• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

PInk Tape

Banned
Uh, why does CM Punk have a bunch of Justin Bieber pictures in this twitter gallery?

A mixture of general dislike for the guy and, in some way, humorous retribution for him stepping on the crest when he visited Blackhawks HQ the last year they won the cup. I'm guessing. If I remember correctly if you step on it, it brings bad luck. That was last year and this year they lost to the Kings so..

It works?

Sblargh

Banned
I get WWE adapting wrestlers styles to be slower, have more pacing and stuff like that and it works a lot of the time. But a lot of times feels like "hey, we should make this more boring. On purpose."

Battlefield Hardline PS4 Beta Code

I have a spare code, it's hidden in this message and missing 1 character, which is a number.

Quote to reveal

Sblargh

Banned
Promotions you would pay 10 dollars a month to have access to their archives / upcoming PPVs. Mine (so far, excluding WWE because I already got the Network):

Shimmer
NJPW
RoH

-

That's forty dollars of wrestling a month, but I think I'd do it.

Browny

Banned
Obviously whoever took it now needs to post the "It was me Austin" gif.

shaggy-it-wasnt-me-gif.gif

Alucard

Banned
Daniel Bryan. :(

Cesaro. :(

How did we end up here? After WM made me feel so good with promise.

What happened to Cesaro? Are you just referring to the unfortunate way he's been paired with Heyman? I'm cool if it ends up in a Cesaro/Brock match...which Cesaro would definitely have to lose.

He's just floundering around in nothing. Was ready to take off and they just put the breaks on suddenly.

Pairing him with Heyman was dumb. Cesaro just stands there smiling like an afterthought.

Such a waste. Obviously its not unrecoverable and maybe they will at some point, I just mean after WM I thought the star had been created and they needed to GO WITH IT, not let it cool off like this. He even had the swing suuuuper over.

He also should have kept the Real Americans music, I know it was Swaggers first and he probably needed it because he's still going with the Real American thing... but really, as if anyone would have cared/noticed if Swagger had to change.

Jimmy Susumu vs T-Hawk - King of Gate FINAL - (Dragon Gate 2014/05/31)

Too many tag matches, mang.

The card slightconfuse posted is missing Tetsuya Naito vs Tama Tonga, but that's still only 3 singles matches on a 9 match card - however, we're heading into G1 season and New Japan don't want to give away too many matches we'll potentially see there.

Incidentally, I can't wait for the G1 - they'll probably announce the participants at Dominion, but not much has been said about the format this year, other than there will be fewer 'veteran' guys, so likely no Nakanishi or Tenzan. Rumour amongst some Japanese fans has it there'll be 12 wrestlers per block, as it's the 24th anniversary of the tournament, but that'd be two more matches per-show than last year. Can't see it happening. The schedule's not as hectic this time around though, but it's still going to be an awesome few weeks of wrestling - 12 shows in 21 days.

How does NJPW functions, anyway? Does it have a full schedule year, weekly shows, etc.?

They have a yearly schedule of big shows they stick to and then run 'tours' of smaller shows to hype up the big events - when they're on tour they'll usually have a show every other day, performing in various parts of the country, but using Tokyo as their home base. They have a weekly TV show that's broadcast nation wide called 'World Pro-Wrestling', but it's mostly just highlights and interviews, while big shows are regularly broadcast domestically on either paid cable, traditional PPV or iPPV.

Their yearly schedule generally looks like this;

. Wrestle Kingdom and the NJPW/CMLL FantasticaMania shows in January
. New Beginning in February
. Anniversary Show in March
. Invasion Attack in April
. Wrestling Dontaku in May
. Dominion in June
. G1 Climax in late July/early August
. Destruction in September
. King of Pro-Wrestling in October
. Power Struggle in November
. World Tag League in December

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
God help me if they stuff poor Nakanishi into the G1 this year. I doubt it'll happen but that poor guy will die in the ring.

I'd like to see Sakuraba in the tournament, just for variety's sake - not sure if he could take the schedule, though. I'd also be disappointed if Tenzan's in again, last year proved he can't hack it any more, as sad as that is. Hell, I'm bored, so I'm going to fantasy book some G1 blocks;

Block A;

. Shinsuke Nakamura
. Minoru Suzuki
. Katsuyori Shibata
. Tomohiro Ishii
. Tetsuya Naito
. Shelton 'X' Benjamin
. Satoshi Kojima
. Karl Anderson
. Lance Archer
. Doc Gallows
. Kazushi Sakuraba
. Daisuke Sekimoto (BJW)

Block B;

. Kazuchika Okada
. Hiroshi Tanahashi
. Togi Makabe
. Hirooki Goto
. AJ Styles
. Davey Boy Smith Jr.
. Tomoaki Honma
. Bad Luck Fale
. Yujiro Takahashi
. Captain New Japan
. Toru Yano
. Takashi Sugiura (NOAH)

Semi-Finals: Shinsuke Nakamura (winner of Block A) vs Hirooki Goto (runner up of Block B) ~ Katsuyori Shibata (runner up of Block A) vs Kazuchika Okada (winner of Block B)

Final: Shinsuke Nakamura vs Katsuyori Shibata

Okada beats AJ during the tournament, gets a match at Destruction, wins his title back from Styles and goes on to face Nakamura at Wrestle Kingdom 9.

