• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Sblargh

Banned
I don't do ignore lists, because the evil Bryan enemies sometimes say interesting stuff, but I do a lot of self restraint and "don't feed the trolls" attitude.

Edit: Briscoes - too homophobic for WWE; homophobic enough for Fox.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm preparing to watch about six hours of STARDOM to get current. Anyone else keeping up with STARDOM and anything in particular I should keep an eye out for while I watch (besides pretty much everything, because STARDOM fuckin rules)

XenoRaven

I'm selective. I don't ignore Lambda. He's an OK guy. The people I ignore say almost nothing of value to me ever. Like JesseEwiak.

I also ignore Bionic because of the Eva Marie gifs, but I don't ignore Cure or DM.

Serious question, because I don't remember - what other wrestling do you follow? Or are you just a WWE guy really? What do you like? What do you hate?

Fuck it, I'm in a telling mood so might as well give you the origin story.

Just to make you feel old again, I'm only 20 (turning 21 tomorrow actually, I can be the next Stro!) so my knowledge of wrestling really lived and died through the WWF/E. Was watching passively when I was 5 during the Attitude era and saw all those goons do they're stuff and people were flipping their shit over it, I just saw it as a wrestling show. Then I completely glossed over it when they moved to TNN because I didn't have it at the time and Smackdown could only do so much for me since it was only telling half the story. I completely ignored 2002-2003 era which I hear was bad and good.

Then my cable provider got TNN and said "Oh shit wrestling's back!"Until I saw a little thing called Royal Rumble 2004 and I started looking at GameFaqs wrestling forums and reading up lists of title reigns and researching from there and I was a bit of a Cena mark at the time not gonna lie but even my 12-year old self started getting tired of his schtick and that sort of feigned my interest a bit and let's just say a little event happening in 2007 made me stop completely.

Then in 2011, when I graduated high school and was just letting the days go by until college started, I saw a bunch of people on Twitter shitting themselves (this was before I started following wrestlers I might add) over what CM Punk did and I was all in and got real excited. I've been lurking since 2007 and only got approved in 2011 and when that Punk stuff started happening I really wanted to get my hands dirty with this wrestling stuff because I didn't have a job at the time and wanted invest in something entertaining. I always thought wrestling was dumb so when stuff got dumb I got over it, then I discovered Review a Wai, and that got me REALLY hooked on the backstage stuff and all the dirtsheet hullabaloo. Real or not, shit's mad entertaining. But yeah that's the gist of it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck it, I'm in a telling mood so might as well give you the origin story.

Just to make you feel old again, I'm only 20 (turning 21 tomorrow actually, I can be the next Stro!) so my knowledge of wrestling really lived and died through the WWF/E. Was watching passively when I was 5 during the Attitude era and saw all those goons do they're stuff and people were flipping their shit over it, I just saw it as a wrestling show. Then I completely glossed over it when they moved to TNN (now Spike, home of TNA for the time being.) and completely ignored 2002-2003 era which I hear was bad and good. Until I saw a little thing called Royal Rumble 2004 and I started looking at GameFaqs wrestling forums and reading up lists of title reigns and researching from there and I was a bit of a Cena mark at the time not gonna lie but even my 12-year old self started getting tired of his schtick and that sort of feigned my interest a bit and let's just say a little event happening in 2007 made me stop completely.

Then in 2011, when I graduated high school and was just letting the days go by until college started, I saw a bunch of people on Twitter shitting themselves (this was before I started following wrestlers I might add) over what CM Punk did and I was all in and got real excited. I've been lurking since 2007 and only got approved in 2011 and when that Punk stuff started happening I really wanted to get my hands dirty with this wrestling stuff because I didn't have a job at the time and wanted invest in something entertaining. I always thought wrestling was dumb so when stuff got dumb I got over it, then I discovered Review a Wai, and that got me REALLY hooked on the backstage stuff and all the dirtsheet hullabaloo. Real or not, shit's mad entertaining. But yeah that's the gist of it.

Alright. Since you're young and I'm old, do you have much free time?

