• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Sblargh

Banned
It's interesting how they keep Sheamus in this "I'm just a good guy who likes to fight" role when I feel he's the most common upper mid card recipient of "boring" chants.

I guess it's because it's a wrestling show and almost everyone is a good (or bad) guy who likes to fight.
It's like walking into a room in NASA and saying: "I'm a rocket engineer, isn't that special?"

Regarding the G1, isn't Adam Cole suppose to be a part of it? I remember reading reposts about NJPW being impressed with his work and wanting to bring him to Japan while they decided to pass on Elgin.

Seems New Japan are running two Destruction events this September;

Destruction in Kobe iPPV
9/21 Kobe World Hall at 4pm JST (12am PT)

Destruction in Okayama iPPV
9/23 Okayama Convex at 5pm JST (1am PT)

Regarding the G1, isn't Adam Cole suppose to be a part of it? I remember reading reposts about NJPW being impressed with his work and wanting to bring him to Japan while they decided to pass on Elgin.

I don't know if he's meant to be in the G1, but I do remember reading about Cole impressing New Japan officials. If he is booked in the G1, I'd guess he will drop the title to Elgin at Best in the World next week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gaijin presence will be heavy in the G1, but should also give people a heck of a chance to shine against some of the best talent you'll see.

Thank god Elgin got that haircut.

strobogo

Banned
I think the main issue people have with Sheamus isn't that he has the OUTTANOWHERE finish, because all the faces have the finish, even the ones that are over, but more that everyone has seen Sheamus vs Ziggler/ADR/Orton 500 times in the last 2 years and they keep running them frequently. Sheamus/Cesaro is already getting to that since they've had 5-7 matches in the last month and a half alone, plus one or two before WM.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People like spraying liquid over the world. Fun shit.

2Zruvmi.jpg

Thank god Elgin got that haircut.

Yeah, but now he's shaved it all off and just looks...weird. Reminded me of Private Pile from Full Metal Jacket.

Seems New Japan are running two Destruction events this September;

Destruction in Kobe iPPV
9/21 Kobe World Hall at 4pm JST (12am PT)

Destruction in Okayama iPPV
9/23 Okayama Convex at 5pm JST (1am PT)

I don't know if he's meant to be in the G1, but I do remember reading about Cole impressing New Japan officials. If he is booked in the G1, I'd guess he will drop the title to Elgin at Best in the World next week.

Gotcha. I know this isn't happening but I would love to see O'Riley win the title just to hear more ROH is biting off of PWG comments.

Obviously Bryan works, considering he's been the most over guy in the company for a year now, and is more over than anyone since Rock or Austin. No one has to try hard to make him work. He already works. Really well. Super well. Most over guy in 15 years well.

Stro, why don't you defend Bryan more often with us brother? Are we that defensive that you'll just write off us marks immediately and not even bother? Is he just not that worth it to defend? Do you just not have the time to partake in such discussions when the Bryan hate gets too heated? Am I too heated? It's all good though, you just present arguments so well that you could convince all the doubters. I remember how you did that to Sunny. Shit was beautiful mang.

BpTD5tJIcAEb9lM.jpg

Look at this poorly groomed individual. I can't believe they made him champion.

strobogo

Banned
Stro, why don't you defend Bryan more often with us brother? Are we that defensive that you'll just write off us marks immediately and not even bother? Is he just not that worth it to defend? Do you just not have the time to partake in such discussions when the Bryan hate gets too heated? Am I too heated? It's all good though, you just present arguments so well that you could convince all the doubters. I remember how you did that to Sunny. Shit was beautiful mang.

I'm pretty sure the majority of people shitting on Bryan are joking around so I don't really see a reason to try to defend him. There really is no reason to do so because he's obviously super duper over and it is impossible to deny.

I'm pretty sure the majority of people shitting on Bryan are joking around so I don't really see a reason to try to defend him. There really is no reason to do so because he's obviously super duper over and it is impossible to deny.

You're probably right. But even then, it's like hearing the same joke over and over again though. I guess it's a matter of taste perhaps. But it's really getting loud in here.

Also not entirely unwarranted, I must admit.

Carnby

What is more heartbreaking? Having hope for The Last Guardian to be shown at E3 or hoping that WWE had finally entered a new era post WM30?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
2Zruvmi.jpg

Yeah, but now he's shaved it all off and just looks...weird. Reminded me of Private Pile from Full Metal Jacket.

Far better than a Willow umbrella, fuck that's dope.

And now I can't unsee Pyle. Gonna yell at him every time I see him like R Lee Ermey.

"WHAT IS YOUR MALFUNCTION YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT? PICK THAT GUY UP AND GIVE HIM A MUSCLE BUSTER RIGHT GODDAMN NOW YOU WORTHLESS MICRODICK!"

