite from the happy smiley Bryan for sure. I suppose his looks and how he carries himself vary depending on what character he's playing and if he's a heel or face.

Btw thanks Alucard for the suggestions!

I would say Cesaro has to win. It has to be a heel, as Bryan will be back probably within 2-3 weeks, and I'm not sure they want to redo Bray and Brine.

Going by news and spoilers the most likely Money in the Bank lineup is going to be Cesaro, Sheamus, Del Rio, Orton,
Bray
Cena
, and
Reigns

Going off the assumption whoever has it will be put into a match with Bryan upon his return, I'd be fine with
Bray, Cena,
or Cesaro.

Nice! It's definitely great. Have you seen the Dragonborn one? Sooooo good.

Just wait, Spider and I are going to turn the FMV game upside down with our shit.

I would like to see Cesaro win, but it's not happening. Heyman is still talking about Brock and himself and Cesaro is just standing there. It's gonna be Cena.

Bowser

Bray
Cena
, and
Reigns

Out of those? Cesaro. But it will be Orton or Del Rio for sure.

jred2k

I really couldn't think of a bigger non-event than if they made ADR champ. At least Ziggler would get pops for the night. They've had pretty equal levels of relevance over the past couple months.

I would say Cesaro has to win. It has to be a heel, as Bryan will be back probably within 2-3 weeks, and I'm not sure they want to redo Bray and Brine.

A Bray/Bryan rematch for Summerslam with Bryan avenging his loss to Bray and the titles?!

That and Cesaro/Brock would be absolute hot fire. THE MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN AND THE MATCH MADE IN HEEEEEEEELLLLLL.

I do fear another B-movie horror shit for Bryan again tho.

somedevil

Having Bray and Cena in the same match again is literally the dumbest idea so of course they're doing it

It makes total sense they are both high level talent that need to be in the match for the title. Its not just two guys in this ladder match. There is 5 other guys in there as well. Its funny that six are involved in feuds and Del Rio is just there.

If they do another ladder match I wonder who will be in it and if they might use people from nxt.

That 2k15 write up from Game Informer has me a bit optimistic, but I'll believe when I see it.

All the buttons are being hit right but I'll believe it when I see it.

jred2k

I love seeing optimism here as much as anybody, but there is never a reason to be optimistic about a WWE game. You're best to just forget they even exist until one day you hear a large group of people talking about how surprisingly good it is.

G-Fex

I went into the 2K15 thread in the future.

-no mercy mention
-wrestlemania 2000 mention
-wcw/nwo revenge mention
-Yukes lol comments
-Booker T comparison picture
-Someone mentions TNA
-wrestling gifs

I really need to dust off my 64 and pop in my trifecta of revenge, 2000, and no mercy. All I've got with me are shut your mouth, hctp, and fire pro returns

New Japan dominion card

**New Japan has also announced the full card for Dominion on June 21st in Osaka following the conclusion of the Best of the Super Juniors tournament on the weekend:
*Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bad Luck Fale for the Intercontinental Title
*Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Togi Makabe for the IWGP Tag Titles – Makabe is coming from a broken jaw he suffered at the May 25th show
*Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii vs. A.J. Styles & Yujiro
*Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka vs. Toru Yano & Kazushi Sakuraba
*Kota Ibushi vs. Ricochet for the IWGP junior heavyweight title
*Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. for th NWA Tag Titles
*Tomoaki Honma & Yuji Nagata vs. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
*The Young Bucks vs. Alex Shelley & Kushida for the IWGP junior heavyweight tag titles

The state of tag team wrestling is dire.

Top Bottom