Review-A-Wai is a great show when they get great stuff to watch. This week is IWA:MS and it makes me want to watch that horrific Tracey Smothers commentary, I gotta hear that shit. "Who's the heel and who's the babyface?" fucking LOL.

You ever try any NJPW? We have a list of stuff to try if you're interested. Or do you stay away from any kind of wrassles in particular because of bullshit reasons ala Aiii's "they don't speak in english" excuse?

Also:
HaJ4geD.jpg

I'm selective. I don't ignore Lambda. He's an OK guy. The people I ignore say almost nothing of value to me ever. Like JesseEwiak.

I also ignore Bionic because of the Eva Marie gifs, but I don't ignore Cure or DM.

I ignore everybody.

You all suck. I'm the tallest person here!

Alright. Since you're young and I'm old, do you have much free time?

Review-A-Wai is a great show when they get great stuff to watch. This week is IWA:MS and it makes me want to watch that horrific Tracey Smothers commentary, I gotta hear that shit. "Who's the heel and who's the babyface?" fucking LOL.

You ever try any NJPW? We have a list of stuff to try if you're interested. Or do you stay away from any kind of wrassles in particular because of bullshit reasons ala Aiii's "they don't speak in english" excuse?

Also:
HaJ4geD.jpg

I mean with my college classes and part-time job, I really only ever watch wrestling in the mid-to late afternoon. I have been working a greatly reduced schedule to focus on school so WWE Network launched at the PERFECT time. I had money saved up and had all this free time. Time for wrestling.

There was a period in 2005 where I keep hearing around GameFAQS forums about ROH but the only way to access it was thru DVDs you could only buy at an online store. As a 12-year old with no credit card, this bummed me out. So that's probably why I was never deep into the indies. That and the spoiled treatment WWE gave me in terms of production. Been thinking about doing 1996 WCW PPV run but I only watched half of Hog Wild :/

NJPW is AWESOME. Not staying up at 3-4 am awesome but those guys are impressing the hell out of me than ever before. I like that Shinsuke Nakamura guy. He and Dean Ambrose should tussle sometime. 20-25 minutes of pure twitch madness!

Sblargh

Banned
I was secretly hoping this CZW themed thread would give me deathmatch stuff to watch. I'm almost sure I won't like it, but morbid curiosity and all. I mean, it's not like I can stop people from fucking themselves up for no good reason, might as well watch it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was secretly hoping this CZW themed thread would give me deathmatch stuff to watch. I'm almost sure I won't like it, but morbid curiosity and all. I mean, it's not like I can stop people from fucking themselves up for no good reason, might as well watch it.

Boots never responded to our CZW Viewing Party circa 2002 on Taima.tv. :(

My thoughts exactly! Here, watch these;

Nick Gage & John Zandig vs Mitsuhiro Matsunaga & Jun Kasai - Fire Road Deathmatch - (BJW 2000/08/06)
John Zandig vs Ryuji Yamakawa - Nails, Lighttubes & Barbed Wire Deathmatch - (BJW 2000/08/29)
John Zandig vs Mitsuhiro Matsunaga - 200 Lighttubes & Plate Glass Deathmatch - (BJW 2001/08/19)
John Zandig vs Mitsuhiro Matsunaga - Tarantula Forest Deathmatch - (BJW 2001/10/21)
John Zandig vs Mitsuhiro Matsunaga - Exploding Glass Deathmatch - (BJW 2001/12/02)

Also, something a bit more recent - the match starts about 16 minutes in;

Yuko Miyamoto vs Isami Kodaka - 300 Lighttubes TLC Deathmatch - (BJW 2014/05/05)

*edit, also, for an illustration of when deathmatch wrestling goes wrong, watch these; The Necro/Pondo incident, Nick Gage gets set on fire, but maybe not quite as badly as Shadow WX.

Vince McMahon said:
Boots never responded to our CZW Viewing Party circa 2002 on Taima.tv. :(

Shit, I must have missed that, sorry. We'll have to do a viewing party for this year's Tournament of Death when it's out!