What the hell are you talking about
I remember it. You can't argue good logic, and it was. I don't hate Bryan, I hate his fans.

You're probably right. But even then, it's like hearing the same joke over and over again though. I guess it's a matter of taste perhaps. But it's really getting loud in here.

Then again you have this fucking avatar that is the worst picture of him on planet earth. Goddamn Duncan!

I play up shit for larfs sometimes but I felt bummed that all the shit myself and others were talking "the chase is better than the catch" "he can't talk for shit" "bum title run incoming, nobody will care" ended up happening under shittier circumstances. I like Bryan but I've seen so much of WWE exposing his flaws instead of properly protecting him. They've been taking him out of the ring (not that they could do much with that) and onto the mic and it should be reversed, goddammit. Or as Stro would say, god damn it.

Bryan could do a lot of good with CJ Parker's gimmick.

I just hope when I say THANK GOD THEY STRIPPED BRYAN OF THE TITLE it's because it gives him a chance to get that crazy reaction he got before Mania again, and doesn't mean I hate him looking like a barnyard animal. His look has got to goddamn change.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just think of how fun it would be to have "Daniel Bryan: Clean" show up and encourage people to cut their beards off. That clean shaven is the way to go.

jred2k

Giving trolls negative reactions just continues to feed them. With this thread right now, you are lucky to get 3-5 posts of actual discussion before it breaks down to shitty re-tread jokes. To be fair, the product is boring right now, but I don't see why the result of that has to be pages of "John Sina" and Horse jokes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Giving trolls negative reactions just continues to feed them. With this thread right now, you are lucky to get 3-5 posts of actual discussion before it breaks down to shitty re-tread jokes. To be fair, the product is boring right now, but I don't see why the result of that has to be pages of "John Sina" and Horse jokes.

btw if you'll notice, Horse has vanished. Main acct must have been unbanned. Wonder who he is...

Also don't talk shit about John Sina fuck.com lest I post more legitshook search terms to make people feel uncomfortable.

Jamie OD

Can I vote for the Mega Man Final Smash to be the best pro wrestling moment of the year? Surprised the fans weren't chanting "You Still Got It" afterwards.

Then again you have this fucking avatar that is the worst picture of him on planet earth. Goddamn Duncan!

Wrassle me breh.

I play up shit for larfs sometimes but I felt bummed that all the shit myself and others were talking "the chase is better than the catch" "he can't talk for shit" "bum title run incoming, nobody will care" ended up happening under shittier circumstances. I like Bryan but I've seen so much of WWE exposing his flaws instead of properly protecting him. They've been taking him out of the ring (not that they could do much with that) and onto the mic and it should be reversed, goddammit. Or as Stro would say, god damn it.

I just hope when I say THANK GOD THEY STRIPPED BRYAN OF THE TITLE it's because it gives him a chance to get that crazy reaction he got before Mania again, and doesn't mean I hate him looking like a barnyard animal. His look has got to goddamn change.

I ain't trying to stink up the joint with all this defensive BS that I see a lot in myself some of the time (not when I'm posting apparently :/) but just like a great man once said, "you're gonna have to eat shit and like the taste of it." And boy doe this place serve it sometimes. But "motherfucker not everything's about me." So yeah we're all in the forum entertainment business I guess. Keyword there is entertainment. Less so forum.

Ok John Sina fuck.com is still hilarious to me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

BpTD5tJIcAEb9lM.jpg

Look at this poorly groomed individual. I can't believe they made him champion.

Hm? Lincoln is groomed.

Hm? Lincoln is groomed.

Fucker should shave. That critter only got over by pandering to the all those cats up North and his abolishment promos. I mean yeah I get it, slavery is terrible. We all agree to that. But you're totally burying Robert E. Lee!

Ok I'm walking down a very thin line, am I?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I ain't trying to stink up the joint with all this defensive BS that I see a lot in myself some of the time (not when I'm posting apparently :/) but just like a great man once said, "you're gonna have to eat shit and like the taste of it." And boy doe this place serve it sometimes. But "motherfucker not everything's about me." So yeah we're all in the forum entertainment business I guess. Keyword there is entertainment. Less so forum.

Serious question, because I don't remember - what other wrestling do you follow? Or are you just a WWE guy really? What do you like? What do you hate?

So what's this whole WWE 2K15 might have new graphics and stuff.

They're using the scanners in NBA 2k games so I'm already excited about that. They're also saying they added hella animations and shit. They also recorded commentary during actual Raw broadcasts I think? I'm cautiously optimistic about it and that shit's out in October also.

I wonder if they'll delay it.

I'll be 100% ok with that.

XenoRaven

Wrassle me breh.

Ok John Sina fuck.com is still hilarious to me.
I just started making use of the ignore list. The jokes about Bryan have been repeated more times than Bryan's "these people have a voice" promos.

Top Bottom