It's either Captain or YOSHI-HASHI, lol. Running out of heavyweights.

Perhaps Nagata could fit in there, have him take a fall from Sugiura to set up a NOAH title match for them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's either Captain or YOSHI-HASHI, lol. Running out of heavyweights.

Perhaps Nagata could fit in there, have him take a fall from Sugiura to set up a NOAH title match for them.

Honestly I'd rather YOSHI-HASHI for that...I guess.

It's tough. With all the adjustments, and them saying specifically they need newer talent, well...it'll be interesting. And I am going whole hog buying the goddamn thing this year, not buying the entire "season" was a mistake last year. I thought it'd burn me out on wrestling but as I watched here and there as it went on, all it did was make me want more.

G1 2013 is probably the greatest wrestling event I've ever seen.

About to watch;

Daisuke Harada (c) vs Quiet Storm - GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title - (NOAH 2014/05/31)

Quiet Storm's a bit of a blast from the past, good to see he's made a career for himself in Japan though. You may remember this dude from early ROH, in lots of multi-man tag matches with Special K, The SAT and other Whipwreck-trained flippy-floppy guys. STORM! CRADLE! DRIVER!!!

Vince McMahon said:
Honestly I'd rather YOSHI-HASHI for that...I guess.

Both have actually impressed me recently - they both did well on the last iPPV, but I think Captain gets the better reactions of the two. That deadlift German spot with Shibata on the last show was awesome.

G1 2013 is probably the greatest wrestling event I've ever seen.

Same here, I doubt we'll ever see a month of wrestling that awesome in a long, long time. Or maybe this year's will top it, who knows? Definitely getting the whole thing again.

If I wanted to watch last year's G1 where would I watch it?

They're still up on dailymotion and the finals are on youtube;

Day 1 - 2013/08/01: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 2 - 2013/08/02: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 3 - 2013/08/03: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 4 - 2013/08/04: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 5 - 2013/08/06: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 6 - 2013/08/07: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 7 - 2013/08/08: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 8 - 2013/08/10: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 9 - 2013/08/11: Part 1/1

file_179403_0_bryan-danielson(1).jpg

This is a great look.

I like the look he had in his earlier days too when he came out with a jacket and styled hair like a jock.

AK670WI.png

He looks so different. And I don't mean the hair. It's in his eyes. He looks so legit in those pics. I don't see that in him when he's a face.
Bryan still looks like a nerd in these pictures. I don't understand what any of you see in him. You're trying so hard to make him work.

strobogo

Banned
Obviously Bryan works, considering he's been the most over guy in the company for a year now, and is more over than anyone since Rock or Austin. No one has to try hard to make him work. He already works. Really well. Super well. Most over guy in 15 years well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They're still up on dailymotion and the finals are on youtube;

Day 1 - 2013/08/01: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 2 - 2013/08/02: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 3 - 2013/08/03: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 4 - 2013/08/04: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 5 - 2013/08/06: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 6 - 2013/08/07: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 7 - 2013/08/08: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 8 - 2013/08/10: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 9 - 2013/08/11: Part 1/1

Everyone should bookmark that post, it is a beautiful thing. If you want to reignite your love of pro wrestling, this is a fireball onto your dwindling little campfire.

Bowser

Obviously Bryan works, considering he's been the most over guy in the company for a year now, and is more over than anyone since Rock or Austin. No one has to try hard to make him work. He already works. Really well. Super well. Most over guy in 15 years well.

lol this. All these dudes keep trying to act like he's not over and his chant is over, yet it's pretty fucking obvious that, yes (YES! even), he is over.

Bryan is over as fuck and I think WWE clearly realizes that, hence them trying to tell him to cool the jets, just like Austin when his neck got fucked up (but his was far more severe)

I totally agree. I mark for him. He'll just always look like a nerd. That last picture is the same face he makes all the time on Raw right now. People want to believe really bad that he's just as cool as Austin.

Sblargh

Banned
He's a nerd who kicks people in the face and, misteriously, it is a lot more fun than a big irish brawler who kicks people in the face.

He's a nerd who kicks people in the face and, misteriously, it is a lot more fun than a big irish brawler who kicks people in the face.
It's interesting how they keep Sheamus in this "I'm just a good guy who likes to fight" role when I feel he's the most common upper mid card recipient of "boring" chants.

jmdajr

Anyone here interested in a Battlefield Hardline beta code? I got one but I guess you need Battlefield4 for PS4 to use it. :\

Top Bottom