Well unlike the man in my avatar (LOOK AT IT) I'm getting a haircut. Which wrestling haircut should I get? Should I keep and go full Mark Briscoe? Go for Prince Devitt's shaved sides a little bit of extra on the top? Tell me now!

im not gonna listen to any of you.

Browny

Banned
Well unlike the man in my avatar (LOOK AT IT) I'm getting a haircut. Which wrestling haircut should I get? Should I keep and go full Mark Briscoe? Go for Prince Devitt's shaved sides a little bit of extra on the top? Tell me now!

im not gonna listen to any of you.

You'll need to join the gaps with facepaint (or a Samoa Joe "tattoo", but how about...

mantaur.jpg

Jaki Numazawa vs Takashi Sasaki - BJW 200 Lighttubes Deathmatch

I get a craving to watch some deathmatches like once a year, so I'll binge on lighttube matches and Cage of Death's for an hour or two before I think "This is really fucking dumb" then I'm done for the next year.

strobogo

Banned
For you protein heads (Sunny, Edge), how the fuck do you deal with eating or drinking that much of it? A breakfast drink with a lot of protein will put my stomach in AGONY for hours.

PRETEND IT SAYS "JEER" INSTEAD OF "BOO"

Ahhh now I get it.

....HEY

All that yogurt and protein powder is just because he's too old to chew now.

Booooo :(

Man, I had no idea people were so vociferous about the Destiny Alpha. The Hardline one I kind of get, but...

Also jred, I get the feeling your code would've worked even if you didn't own BF4. I'll test it to make sure. If it does, I'll give you one of the Hardline beta codes I'm getting on Tuesday.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How old are you, Sunny? Like 73?

:(

close

For you protein heads (Sunny, Edge), how the fuck do you deal with eating or drinking that much of it? A breakfast drink with a lot of protein will put my stomach in AGONY for hours.

It doesn't bother me at all. I routinely put down around 70g in one sitting like breakfastish stuff and nothin.

Stro, why don't you defend Bryan more often with us brother? Are we that defensive that you'll just write off us marks immediately and not even bother? Is he just not that worth it to defend? Do you just not have the time to partake in such discussions when the Bryan hate gets too heated? Am I too heated? It's all good though, you just present arguments so well that you could convince all the doubters. I remember how you did that to Sunny. Shit was beautiful mang.

BpTD5tJIcAEb9lM.jpg

Look at this poorly groomed individual. I can't believe they made him champion.

i was really confused at this post for a lil bit

i thought it was Heel

Hasney

You get used to the protein. Are you mixing it with water or milk stro? Might be too much dairy if it's the latter and you don't normally have a lot.

Could just be your drink. Do you just have whey with milk? That can fuck up my stomach and make me bloat hard. Try it with water.

strobogo

Banned
Could just be your drink. Do you just have whey with milk? That can fuck up my stomach and make me bloat hard. Try it with water.

I'm talking legitmate breakfast drinks like Ensure. MURDERED my stomach. There was a time when I was lifting 3 times a week and taking whey after every work out and I had the same issues.

WRASSLEGAF OBSERVER EXXXCLUSIVE:

The WrassleGAF Observer has just recieved promo pictures for Daniel Bryan's return look. Sources say he could be debuting the look as early as Summerslam. Expect the pictures to turn up in WWE Magazine or WWE.com in the next month or so.

aYTtzQo.jpg

Switch to a different protein source, are you using whey right now?

EDIT: This is my current jam, I don't mind Whey but I'm just not having any dairy at the moment for a cleanse. I feel better after taking this w/ almond milk + berries so I might just stick to it:
vega-one-family-web.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Someone mentioned Layla got what looked like a bukkake on Raw. Is this true?

JavyOO7

They're still up on dailymotion and the finals are on youtube;

Day 1 - 2013/08/01: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 2 - 2013/08/02: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 3 - 2013/08/03: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 4 - 2013/08/04: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 5 - 2013/08/06: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 6 - 2013/08/07: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 7 - 2013/08/08: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 8 - 2013/08/10: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Day 9 - 2013/08/11: Part 1/1

Very kind of you. Thank you. :)